Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One of our songs

Tomorrow will be my sweet Mary's 52 birthday.  I used to bring her breakfast in bed on her day with a handmade card and I would sing this song from George Strait.  I would sing to her many songs through our years but this was one special to us both.  She loved my voice.  I had no shame in singing to her even though I have never liked my singing voice.  

http://youtu.be/A-Lo33Ep99I

She was my princess and she deserved nothing less than to be treated as such.  It breaks my heart that tomorrow is the first birthday I won't be making her breakfast in bed nor seeing her beautiful smile nor kissing her softly and singing to her.  :(  Maybe I will sing anyway... 

Butch

Butch,

I too, think you should sing. Mary will be listening.

George Strait was Ron's favorite. I have every one of his CD's and the "Pure Country" DVD that featured this song.

Our song was "You Needed Me" sung by Anne Murray back in the 70's. The words say it all and I cannot listen to it without crying.

I join you in wishing Mary a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Karen

Butch , you just did it to me..................big Waves and Tears. Angela  loved George Strait....." Our love is unconditional".  .Life  will never be the same, I accept that ,........but somethings make the memories so clear , and Music is one of them.....

Everyone is asleep.  I've sung softly to my bride in bed.  Hopefully she hears.  It's raining nonstop here and will be until Monday or Tuesday.   Going to go to church in a few hours at 7am to remember her and light a candle there.  The boys made cards in school for their Grammy and gave them to me.  They really miss her too.  

Butch,

I'm sure your Mary heard you.  And what a way for her to start her birthday!  Lighting a candle for her at church sounds beautiful also.

I know, Butch, I'm sorry.