Grief Healing Discussion Groups

To Our Dear Anne on Your Birthday

Very dear Anne, we're all sending our very best wishes for your special day, and hoping that it is filled with love and lots of CHOCOLATE. Have a glass of wine with us tonight, and as we offer a toast in your honor on your birthday, we know that your precious Jim is smiling down upon his dear and lovely lady too, each and every day! 2764.png<3 2764.png<3 2764.png<3

Image result for chocolate birthday cake gif

• Like 2

How nice of you to remember me on my special day.  It was a wonderful day.  Dinner with friends.  Tomorrow lunch with a few girlfriends and then I'll treat myself to a pedicure/manicure. 

Thank-You-So-Much.gif

Anne

• Like 2

Ahh, my dear Anne, I posted on your FB, but didn't see this here.  Indeed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I hope it was happy and filled with chocolate!

chocolate.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, Kay,

Thank you. I am so full of all the cake I've been sent.  I love these special days. We are so blessed to have this safe place to come and share our thoughts and pain.  Those who come here understand.  Nothing is or will be the same but we find ways to move through our now lives. :wub: 

Anne

• Like 1

Thanks, Gwen,

I think most of us know that special days are mostly not so special for those of us who have lost a significant other.  I now do for myself when these days come around. It is good to focus on being ‘worth it’ when I indulge in self-care. Those first years are so hard to see beyond our loss. Today it is somewhat better for me but it has been over five years since my Jim died.

I love all the sweets especially when there is chocolate involved!  Wine and chocolate go so good together.  Marty knows my weakness for chocolate but to be honest about it she is the leader in chocolate addiction!  That is how she finds the perfect cakes for us. 

Anne 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, enna said:

I now do for myself when these days come around. It is good to focus on being ‘worth it’ when I indulge in self-care. Those first years are so hard to see beyond our loss. Today it is somewhat better for m

I love this way of looking at it, Anne, I've had to learn to do the same.  That first "birthday without" was my hardest.  Now I think I'd eat chocolate for me and George's portion too!  :)

• Like 1