Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Eyes - Mary's, Queen Mary's, Kay's And Anyone Else Here...

Thinking of you today as you head off to your surgery tomorrow morning. Know that I am holding you in the light, sending prayers and thoughts for you. Do let us know how things are going this week.

Peace to your heart,

Mary

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Mary, I am looking forward to a day with my daughter and family today, it is game day for us. My son in law will be taking me in the morning to the Eye Clinic. Feeling pretty good about things, and I will post as soon as able after the cataract surgery. Your support and advice during this time has meant a lot to me, and I appreciate you, Bill's Mary, more than you know.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I am so glad that I have been helpful to you, and I am glad you will have a relaxing day with family. When I was in OR, I closed my eyes and imagined myself surrounded by everyone here, Bill, and others who are meaningful to me. It gave me something to focus on and comforted me and reassured me that I was not alone. I know you would like to have Mike drive you and keep you company and hold your hand tomorrow...and I do believe he is there with you today, tomorrow and for all time. I know it is not the way we want them there but it helps to know. In about less than 36 hours, you will be eating chocolate ice cream.

Peace to your heart, Mary

HRH,

You'll be in my prayers tomorrow! I want you home and eating choc. soon! :)

Thinking of you today, waiting for a report! Praying all goes more than well!

Friends, brief note, as I am not seeing very well. Surgery was a piece of cake. Everything went well, and no pain at all. I was never under, always awake, but floating a little. Dr. K was done before I hardly realized he had begun. Eye is feeling a little scratchy and wearing shield over it until tomorrow morning except for drops. I go back at 7:15 in morning. Daughter and her husband are staying here tonight and he is taking me in the morning. They will also be feeding the dogs for the next week, so that I am not tempted to bend down. Beginning tomorrow will only have to wear shield at night to keep me from accidentally rubbing eye in sleep. Saw double when took off gauze and shield for first drops, they told me to expect that....two of me is a little too much. Will report back after visit to dr. in morning. Thought of all of you around me when they were giving me the feel good stuff through IV, and Mike. No fear.

QMary, I am so glad it was so simple....and fast. Yes, I had to wear the blue and steel protector for a week or so also. Now you start the drops. Mine were 4 times a day to start and I had 3 or 4 of them so it is time consuming as you have to wait 15 minutes between each one. It is a career :) So glad you are half way there...let us know how it is when you see your doc in the morning.

Peace and rest now. Remember as simple as it seemed your body and mind are all involved...so rest.

Mary

So glad you came through it okay and all was as expected! Mary is so right, this is your career right now! Sounds like you'll be busy, and I'm glad you have kids there to help you.

Dr. was pleased with me. Next time I see him will be for my Dec. 9th left eye surgery. He said I am 20/50 today, which according to him is good as many are 20/60 on first day after surgery. As this day has passed, I have noticed decreased blurriness in right eye. He says it will gradually get better as swelling in cornea goes down, and the sight in right eye get sharper. Not even much scratchiness in eye today. Seems like a miracle to me. No pain, just little feeling of scratchy and a little watering last night, and everything going all right. Noticing can read some things on TV with right eye, but not with left eye...interesting. Anxious now to get other eye done. I know I will be wearing glasses for reading, but is nice to walk around house without glasses!!! I can actually do that today and not feel like I am going to fall over something. AND yes Mary, doing the drops is a career. I have it all programed into my phone, and it goes off every little bit!!!

QMary, I am so glad that you got a good report. I hope the scratchiness stays low level and yes, the drops are a career. I, too, set my phone alarm for them. Just when you get to one med, you have the next surgery and start over with some overlap. Yes, I could also read the TV with the surgical eye also that first night. Look at colors by closing one eye and then the other and see how the cataracts affected color. I had my walls painted right before surgery and they are not the color I chose...close enough but it was strange when I saw the difference.

Keep the drops going, don't bend over, and use every excuse and real reason possible to diddle time away. :)

Peace,
Mary

So glad to hear your report! I'm glad you're keeping up with the drops regime...I'm sure you'll be glad when that's no longer required. And no doctor until Dec. 9, that's great!

I am so happy that all is going well with you now that your surgery is behind you, Queenmary. Remember to follow all of your doctor's orders for a speedy recovery. I'm sure that it is be part of your healing to pet your corgis often. ^_^ Anne

HRHQMary,

So glad to hear the good news, and the great report on the already improving eye! Yes, follow the doctor's orders, yes, of course, and also, just rest and heal.

I am so very happy this has been a successful and relatively easy surgery for you. Brava! And again, for everyone who is showing us their courage and healing powers, thank you for sharing your journeys of the eyes with us here.

*<twinkles>*

fae

QMary,

So glad all went well with your surgery. I have been thinking about all you brave ladies taking care of your health. I need to go to the Opthamologist also. Have not been in several years & my distance vision is getting worse. I read with the strongest dollar store glasses available, but distance is another matter. At least I've not run over anyone yet.

Karen

:) Friends, just a brief report....this cataract surgery is just amazing. I can watch TV without my glasses which I have not been able to do since I was a little girl...and TV may not even have been invented then anyway. lol There is absolutely no discomfort, and only occasionally a little scratchy feeling. When that happens I use eye drops for dry eyes. The blurriness is either gone or very low level, as I do not notice it. I appreciate you all being there for me, I truly felt the love, along with Mike's. I do believe that is why I felt absolutely no fear or anxiety for the surgery. Mary's sharing to me of her surgery was a great help to help me feel calm and without fear. I am mostly walking around without my glasses, putting them on, only when I am on computer or going to read for a bit.....much gratitude to all of you from my heart. Time for drops, must go....my career you know.

Mary, so wonderful to hear! I can't imagine seeing without glasses, had them since I was a little girl. How exhilerating that must feel for you! Nothing holding you back now! :D

(sure tv was invented then...remember the black & white rolling picture with coneheads? LOL REMOTES may not have been invented then though...remember, we used to have to get up and hit the tv to get it to stop rolling...or fiddle with the knobs to get it just right?)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thought I would put eye news back on this thread. As many know my surgery on left eye was cancelled Monday due to bad weather and roads here in Northern Arkansas. The eye doctor's office called today and rescheduled for Thursday....only part not good is that I have to have it done in their Mountain Home clinic, an hour away, however the follow up the next morning can be done in Harrison clinic. My son in law will take me, but my appointment is for 12:45 to arrive, so I will still get cup of coffee if I get up early enough!! If I did not do the surgery on Thursday in Mountain Home, then it would be mid January, and did not want to wait that long. The right eye cataract surgery has been so successful that I am very anxious to get this other one done. The roads are getting better, we are above freezing right now, at 35, and the next few days are to be close to 40, so am not worried about the roads. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your support

Thank you for letting us know about your new surgery date, HRH Q Mary.

Thursday. Day after tomorrow, so we can all synch our prayers and good thoughts for you at around 1:00 PM Central Time, and send lots of loving thoughts and healing energy your way.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and safe travels.

I love your optimism and positive attitude! Blessings. You are on my prayer list.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Mary, I am so glad you are getting in for this surgery so quickly. I know it interferes with Sound of Music this weekend...at least to some degree. I am glad the roads have opened up. Please know I will hold you in my heart and in my thoughts as you go through this second surgery. Your success on eye #1 is I am sure a reassuring thing for you. Keep us informed and know we are all with you....I am taking the freedom to speak for all of us and I know that I speak truth. :wub: we ARE with you.

Mary

Thank you Mary, Fae, Marty and all, I do count on you all to be with me, truly. Not sure what will happen on Sound of Music. We are working the next two nights to get our scene change schedule worked out. They will have to do dress rehearsal without me, and probably all performances, we will see. I got the program finished over weekend, and did a little tweaking this week....the office is already getting them printed. We are selling seats like hotcakes!! Even if I cannot work backstage, I will see the production.

I appreciate all the good thoughts that I know you are all sending my way. I will keep you updated.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

All together now…hope you don’t mind Marty, I thought of this before I read your AMEN. We will be thinking about you Mary. God’s speed.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen