Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Eyes - Mary's, Queen Mary's, Kay's And Anyone Else Here...

Thank you, Anne and thank you Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field) :wub:

Mary

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone had to do it. I almost did it....Sidney is my all time favorite actor.

Thank you, fae. I am very glad to read that you are surrendering to self care. Good for you!!!!

Mary

PS QMary, all this Amen stuff is for you. See, we ALL have your back.

Never had any doubt that you all had my back. Isn't it amazing how close you can feel to people you have never met, but shared many things with!! I think we have Sound of Music all worked out. Another good friend has agreed to come on board as Stage crew, so all I will have to do, is sit back stage with the schedule, and tell people what to do.......I am pretty good at that. lol

No stress at all getting ready for this second eye surgery. Told my daughter did not really think I needed her to stay that night even. She probably will anyway, but she is only across town, and I could get her pretty quickly if needed. Only part of this I dread is the drive to Mountain Home, however one of the nuns in Sound of Music is driving daily from Mountain Home for rehearsals, and she said the highway is clear now.

Going to get out today for first time since snow storm, and stock up a little on groceries.

I like Sidney Poitier also, thanks.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I'm so glad you'll get your surgery done tomorrow, I'll be praying for you! I have no doubt it will be as successful as your other one! I'm glad you're above freezing, we're still way below and I'm going to have to cancel my plans with my DIL tomorrow. :(

Hurray HRH! :D

Mary, Just a note to let you know I will be with you tomorrow as you head into surgery #2 and drive the roads to and fro. Do let us know how it all goes as time allows.

Peace and health

Mary

My son in law will be picking me up in a few hours, 2 to be exact, and we head to Mountain Home. I probably will not be on computer this evening, but will let you know tomorrow how everything went. I feel safe and protected with all the good thoughts from each of you. Great rehearsal for Sound of Music last night, sorry I am going to miss dress rehearsal, and probably opening night. I plan to try to be there Saturday however. The guys moving set did great last night, so that is one worry off my mind. Guess I won't be able to read tonight..........what in the world will I do!!! I always read. I guess it will be TV. Daughter is bring supper over, but I think I have her convenience she need not stay, we will see what she does. She is as stubborn as her Mother!

I will be feeling your peaceful and healing thoughts about 12:45 my time.

By the Way, got up at 4:30 to have a cup of coffee.....knew could not have anything past 5...sure was good, and sure could use another cup right now.

Mary (Queenmary) in Arkansas

Mary, as you climb onto that table...just picture this whole tribe standing around you. It helps. And plan to stop at a drive through for a tall coffee on the way home. We did that and also got Culver's chocolate custard to take home for later.

Glad SOM is going well. All will be well...all will be well.

Peace

Mary

We've all been rooting for you and our prayers are with you...looking forward to hearing from you! By now, hopefully you can have another cup of coffee! :)

Just a brief note, I have my computer on high view (200) so that I can see what I am typing. Everything went very well yesterday. Very quick again. We were back home in Harrison by 3. At 8:20 this morning I go for my post check at the Harrison clinic, and they will give me a pair of lender readers to use until they give me a prescription in a few weeks. Left eye still pretty blurry this morning, but if it goes like the right eye, by tomorrow should be much sharper. I have been using my kindle on the largest type, and on my phone texts I have been using a hand held magnifying glass. Managing so far. Daughter came this morning and fed dogs. Will check back later. Even at high view this is a little hard, so probably not be back on computer today. I definitely felt all your presence with me yesterday, along with Mike. They actually gave me less feel good juice this time, as I never got a floaty feeling. The man administering it said if I needed more just to tell him, but it was all fine. I was actually more aware of what they did this time, but talked less...lol.

Queen Mary, I am so very glad all went well and you are on your way to healing and freedom from surgery. Less feel good juice is good in terms of after effects. Now take care....of you and your eyes. I celebrate with you.

Peace,

Mary

HRH QMary,

Thank you for posting about the surgery and your healing eye. Congratulations! Off you go, back into life, to enjoy SOM and every day.

Wonderful news!

Have Fun!

*<twinkles>*

fae

I had to laugh at the "talk less" part, haha! :) Am glad it went well and you have your daughter's help part time. I wouldn't know how to make my computer's font look bigger, probably somewhere in control panel?

Everything still going well, the readers they send home with me worked fine, until I managed to lose a screw off one ear piece, and now only have one ear piece to hang over one ear. Probably go to Dollar General and pick up another reader today, I know the strength these are. Doctor was pleased yesterday at post op check up, and left eye seems to be progressing as right eye did a few weeks ago. I go back January 9th or 10th to see what prescription I will need for reading glasses. These readers are just a temporary aide. I was very careful at Sound of Music last night. The rest of stage crew watched me like a hawk, and would barely let me do anything..but I got to be part of the backstage excitement, and it was wonderful!

My friend Tom came up with an idea, on how I can feed my dogs myself....and it works great, tried it out this morning (see picture). I took a big poster from a previous play, rolled it up and used it as a funnel to pour kibble into bowls....now why did I not think of that !!!

post-13798-0-23618100-1387032508_thumb.j

So very glad to hear that all is going well with your 2nd surgery, Queeniemary.

It is good you have those who care about you watching over you when you are at SOM.

What a great idea about the funnel for dog food. I wrote that one down.

Do let us know how SOM went.

Anne

Mary, I am so glad all is well. And glad your SOM folks have your back. Brilliant idea on the poster and dog food. Take care now. Mary

I love the feeding dog trick! What a great idea! Lots of us can use that for various ailment/conditions!

• 1 month later...

Hi friends, thought I would open up this thread to give my final report on my eyes. I got to see the doctor yesterday (a week late due to icy roads). My vision is 20/25 right eye, and 20/30 left (he is not surprised with left eye, I have a stigmatism, and is the worst with glaucoma problems). He says I am actually fine to drive with the vision I have, it is legal, but I want road signs to be a little sharper, so my glasses will have a little help for long distance. NOW the wonderful, startling, amazing news.....eye pressure in right eye is 16 and left eye....drum roll...18!!! Lowest I can ever remember it being since I have been concerned over pressure in my eyes, years!! He told me yesterday that about 50% of the patients who have cataract surgery, and have glaucoma, have a reduction in pressure in their eyes. SOooo, 20/20 in eyes, or lower pressure in left eye....no question, I am delighted with the news. I go back in June for a glaucoma check, and if pressures are still this good, we may start reducing the drops I have to do every day!!! Just wanted to share my happy news, I could have put it on the positive thread, but I am running out of time. Oh, he did say that the implants are perfect, exactly where they are supposed to be, so I guess I did my part with the not bending down, etc.

My friend Tom and I are heading to Hot Springs about 10am to my brothers. We are going to races tomorrow, and then home Sunday. Real reason for trip (or excuse) is to pick up a table that my sis in law and brother are giving me. A nice rectangular table for my dining room, oak I think, with 4 nice chairs. My old table, I have had for 25 or 30 years, and got in a garage sale for $25.00. I am very excited. Will be back online sometime Sunday. Have a pleasant weekend everyone.