Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Have You Ever Considered What Your Soulmate/Twin Flame is Thinking Once They Cross Over?

Have you ever thought about what your beloved one is going through on the other side of the veil?  I know there are the stereotypes of what they are seeing and feeling, but what is it really like for them - without you?  He/She has just arrived in the new place, full of love and positive things, like their other lost loved ones, but...but they are there without the one who is the most special to them, the other part of their soul.  You.  Have you ever considered that they could be just as upset as you are?  Have you?  They would want more than anything for you to be there with them.  They would want to share it with you, immediately.  Trouble is when they come back in spirit to you, they can't even get through. There's a grief block.  They try to come to you in a dream.  They try to talk to you.  There's a wall up.  When you take down the pictures of them, they can't even reach you that way.  Their love is deeper than all understanding.  Please think about this and about tearing down or dissolving the barriers.  There are several country songs that address some of this.  One of them is - Wish You Were Here.   Another is Holes in the Floor of Heaven

.  Another is I Believe - Diamond  Rio   There are a number of others.

Love them.  Love them.  That's what they want most.

Please consider thinking of this from their point of view.  They love you more than you can know.

• Like 4

See also Using Music to Help with Grief  ❤️

One of my favorites:

Lyrics: 

To Where You Are
Song by Josh Groban

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear
Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are my
Forever love
And you are watching over me
From up above.
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for a while
To know you're there
A breath away's not far to where you are.
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream?
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen
As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me
Everyday
Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me
From up above
And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on
And never leave
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for a while
To know you're there
A breath away's not far to where you are.
I know you're there
A breath away's not far to where you are
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Richard Marx / Linda Thompson
To Where You Are lyrics © Chrysalis Music, Chi-boy Music, Brandon Brody Music
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MartyT said:

Thank you.  This is wonderful.

• Like 2

I think about this all the time. I often think I'm too dense or too wracked with guilt for Annette to contact me- and it makes me very upset. 

All I can do is tell her I love her every day, stare at her pictures before going to sleep and hope that she understands me enough to know how hard this is on me. I never ever blame her for leaving. I know that she's not hanging around- she's in Heaven and I hope she's living her best afterlife. No one deserves it more than her. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nashreed said:

she's in Heaven and I hope she's living her best afterlife. No one deserves it more than her.

It's nice to hear you feel your Annette is in Heaven, I believe she is too. I know my Michael is in Heaven too, and living in the love of God.

It's been said that, "One needs to feel to heal." I often use music to help me tap into my emotions, feel them, and then release them. Feelings are like the weather, they come and go. And sometimes you have to stand in a downpour, and feel it all before the dark clouds pass.

I listen to this song when I need to connect to my feelings of loss and grief. The mood of the song helps me mourn.

• Like 3

Thank you, thank you so much for these wonderful meaningful  songs. Teary-eyed all the way through as I was listening and following lyrics. I am  going to try playing and singing  them on the piano, that's one of my daily routines for releasing my sorrow and heartache. Music really does help my sanity. I recently discovered another one, by Faith Hill: "You're still here", but unfortunately I haven't mastered how to post videos from YouTube yet. 

Edited by MartyT
Video added
  • Like 2

Chocolate, thank you for this thread/post, beautifully put, and I've never heard it quite from this angle before.  Thank you to all who posted music!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nashreed said:

I think about this all the time. I often think I'm too dense or too wracked with guilt for Annette to contact me- and it makes me very upset. 

All I can do is tell her I love her every day, stare at her pictures before going to sleep and hope that she understands me enough to know how hard this is on me. I never ever blame her for leaving. I know that she's not hanging around- she's in Heaven and I hope she's living her best afterlife. No one deserves it more than her. 

Just because she's enjoying heaven doesn't mean she's  not with you too.  Those in the afterlife can do both at the same time.  You need to learn to cherish yourself.  She cherishes you.  You're worth it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kayc said:

Chocolate, thank you for this thread/post, beautifully put, and I've never heard it quite from this angle before.  Thank you to all who posted music!

You're welcome. Thanks. Thank you, kayc.  I'm a writer by trade and avocation.  So I kind of take things apart and look at them from all kinds of angles and try to find my best course, especially when going through the swamp.

Boho-Soul and V.R. thank you for the lovely songs.  They sure do help.

• Like 2

I don't really listen to Country music all that much, and really don't like modern Country, but I stumbled upon a Country song by Carly Pearce called "Show Me Around" that's sweet and fits this thread (sorry, I don't really know how to do links on here either). 

The hardest part of living is knowing my soulmate is not on this earth with me. Even people who haven't met their soulmate yet have the chance to still meet them. I have no hope for a future when who I'm meant to be with is gone. 

Edited by MartyT
Video added
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nashreed said:

I don't really listen to Country music all that much, and really don't like modern Country, but I stumbled upon a Country song by Carly Pearce called "Show Me Around" that's sweet and fits this thread (sorry, I don't really know how to do links on here either). 

The hardest part of living is knowing my soulmate is not on this earth with me. Even people who haven't met their soulmate yet have the chance to still meet them. I have no hope for a future when who I'm meant to be with is gone. 

I don't listen to modern country either.  Some of it is just noise, like most rock is these days.  I like ballads with a melody and gentle rhythm. I put up a song I like on Pandora and either with the song or the artist, I create a station.  Last night I created a station from MartyT's song To Where You Are.  It brought in a whole bunch of songs that touched me deeply. 

I don't feel like I have a future either.  That's why I am working to deepen my connection with him.  If you think you can't do something. you can't.  Remember the story of The Little Engine That Could?  The engine made it over the mountain by saying to itself, I think I can.  And once it made it, it said I thought I could.  You can actually find it on YouTube.

• Like 2

Kieron, this a touching contribution.  Thank you.  I was thinking today that my husband is my home.  So to get back home I will join him when the highest way presents itself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nashreed said:

Oh, thank you, Marty. I appreciate you. 

• Like 1

James and Kieron: Thank you for sharing these!  

10 hours ago, V. R. said:

Wonderful and  beautifully sung. I'm watching this video staring at my husband's guitar in my lounge, trying to stop myself from breaking down. He would have loved this one, I'm sure. 

It is hard to see a guitar sitting there.  My husband's guitar is sitting in the den.  I moved it to the bedroom so it would be next to me at night, but that didn't work.  I put it back to where it was when he was alive. He had a boy ban when he was a kid. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 2:53 AM, Chocolate said:

Have you ever considered that they could be just as upset as you are?  Have you?  They would want more than anything for you to be there with them.  They would want to share it with you, immediately.  Trouble is when they come back in spirit to you, they can't even get through. There's a grief block.  They try to come to you in a dream.  They try to

Chocolate very good point...maybe it's why he did not say a word in my dreams ! I don't believe enough that there be a connection...thank you for let me know that!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Roxi said:

Chocolate very good point...maybe it's why he did not say a word in my dreams ! I don't believe enough that there be a connection...thank you for let me know that!

In my dreams he doesn't say a word too. Strange coincidence... 

• Like 3

It makes me so sad to think Annette might be trying to send messages that I can't get. I often think of what she could possibly send me within my very limited little world that would be meaningful. I have seen feathers (which are supposed to be a generic catch-all "sign") on occasion, and white or gray feathers aren't common because the main birds we have around here are little brown birds. The ultimate sign would be to see a Cardinal, our bird, but that's absolutely impossible in California. I did see an Uno card in the grass here, with a cut corner, which is odd. I can't imagine the Mexican neighbors around here are into Uno much, but I really don't know. It was our game, when she wasn't able to do much physically anymore. 

I wish I could dream of her, but lately in my dreams I seem to be trying to get with much younger girls with no relation to her (in my dreams I'm younger too- invariably they're "work" dreams from when I worked in retail in the 2000's). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roxi said:

Roxi, those who deeply love are always connected.  The only problem is our doubts.  We can overcome them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, scba said:

In my dreams he doesn't say a word too. Strange coincidence... 

Dreams come as they do.  I don't have any control over what comes in mine.  There is such a things as lucid dreaming, but I've rarely experienced it.  It's been a long time.

• Like 3