Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Prayers Requested For Wendyj And Family

For those of you that know of our dear friend WendyJ, I am asking for prayers on her behalf as her Grandmother´s condition changes. Wendy just received a call from her family, that her Grandmother´s kidneys are shutting down. I believe Joan is ninety-four or ninety-five and it was in her household that Wendy was raised. Thank you.

Fred

Wendy:

I will say a prayer for your grandmother today. Living with your grandmother is special. I was raised by my grandmother. I know you have been through some rough times and I miss not hearing from you. I hope you are well and that you take care of yourself.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Wendy,

I pray God surround you with His grace and comfort you and your family. Grandmas are so special.

Kath

Wendy, I am so sorry that you have yet more heartache in your life. I pray that your Grandmother is not in pain and that you have the strength to endure this. You are such a kind person and have helped me many times this year. My heart goes out to you.

Lots of love

Boo

xxxx

Wendy is in my prayers, as is her whole family. I'm sorry they're going through this.

:(

Thank You all for your prayers and well wishes, I wish I had more news to share with you at this time but I do not. Sadly hospitals are not like I remember when I worked in the lab, we are still waiting for urine tests sent down to the lab this morning. Hospitals are so understaffed any more it is actually scarey to have to be admitted to one and as my sister and I have found out when my mom has been admitted a few times you constantly need someone there to look out for you and your well being. My Grandmother is as Fred said 95 years old with Alzheimers and has been in an Assisted Living Home for a few months now as my Mom has cancer and the care for her not only became dangerous but too much for her to handle. She no longer has an appetite and barely drinks anything so this has badly dehydrated her, which had caused the kidneys to start to shut down. They may have caught this in time, the tests we are waiting on will show us this, but there is the fear once she goes back to the home this will only happen again as they can not force her to eat and drink, and to make matters worse she is also diabetic. The day after Thanksgiving they gave us a private room at the home and we brought in all our family tradition foods which were her recipies, and she made faces at them all except the whipped cream. ( God love her ) At that time she seemed pale and very tired, but we thought maybe it was one of the medications she was on.

You all mean the world to me and I truly believe that all your prayers may be the reason she seems to be holding her own right now, and for that I am so very grateful, I will let you know as soon as I know more from the doctors.

All my love,

Wendy

To all my friends,

I have wonderful news about my Grandmother that I wanted to share with you. Although she is very thin from lack of her not eating and drinking much prior to going in the hospital she is now doing wonderfully. They found that all the problems we have had in the last few months such as mood swings ( some violent) weekness, always sleeping, no longer walking etc all had to do with becoming dehydrated. They have since taken her off the multiple meds they had her on except for her diabetes. Although she has Alzheimers she is back to her old self and was talking last night, concerned whether we had all eaten and if we were warm enough, oh yes and kept trying to give us all money ...lol. She was even watching tv which she hasnt done in years and joking with us and the nurses...I can not tell you how excited we are to have her back to almost her old self again and I truly believe if she had not gone into the hospital she would have passed at the Assisted Living Home as her kidneys were failing. She is going today to a Nursing Home for a week for rehabilitation and we are looking into her staying there as we refuse to allow her to go back to where she has been even though it was supposed to have been one of the top places around..Bull*&#@ They never even allerted us to bed sores she has. I just wanted to let everyone know of her progress and to thank everyone again from the bottom of my heart as all your prayers were certainly answered. It is so comforting to be part of a wonderful family that really cares and will be there to lift you when needed.

Love Always,

Wendy :wub: