Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Asking For Some Prayers

Would like to ask all my old friends for some prayers this week as I prepare to have my knees replaced on Thurs. This will be the first surgery I've had on my own and the first time I've been a little nervous. Had a little scare on Tues. when my EKG was read as a possible heart attack but the stress test was negative so every thing is now a go again. Thanks in advance.

Mig we do not know each other but I'll

sure say a prayer for you that all goes well...

Marty,

My girls with be with me as much as possible and once I get out of the hospital Shadow and I are going to stay at my mom's house for at least 1-2 weeks. She couldn't pick me up but she could at least call for help if I got in trouble. She loves Shadow and wouldn't be able to make it for a month without seeing him. Once she's with him every day, she may be glad to see us go home though.

I know things will be OK but it's just not the same without Tom here.

By the way, I don't know if anyone else has had this happen but the "tool bar thing for the font, special prints, etc. is now down in the middle of the reply box so you can't see what you are typing in the middle. I've tried to click on it and move it but it won't budge.

Okay, Mary Linda, I am relieved to know that you'll have some family members there to help you! As for the posting problems, I have no explanation for that. Have you tried re-booting your computer? I know that when I've tried just about everything to "fix" a mysterious problem like that, when all else fails, I just re-boot, and oftentimes the problem is resolved. (Are there any computer whiz folks out there who have any better suggestions?)

Okay, Mary Linda, I am relieved to know that you'll have some family members there to help you! As for the posting problems, I have no explanation for that. Have you tried re-booting your computer? I know that when I've tried just about everything to "fix" a mysterious problem like that, when all else fails, I just re-boot, and oftentimes the problem is resolved. (Are there any computer whiz folks out there who have any better suggestions?)

Yes, I tried the reboot and it's still there. Now on this it is at the top but when I hit the regular reply it is right in the middle.

Would like to ask all my old friends for some prayers this week as I prepare to have my knees replaced on Thurs. This will be the first surgery I've had on my own and the first time I've been a little nervous. Had a little scare on Tues. when my EKG was read as a possible heart attack but the stress test was negative so every thing is now a go again. Thanks in advance.

Dear Mary Linda:

I will say a prayer for you too. I am sure you will be fine on Thursday. You will be in good hands. I will never forget your words of encouragement which helped me along with my journey. I am doing better. Its a year today for me. Just know that we are all routing for you and we all care.

Be well.

James

Dear Mary Linda,

You'll be at the top of my prayer list this week. I wish you a speedy recovery and that God puts angels (like yourself) in your path to help you heal.

Take good care,

Kath

Thanks everybody. I'm trying to keep really busy so I can't think about it too much. I have confidence in my Dr. so that helps too. I know several people who have had both knees replaced in the last year and they have all done well, so I'm sure that I will too, but I'm still nervous. Just wish Tom was here with me. I know he's watching over me. I appreciate all the prayers and will let you know how I am doing after surgery.

Mary Linda,

You've got it! Please keep us posted...do you have someone to stay with you for a while afterwards?

I am sure everything will go smoothly! You are in my prayers, of course, and Tom is with ya the only way he can be!

Korina

Good point, Mary Lou. I also have a friend who had recent surgery and is doing fine!

Korina

Mary Linda, I know our mantra on this site is that everyone is different, but I say this as one who's had this procedure, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I ever made. When the pain is so bad that you resist going across the room just to get a cup of coffee, you know that it is time, right? I had only one knee replaced, so I can't speak to what it's like to have both knees done at the same time ~ but I can tell you that within hours of my surgery I was up and walking with NO PAIN in my new knee (other than the normal post-surgical pain, for which I had medication). You're in for several weeks of rehab and physical therapy, but every day you'll feel better than you did the day before, and you'll be glad that all that excruciating knee pain is behind you. We're all thinking of you, Mary Linda, especially tomorrow, and wishing you nothing but the best :wub:

i hope that your knees will be healed.