Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I love you boundlessly

9 hours ago, Widowedbysuicide said:

I hope your beautiful bride knows what you feel.

Oh I think Mary knows! :)

• Upvote 5

Butch,

One  of my goals was to go thru all my albums.  I took a LOT of pictures.  The exercise was to show me all the good times we had.  I just can not do it.  it is so incredibly sad.  I have some pics around, but I do not know when I will  be able to look at all the trips we took and family gatherings.  Thanks for sharing the pic of your Mary.

Gin

• Upvote 5

Oh Gin it is hard.  Bittersweet is the perfect word Butch. But then!  How can we better appreciate the beauty of the person we love so dearly?  When we gaze at their face long enough to pass the sorrow, the joy starts to creep back in. You can't have the good memories without going through the dark side first and for a few brief minutes, we can smile at the picture. I've been practicing this for years now.  An interesting thing I have noticed is that when I look at family picture of my parents, especially my dad who died soon after Kathy, I don't have a hard time with sorrow before the good memories flow. I'm not sure why that is.

• Upvote 7

Bittersweet is the word.  Billy had a beard since the early 1970's.  I look at his sweet babyface before that beard, but I loved the beard.  I loved/love Billy.  It is the same for us all. I look forward to the day that seeing their pictures will not be bittersweet, but will be what they were/are, beautiful memories.  Sometimes the wound closes, but sometimes it is just ripped open again.  Peace Butch.  

• Upvote 3

I can't do it either, Gin.  Way too painful!

• Upvote 2

That's a beautiful picture!  It shows the love you shared.  It reminds me of George and my love...the moment we got married was one of the happiest moments of my life, the only thing that is close is when my kids were born.

• Upvote 3