Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Date For Surgery

Hi everyone,

I went to the DR today. I have pre testing tomorrow and surgery on Monday 25 at 1:30 PM. I know it is in Gods hands, but I need all your support and prayers as well. I just got another call from the hospital and now I have to be trere at 8:20 and surgery at 9:50 AM.

God Bless

Dwayne

Dwayne...we are all with you. I know that going through surgery at a time like this is tougher than at any other time. Let us know when you are feeling better. I assume your friends will be there with and for you.

I just got a Dx of Pneumonia so am home for several days with drugs. We are all run down, aren't we. Our paths exhausted us.

Be peaceful. Hugs are on their way.

Mary

Dwayne, dear, you have all our support and our prayers ~ and the same for your surgeon! We'll be thinking of you on Monday and sending healing thoughts to you.

Mary, dear, please slow down, get lots of rest, drink plenty of water, and take good care of you.

You are treasured and valued members of our GH family, and we're pulling for both of you to get well soon.

Hi Dwayne,

Just a few months after Mark died I had two have my wisdom teeth removed. I was so stressed out that I elected to be put under anesthesia. I was so used to Mark's support and had never gone through anything without him by my side. I questioned if I would make it to the actual day. Needless to say it was much better than I expected. Last month I needed to have a hernia in my groin area repaired. It has been almost two years since Mark died and I handeled it emotionally 100% better. Everyone was shocked at how calm I was. Joking around ect... I finally told my family that after going through the pain of the last two years of missing Mark this was a cake walk. They were a little taken back by my bluntness. Plus I added, I'm not afraid to die anymore, I would be with Mark again and although the timing doesn't seem right, I would be okay with it. I have done everything alone for two years and there is very little that I can't face these days. I am a different person than I was just two months after his death. This last surgery was one of the times when I realized how far down the path I have come.

You have already had the worst thing happen to you,loosing your wife. I know this surgery will open many doors for you and allow you to begin to heal both emotionaly and physically. You more than anyone know that being a slave to illness is very hard. We will all be here sendng out our good vibes and prayers! Cheryl

Dwayne, good luck on the surgery. Will be thinking of you on Monday. As Cheryl said, the worst thing has already happened to you, you lost your wife. Praying for healing and peace for you

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Thank you everyone,

It occurred to after I wrote my post that the day of my surgery is the 5 month date from Pauline's passing, also I should just be getting done with the surgery at or around her time of death.

God works in many ways. This is my new beginning and yet I grieve so much for her.

Thank you all and God Bless, let him heal our broken hearts and comfort our souls

Dwayne

Best wishes Dwayne for a speedy recovery. I hope we see you online very soon.

It's amazing how similar our collective feelings are. I am totally bulletproof these days to past worries/fears. Turbulent flying - not a problem; alone in a big house - so what. I don't take unnecessary risks but I feel now that I really can get through anything.

If only it were that easy with emotionally-laden tasks. Looking at photos - a blubbering wreck; birthdays or anniversaries - so hard.

Dwayne:

I will be with you in thoughts and prayers, particularly on your surgery date of Monday. So glad you got it scheduled so you can finally get this behind you and began to heal and look forward to your nursing classes and career. What a speck of bright light knowing you have a plan. Pauline would be so proud of you. I only wish God would provide me with a purpose. Until then I will continue helping my friend with cancer and grooming dogs part time for something to do. I have met some remarkable people in the dog grooming business. Maybe that is what is suppose to happen for now.

Best of luck to you and I will check back with you after your surgery. I will be leaving tomorrow for my son's wedding. I had a couple days of crying and feeling sorry for myself, so I think I am cleansed and ready to celebrate his special day. :)

Thinking and praying for you.

Mary: Hoping and praying you are on to a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you also. Take care of yourself my friend.

Blessings

Becky

Thank you all very much for the wonderfull support I have gotten fron being with all you very kind people. You are all part of my life an family now, and will be for many years to come. This has been a God send to meet and talk with all of you anytime day or night. We are all In Gods hands and he will in time in his own way help each one of us.

God Bless

Dwayne

Becky and Marty, Thank you. I am taking care of myself and basically doing nothing. Very weak and breathing is work so I don't have a choice. This too shall pass. Mary

Dwayne,

Let us know how it goes today. You're in my prayers for Monday.

Kay

Dwayne,

You are surrounded by healing energy...in the form of those you love and those who love you. May you fly through this surgery and be on your way quickly. In the meantime, know that we are all with you. Be calm, breathe, and know healing will come to you. Peace and health, Mary

Mary,

Thank you so much, I do feel the love, and I do have people in my life that I love. I feel very strong now and in the right frame of mind to get this behind me.

I wish yoy better health to come your way very soon.

God Bless

Dwayne

Hi,

I got a call from the hospital, and surgery is set for 12:45 PM. I feel all the prayers and the positive thought you are all sending my way. I feel good and in very good spirits to get this behind me. I want to get on with my schooling although it scares me a little. I have not been in a classroom scene 1973. I am ready and I know I will do well and become a nurse so I can help as many people as I can. I just got a call from the hospital and I have to be there at 8:20 and surgery at 10:50 AM

Thank you all

God Bless

Dwayne

I know you are being prepped for surgery and just want you to know we are all thinking of you today. Mary

Friends,

I spoke to Dwayne on the phone a little while ago. The operation went well and he should be home later today. They took the catheter out this morning and he is hopeful they will not have to put t back in before he goes home. Sometimes the swelling requires continued use of the catheter for a few days.

His friend is picking him up about 2:30. If they will let him out earlier than that I will pick him up.

He says he feels very good today--and much stronger. He said he felt all the energy from our prayers and good wishes.

Peace,

Harry

Thank you, Harry, for your update. Pass on my good wishes and hopes that he can say good-bye to catheters. Mary

Thanks so much, Harry, for the update ~ It's good to know that the surgery is behind him, and it's better still to know that you are willing to "be there" for Dwayne on behalf of all of us. Blessings to you for that! :wub:

Hi Everyone.

Harry I do feel great. I am glad I waited until 2:30 to go home. At 2:00 I was getting dressed and felt a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen. I asked to speak to the nurse and when see seen me, she told me to get back to the room and they would ultra sound my bladder. I did and they did, I still had over 1000 CC of fluid in my bladder. So back goes in the Foley. She took out over 1200 CC and I stopped at the drug store I had to empty the leg bag again. After I got home I had to empty again. No blood clots so that is good. Now Friday AM I go to the DR to have it taken out. I am sure the plumbing will work fine then

Thank you all so very much, you have made me a strong person again. I just hope I give what I get here.

God Bless

Dwayne

So glad all went so well and the light IS in the tunnel. Good for you. YOU always give here..never fear about that.

Peace

Mary

Welcome home, Dwayne! So glad to know that this surgery is behind you. And let me assure you that we did not make you a strong person again. We may have given you some good strong shoulders to lean on from time to time, but the strength you've found has been right there inside of you all along.