Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

Dee, thank you for your wishes,

Marg, don't get naked.  Not necessary for eyes!

I've had eyes operated on (not cataracts yet) and didn't even gown up.

May get to see my daughter in a week, haven't heard from my son.

Dee, your incredible energy!  I send $ too, that way no one is disappointed. Gave the grandkids a raise this year.

• Like 1

Kay:  As I'm sitting here resting my weary bones from a Christmas get-to-gether last night I came across a response from Marty regarding your awful dog attack from your neighbor's dog.  I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you. What a terrible thing to happen.  Please know you are in my good thoughts as you heal.  What kind of dog would be so aggressive?  I don't think you said Kodie was with you??  Warm hugs and somehow Have a Merry Christmas.  Dee 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Widow2015 said:

What kind of dog would be so aggressive?

German Shepherd, very mean. They saved him from being put to death, I don't think they should have (he attacked a child when with the former owners).  Will not go over again w/o calling first and checking their gate, and it'll be a long while before I brave that even.

No, have never taken Kodie over there, never will.

Marg, love this and want to return it!
image.png.923024be398729962aeeaf9bd4ff3ad6.png

• Like 3

My ex Son in law told me his girl friends car got stolen...Car was returned but with substantial damage>>>($20000)...Made police report etc then my Grand daughter came clean she borrowed the car....She is 14 years old....Talking about strssing a relationship...My granddaughter goes court(again) next week...These kids have no values these days or don't fear consequences...Will be an interesting new year...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

OMG, how horrible!  Take one day at a time and don't forget to breathe!

Family problems can really bring down the holidays.  We've fought my sister's cancer for 15-16 months now.  I bought her car.  Did not want to but she needed the money, after the wreck (woman ran stop sign) my car was totaled.  Either the chemo or family curse has affected her mind, and she keeps wanting to use the car.  I take her, nearly every day, and the social workers have advised her not to drive.  I feel guilty, would not have chosen a sedan, but again, she needed the money, we have to have a car (and I am her chauffer).  Her beautiful mind is affected, and she realizes it.  And I feel guilty.  Granddaughter has become a problem I cannot talk about, but if they allowed me to drink, I would keep Mogan David Blackberry handy.  I guess it is good they won't let me.  (I only used to like sweet wine.) 

peace1.jpg

• Like 3

Oh Marg, I'm so sorry, you are such a good person.  You have been a wonder grandmother and a wonderful sister as well as mom.  I hope this year is better for all of us.  My son and granddaughter went home last night.  It was an extremely busy visit, I did six loads of laundry yesterday, my son took apart their childhood beds with headboards and drawers and needed to get the parts down the 40' ramp to his truck, went out in the shop to see what he could use as I'm no help lifting esp. with dog bites and loss of strength...he found castors to a chair he'd brought like one of mine...he used it to make a dolly, ingenious!  Got everything loaded and tied down. 
Ceci and I walked Kodie and I brought an apple and showed her how to feed the horse down the street, I love that horse!  She's old, losing her hearing, eyesight, smell, but so gentle.  I did a lot of cooking and vacuuming on top of the laundry and dishes.  Should be unable to move today, but I have lots of energy, just not strength.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kayc said:

you are such a good person. 

I don't really feel that way.  I've just told everyone January (or most of it) is mine.  Got to get the eyes fixed or I cannot do anything.  

I've mentioned this many times before, probably, but an author said something we all know not to be true, his being terminal, he knew it, but it hits home.  

“Everybody has got to die, but I have always believed an exception would be made in my case.” William Saroyan.  

And in my case, we are our "brothers" keeper.  Especially when she has no one else.  Her little apartment has to be cleaned.  It has to pass inspection and I realize people who smoke cannot smell cigarette smoke anymore. She is not supposed to be smoking in her apartment.  I bought her cigarettes last two weeks and she goes through more than a pack a day. I have someone to clean her apartment, she has done it before and is very meticulous.  My sister "fired" her the last time because she "talked too much."  A very sweet woman, in her 50's who lost her husband at a younger age.  My sister didn't tell her she talked too much but does not want her again.  I finally just told her to find someone.  A place advertises for $19 and I'm sure that is per hour, but my sister won't be paying for it.  The manager likes her, and if she throws her out, I have no idea what I am going to do.  I do not have the money to rent her a place and no government homes will accept her.  And, she has a cat.  I just talked to her, and she took out six bags of trash, she is not worried.  Billy always told me if I didn't have something to worry about, I'd hunt until I found it.  I miss him.  The years are nothing but a holding pattern.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Margm said:

The years are nothing but a holding pattern.  

Marg:  Good choice of words!  My exact feelings.  Hugs to you as you wait for your surgery.  Dee

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kayc said:

I hope this year is better for all of us.

Kay, Thank you for your New Year wishes.  I, also wish a Healthy Happy New Year to All on the Grief Forum.   Hoping there will be no more accidents, health issues and dog bite issues in 2024 and beyond.  Dee

• Like 2

Marg I'm getting  work done and it began today....Had three different machines taking pictures of my eyes...I believe one more follow up set of tests then cataract surgery.....Next appointment I need a driver because pupils will be dilated when there finished...I hope to everything done by March......Still waiting for for the Arctic Cold to hit next 3-4 days....Happy New Year

• Like 2

Well Kevin, I will think of you going through the same thing then.  I'm the chauffeur so I have to have good eyes.  I've said this so many times.  My grandmother loved to read.  It kept her alive after my grandfather passed away.  I read probably at least seven books a month.  At least.  My grandmother did not know about such things as cataracts.  My "city" aunt took her to the eye doc and got her fixed up for at least another 20 years.  She had said "If I can't read, I would just as well be dead."  I know how she felt. Y'all keep warm up in that north country.  Thanks for the company.  Good luck with yours.  Your much younger than me, but I've needed it done for a long time.  I am totally a coward.   

• Like 2

I tried to leave a picture, I did leave a picture, it was too small to read.  I just wanted to WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR, better than the last.  

• Like 2

Marg, just make this surgery your New Years resolution as I'm going to do with wearing these blasted dentures. If I don't, I'll never go to a neurosurgeon about my eyes, which are getting worse and driving me batty. At least I can still see to read.

I wanted to share a book with you that I just finished and really enjoyed. It is "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah, about a family that moves unprepared to remote Alaska in the 70's. It is way more than just an adventure story. If you get a chance to read it, let me know.

Wishing a better and happier year for us all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KarenK said:

I wanted to share a book with you that I just finished and really enjoyed. It is "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah, about a family that moves unprepared to remote Alaska in the 70's. It is way more than just an adventure story. If you get a chance to read it, let me know.

You and I like pretty much the same kind of books, if I remember correctly.  I love reading about "north country" homesteading."  (I just ordered it for my Kindle).  Thanks.  It really gets good reviews.  

I've had many, many years to get used to my dentures.  The bottoms get aggravating sometimes, but I'm not going to break in any others, unless these breaks. 

Good reading to you.  At least we can travel with our imagination.   

• Like 1

Late getting in on this, thought for sure I checked yesterday.

Kevin, we're getting snow Friday on, looks we'll have plenty of it.  So much for El Nino having a warm year...
Will need cataract surgery pretty soon, no driver/caregiver, one day at a time...

• Sad 1

You live in one place all your life, you know how to prepare for it, even tornadoes.  Our weather is so iffy it is sweater morning, sleeves afternoon, sweater evening.  Y'all try to stay warm. You sure know it better than southern flatlanders.  

• Like 1

Your house is built better than my 46 year old mobile home to withstand that although we're going to get below 20.  Not looking forward to all the snow, esp. with these dog bites, not going to be fun to shovel, starts tonight.

• Sad 1

Our apartments were built in the 1970's, I think.  Lots of repairs needed, but it got best apartment house in yearly voting in local newspaper.  I do know if it breaks, they fix it.  It is plenty warm for me, but cold to my granddaughter whose thyroid system is out of whack even with medication.  Electric bill was over $80 from the last month's bill.  We do what we can, but like I told our maintenance man, if my light goes out, I'm not climbing one of my "Rubbermaid" ladders.  He says, "that is why I am here."  I think they closed our beautiful, assisted living apartments (I'm sure very expensive,) and the people had to find somewhere else to live. Something about needing many repairs, I think.  I feel very lucky I'm not leaving a country that was my home for another country that does not have room or the demands it takes for 10,000 people crossing in a day's time.  How terrible their country must have been to walk so far to a place that obviously maybe is a place of more danger.  We learn to be thankful for what we have and what we want is out somewhere we cannot go.  (I have what I want).  Except minus Billy.  Puts what we want into a different perspective.  I'm warm. 

• Like 1

We're getting over two feet of snow in the next five days...praying my roof doesn't collapse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kay, sure hope you can find someone to clear the roof. I know your handyman was badly injured recently. There are heating cables to melt roof snow, but probably too late for that now. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks!  Still have to have someone put them up there. Will see how it goes and pray there's time in between snows to melt, not in this ten day stretch but hopefully the next one.