Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mel,

We're still rooting for you!! Keep safe...

It'll be a long trip, Mel, but I hope you have room for all our thoughts and prayers, cuz there going with you!

Kath

We're all right there in the back seat pushing you from behind. I don't know how you or any of those with their loved ones cremains has made it through this part of your journey. I have a friend in Phoenix who was making a 5hr drive so she can do the same thing tomorrow. I think she is a little behind you in her journey (Oct).

You might not want to look in the rear view mirror because all of us staring at you might be a little scary.

Be careful and keep us posted.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I only made it three hours on Sat. before I had to stop and have my brother-in-law come to my rescue. I had the same dizziness that I had in the mountains, so now I know it wasn't altitude, but maybe an inner ear infection. So I'm here for two more weeks and trying to find a doctor. My mother will fly here in a couple of weeks to help me drive home. When it rains, it pours.

I am secretly pleased that you have an ear infection ... I think it's good for you to have his brother with you right now. Also that your Mom is flying to you to drive you home is great. In my opinion you have been as brave as a Spartan warrior ... let them help you. xxxx

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I only made it three hours on Sat. before I had to stop and have my brother-in-law come to my rescue. I had the same dizziness that I had in the mountains, so now I know it wasn't altitude, but maybe an inner ear infection. So I'm here for two more weeks and trying to find a doctor. My mother will fly here in a couple of weeks to help me drive home. When it rains, it pours.

Mel maybe this is for the best. A bit of an extra rest and a visit to a Dr. plus some company on the way home... sounds like some good coming out of a real tough situation.

I hope the Doc finds out what is up and can help you feel better quickly. In the meantime.... get some rest and relax as much as you can.

Keep us posted!

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

leeann

Mel,

I am glad you have help coming and hope you're doing okay, please let us know how you are, okay?

Love,

Kay

Mel,

Can I say I'm happy you have an ear infection without sounding cruel? You had a tough journey all alone and I am relieved you are in good, loving hands and will have company on the return trip. I don't know how close you are to your mom, but I had the opportunity to re-connect with mine recently and it is good. Keep us posted on the Dr. results, okay?

Kath

Mel - - You succeeded with what you wanted to do. I'm so happy for you and proud of you. For right now, I am so glad that your mother will becoming out to get you home. Girl, I've been worried about you every step of the way (and I felt like I was taking every step with you). You have been an inspiration who has helped us all be stronger when we needed it most. Thank you and be safe.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I''m finally on my way home. I was VERY ill the last week and had to turn to drastic measures - a shot in my butt. Anyway, I pick up my mother tomorrow and we'll travel six days home. It was very difficult to leave my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and I hope to return soon. Thanks for all your prayers.

Perhaps you were marching onwards because you had a goal to reach ... and when you got there, your body said, "that's enough, I need to rest" ... but a shot in the butt? That IS extreme :blush:

I know how hard it is to leave his family ... and am thankful that your Mom will be with you for the journey home.

I remember that you said that you didn't want to go home before ("what for"), but I hope that when you get there ... you will feel him around you, and find comfort in being with "your stuff" that you collected together, his clothes etc etc ... I know I did. Walking through the front door the first time is extremely tough ... hold your Mom's hand xxx