Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Emotional Night

Good Evening all.

I just had to tell someone about my dream last night and the one the week before. The week before I dreamed of tornadoes and we were at a house but not our house and we were trying to get to the cellar which we do not have either. Any way the lights went out. Now when i say we I mean rick and myself even though he was not in the house with me. I just new he was there. I looked out and say the back half of rick in a shed. He was trying to fix the lights which he probably could of done because he could fix anything. Now not seeing his face I knew it was him. Weird isn't it . anyway i woke up. I wondered why i could not see him all because i have been asking since he has gone to give me a visit. Well last night again it was a strange dream. I was back at high school and was waiting for rick. He always did keep me waiting. Though we knew each other in high school that is not when we got together. It was years later and marriages to. even though i did have a crush on him and he was the farmer boy next door. I was looking down and looked up and he was there long enough for me to say hi dear.. All of him. He had that smirk he always did when he tried to tease or fool me or scare me and then I woke up. I cried the rest of the night and i really dont know why. I should have been happy cause that is what I wanted was a look at him in my dreams. Maybe i was selfish and it wasn't enough or long enough for me.

I just wanted to tell someone. Thanks for letting me go on. Mrs. B.

I dreamed of my wife, who died may 8th. last week, and last night. Both good dreams, but I awoke in tears, and stayed awake the rest of the night. Like you, i want to dream of my mate, but there is a price. Well worth it in my opinion. Hang in there and know there are others who share your grief!!

Mrs. B,

I have had only one dream of Pat and it has been awhile. Dreams can be so strange. I was in the yard and for some reason there was a mirror in front of me and when I looked up I could see him standing behind me. When I turned around he looked and me with a smile and told me he was okay. I had been asking him to come to me in a dream for quite sometime. It gave me a sense of peace knowing that he was okay but on the other hand a very uneasy feeling too. It is hard for me to explain. Of course the tears flowed the next day but that is not unusual for me. Seems like the tears flow more than not right now since it will be a year next week.

I am so glad you finally had your dream.

Take care,

Kat

Must be dream week, I had one with my wife in it last night. I haven't had many dreams with her in them since she passed, but last night there was no mistaking her. I took the opportunity to grab a couple kisses while we were there. It is strange how our minds work when we sleep, we were back at our old house and she and I were aware in the dream that she had been ill and was no longer alive now. All of her surgical scars were gone. she was happy and we were just talking and sitting together. God I miss her something terrible but it was nice to see her not in pain for the first time in months and months. Gotta go for now.

BW

I have had quite a few dreams of Lars in the past month. It was wonderful to see him with a huge smile on his face and able to jump off the back of a truck. I dreamt that he and my son-in-law were cleaning the shed, ready to take a load of garbage to the dump.He had leg pain since 2002, so there is no way he was able to hop off the back of a truck. To me, it showed that he wasn't in pain and the last two years of his life he lived on heavy duty pain killers.

I feel blessed to be able to have him come to me in dreams, at first I cried for hours, now I just feel a deep peace settle over me as if he is beside me.

Isn't it wonderful to see your loved one with no pain? To me it makes the sorrow a little easier to handle.

Hugs to all

Lainey

Hi

I also dreamt of Johnny a few weeks ago, I dreamt that he was lying beside me in bed and we were just hugging and hugging, then I woke up, I was very upset, it was so real, I could feel his arms hugging me, then I dreamt I opened the kitchen door, coming home from work, and there he was standing by the stove with a big smile on his face, these dreams tell me that they are trying to let us know that they are alright. I believe in that, I know that he was with me in my dreams, that is how they communicate with us. I also know that he is with me all the time, I feel his presence, and he gives me a lot of signs, but you have to ask them. and then they will do it., and you have to believe

Hugs

karen

Karen,

I too believe that our loved ones are communicating with us through dreams. If they look happy, as some of you have said, I think it meams that they are feeling good.. no more pain. One of the things Lars longed for was to not have pain or have to take medications for it. When he smiles and looks happy I know he is finally free of the pain and suffering.

Embrace those dreams, they are telling you all is good in their Universe and it will get better in ours also. In one way they are luckier than we are. We still have our physical aches, plus we are dealing with the emotional hurt from them leaving us.

Maybe some people reading this will think I'm crazy, but I believe in afterlife. If I didn't I don't think I would be able to continue. Anyway.. food for thought.

Hugs to all,

Lainey

I don't think you are crazy Lainey, I think you would have to be pretty closed minded to think that this is all there is in this huge universe we live in. I will be looking for my wife when I leave here no matter what form I take.

BW

Hi Lainey

I don't think you are crazy at all, I also believe in an afterlife, like you say I have to or I would not be able to go on, knowing that I will be with him again is what keeps me going. I wish I would dream of him more, I talk to him all the time, and know that he is watching me, I just know he is with me.

Hugs

Karen

I'm glad you got that dream...I've only had one and in it, I was mad because he left me. Crazy, huh? In five years, only one dream, I don't get that, he was everything to me! But I am glad you got that, I wish I could fall asleep and see him whenever I wanted...if anyone figures out how to do that, let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very vivid dream of my husband a couple months ago. I had hoped and prayed that he would come see me in a dream. He came to me looking like he did 10 years ago, dressed in his business clothes and looking very healthy. He was not in pain and was not suffering from his alcoholism or liver disease. He reached his hand out and said "you know what I want", I started to get angry. I thought you came all the way back to try to take me to bed? He then took my hand and said "let's go for a walk".

That is when I woke up. It took me a few minutes to wrap my mind around my dream. I started to cry, and continued to do so on and off all day. Before he became really sick, we use to go for walks in the morning. That was our alone time, and time to talk. I know that was his way of letting me know he was ok and out of pain.

I really miss taking walks with him!

jjaz

I dream about my husband about every four weeks. I am trying to get him to stop and talk to me, to hold me, to stop and feel everything. He's always in a hurry and doesn't want to slow down. I always tell him I need him to stop and talk to me to hold me to be with me for just a minute. He will stop for a minute but it isn't long enough. I cherish these moments and they feel so real. I wake in the morning and relive every moment of the dream playing it over and over in my head. Then I cry for half an hour!

I had a dream last night, I asked him to stop and hug me to hold me. He actually stopped We stood and embraced. I could feel the spot my head always rested on his shoulder. I felt his arms around me. I felt his perfect fit against me. He was calm and willing to slow down. We looked up and saw my son walking towards us. My husband said lets make him squirm. He hugged me tighter and kiseed me. He knew my son would be embarassed. It was like real life. We loved showing affection in front of our kids. We loved to have them tell us to stop. I didn't cry as hard this morning. Actuallly enjoyed my coffee and paper for a change. I know he is with me. He's sad for me and doesn't like to see me in this pain.- Cheryl

I do believe that they do come to us in different ways, and dreams are definately one way, you sound like you had a beautiful dream, I wish i would dream of him more, i did a few times, but i would be happy to dream of him every night,

god bless

karen