Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Three Years Ago Today

It's been three years ago...no one called me, no one mentioned his name, no one remembered...but I remember, I will always remember. I will always keep his memory alive in my heart. He was the love of my life, my soulmate, the greatest joy I'd ever known. George, I miss you, I'll always miss you.

(((Kay))) - My heart is with you today - I know that feeling - back in April it was three years since my joy in life left and I look forward to being with her again. We can know that one day we will be with them again. Remember George and smile - he is still the love of your life, your soulmate, your joy - he's in your heart forever.

FOR YOU AND GEORGE - http://www.spiritlyric.com/song.html

Walt, Thank you...you always find just the right song. You are special to me.

KayC

I'm so sorry. How long were you married to George. I am not a real estate agent I am the office manager/bookkeeper. It will be 4 months for me on July 4th. I will definitely not feel like celebrating that day. Dale was also the love of my life. He was 7 years older than me. When we got married I was 23 and he was 30. Back then they said he was robbing the cradle. My thoughts are with you. Jan

KayC,

Three years! It is an unbelievably long time to be without the one you love so much. You have always been just a step ahead of me in this process - as my Jack will be gone three years at the end of July. I see that you were the only one to remember the day. I notice that as time passes the remembering process seems almost exclusively assigned to me. Every one else has gone on with their lives, however ours have been so absolutely changed by the loss of the person who shared our intimate nest that we remember each and every significant moment in our lives together - including the moment of the loss of their physical presence.

For each day, month and year that I have been a member on this site you have been a wonderful comfort to me personally. I can't believe you're starting your forth year - I can't believe I'm about to do the same.

For me, I am glad I am here to be able to carry on Jack's memory. No one else knew him like I did. No one else misses him like I do. It's best I do the majority of remembering myself. You have, for three years now, remembered George - and you have done it so very well - like only you could do.

I wish you peace as you begin the forth year of carrying George's memory forward with you.

John - Dusky is my handle on here.

Love you Jack

KayC, I'm thinking of you today on this third anniversary. You were on this site when I came here and like Dusky, I will follow a few months after you and Walt a few months before. The measurement of time has changed with all of us who have lost our special loves. Three years ordinarily would seem like alot of time but it probably feels like yesterday. We are such a family here walking together thru this grief journey. I walk with you today and remember George, gone but not forgotten. Deborah

KayC,

As long as one person remembers someone who crossed over, that person's presence on this earth continues, though in a different way. You will always keep George alive in memory. And because you've been generous enough to share your and George's stories:

-- you've made his presence real to us here, and

-- through your journey of remembrance and faith, you continue to inspire the rest of us and help us find our way forward along this long, dark road.

Thank you for all the comfort and support you've given me since I first came here.

Kathy

Kay,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you pass another milestone in this journey called grief. Hold on to the knowledge that you will once again be reunited with your George one day.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

It's been three years ago...no one called me, no one mentioned his name, no one remembered...but I remember, I will always remember.

I'll always remember Linda, too. That's our job, Kay ... to bear witness to and remember a special life. It's not the other folk's job, at least not to the degree it's ours. They're going to mostly forget. We aren't.

We all want to be remembered when we're gone. That's what we're doing for our late partners. They needn't have worried about whether they would be forgotten, eh?

(())

--Bob

For Kay's George, Bob's Linda, John's Jack, Walt's Jeannie, Jan's Dale, Kathy's Bill, Corinne's Jimmy, Deborah's Larry, my David, and all our loved ones no longer physically here with us:

In the rising of the sun and in its going down,

We remember them;

In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,

We remember them;

In the opening of the buds and in the warmth of summer,

We remember them;

In the rustling of leaves and the beauty of autumn,

We remember them;

In the beginning of the year and when it ends,

We remember them;

When we are weary and in need of strength,

We remember them;

When we are lost and sick of heart,

We remember them;

When we have joys we yearn to share,

We remember them;

So long as we live, they too shall live,

For they are now a part of us, as

We remember them.

— From Gates of Prayer, Reform Judaism Prayer Book

Guest moparlicious

Marty,

That was awesome. LOVE, KIM

KayC,

thinking of you today and everyday. Today was 10 months since my amazing Dan left this earth. Praying for happiness, peace and wonderful things to come your way. You deserve it. Love you bunches, Kim :wub:

kay I'm so sorry that know one remember. i know how hard this is for me it is 17 months since bruce died and i still have a hard time believing that he is never coming back. if not for this site and loving people like you kay i'm not sure we would all be. kay you take care of yourself and know that george is up there looking down of you today and everyday. gail :wub:

Kay

im sorry that no one mentioned your loved ones name. It was only two months for me im so new at all of this. I guess im still in shock. The thing is though is that you remember and you still feel those feelings. may God bless you and you are in my prayers, im new here, but i can say if someone didnt mention kents name on the anniversary of his death i would be somewhat dissappointed, maybe hurt.

stay strong

blessings

kimb

June 11 marked 3 years that Gene left this life. No one called. I spent the first 3 hrs in the dark. Then I decided to do what Gene would have done. I got up and did volunteer work that I had begged off the day before. One person could tell something was not right and I fell apart for a little while. I honored Gene in my own way to make the day pass. It is so lonely without his smile, his voice, his arms around me. So I continue to walk the path as we all must do but I carry Gene in my heart.

Always Gene!

Always!

Hi Kay. Crazy, huh? Can't believe we've been on this website for so long.... November will be 4 years for me - and about the only people that "mention" it are his mom and his sister. As Bob said, I think WE are the ones that are supposed to remember. As YOU said, I will ALWAYS remember. He too was the absolute love of my life....and I miss him.

Much love to you and as always...Hugs to you!! I know George is glad that YOU remembered!! Look forward to the day when you will be reunited with him - it will be a GREAT day for the two of you!!!

Hugs.

Patti

KayC;

The fact that YOU remembered shows how much you are bonded together and how special your relationship was. No one else could have experienced that. It is only too common as we all see here what time zones other people are in. (Not to mention other weird zones).

It is amazing how time can be both long and short for the same exact time.

Stay strong and use the love from him within you to fill you and keep you pushing on.

Your concerned friend- DoubleJo

Thank you all for your loving responses, this continues to be the greatest forum family I have ever seen, the bonds between us all are incredible. I used to worry that it would bother some or they would think it weird that I continue on this site when I have remarried, but I no longer bother worrying about that...for me, this site has been my lifesaver and what has kept me going.

It's not so much for myself that I feel bad that no one mentioned George's name...I just remember his memorial service, how it was packed out, and now...where did they all go? He was such a caring loving person, the warmest heart I ever met, so where are all of the recipients of his love? My sorrow is for him, for I want him to be remembered as he deserves. Whether anyone else ever gives him his just due or not, I always will.

To each of you dear hearts that have replied, you mean more to me than I can possibly say, I love you.

KayC

Edited by kayc