Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dating

dpodesta

Let me start out by saying that this site has been a wonderful site to me and to the many others that are members of this family. There has been a lot going on the last few weeks and this is why I feel compelled to write this post tonight. As you know 2 of our members posted about dating each other, well unfortunately that didn't work out between them, however Wendy and I have been talking a lot to each other and have decided to persue a relationship together. While her and I met here on this site I hessitated in posting this because I don't want this site to be turned into a site for people to come and find dates, that is not what this site is for. This site is for people to come together and share their experiences with death and to have others here that understand and help them to get through this rough road that we are on. It is also here to be able to share as life gets better and we start to be able to move on.

I share this tonight to share the love that Wendy and I have for each other and to let you all know what is going on in our lives and also to make sure that as time goes on and we grow closer together that there isn't any confusion about what is going on as Wendy and I are so active on this site and I am sure that this will show in our posts from time to time.

Love always

Derek

Derek,

I have not posted in some time, however, I have been reading many of the posts and had to reply to the wonderful news I just read. As you and Wendy begin this wonderful new phase of your lives together I wish you great peace, love and happiness.

I cannot imagine that anyone will have anything other than a positive response to this news. You both deserve all the support of each person who has visited this site and found so much comfort. Now is the time to thank you both for all you have both done as members and wish you our best. It makes no difference where you find the new person to move forward with - what is important is that you move forward and I am so pleased that you have found each other to continue your lives.

What sweet - sweet news.

My best always,

John - Dusky is my handle on here.

Love you Jack

John,

Thank you so much for your comments. I have always respected everything you have had to say. You were the first one to post when I first came on this site over 2 years ago and helped through a very rough time in my life. I miss reading your posts and hope all is well with you.

Love always

Derek

John,

I want to thank you so much for your response, it means so much to me. I know this all seems so strange to everyone on what has happened but I want eveyone to know that Fred means the world to me, he is my closest friend and we helped each other get through a difficult time in our lives. He is the most wonderful person, so sweet and so caring and still yells at me to get out of the recliner and go to bed and to stop staying on the phone with Derek till all hours of the morning. Derek and I have known eachother now for almost a year now and have always had an attraction to eachother but just realized how so very much we are in love, how much we mean to eachother and want to spend the rest of our lives together. This is the real thing and we have vowed that we love eachother so much that nothing will stand in our way. This has fully restored my faith in God that I lost 19 months ago, I know now his plan was for Derek and Carson and I to become a family and so we will. It is possible to be so down that you think your life is over when you have lost a loved one, and then to suddenly realize that you are so in love with someone that you can not believe it is happening. Please know that this horrible hurt you all are feeling is not forever, you can and will move on. Derek and I always talk about Steve and Karen and know they are looking down on us in Heaven knowing how perfect we are for eachother, how much we are in love and how they will watch over us together always.

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Derek,

Its been a long time since I posted also though I peruse from time to time and I'll start this off by expressing my joy and excitement you and Wendy are together, Wendy is an amazing gal, and she has such a joy now. I always respected you and your openess of faith and you guys are just fitting for each other, as the Good book say, what God has put together; no man can put asunder, this has been an inspiration for me personally. I see a higher power at work here.

Blessings!

William

Derek, Wendy and Fred,

What has impressed me the most in a short amount of time is your capacity to reach out to others and to love. I am happy for all of you and wish you the best. You are truly inspiring.

Kath

This all took me quite by surprise as I thought Fred and Wendy were an item, I guess I must have missed something!

In reading Fred's wishes for Wendy and Derek, it just brings home to me all the more how special Fred is, what a great man and Fred, I wish you the most promising future...God has not forgotten you, He has something special in mind for you...He just hasn't revealed it yet. Hold onto that!

To Derek and Wendy, my most sincere congratulations! Life certainly has its surprises and this is one of them! I hope nothing but the very best for you as you begin your life together.

This is a special place, sometimes I feel like this is sacred ground!

One of the true tests of a good relationship is the affect that relationship has upon you...Wendy, you have already rediscovered your faith, that shows what a positive affect this relationship has brought to you already. Derek, you've had my regard for a very long time, it just goes to show how persevering can bring triumph. God has brought you through so much, and now He is blessing you with a bright new future.

I love you all!

KayC

Kay, how can we thank you enough for such a beautiful post ! No, God has certainly not forgotten Fred, and my relationship with Derek would not have happened if Fred and I hadn't become good friends. Fred and I were and still are very close and owe one another alot for getting eachother through such a hard time. Fred will find someone special, as special as he is and she better be good to him or she will have to answer to me !

I can't help not having my faith restored as Derek and I are a perfect match for one another and we have yet to find anything that we do not have in common or disagree on, well except he likes Johnny Cash and I don't...LOL Derek is a very special person and I will thank God everyday for the rest of my life for bringing him to me. Thanks again...

William, you and I also have had such a special friendship and I was more than thrilled when you and Denise started dating..she is one lucky lady. Thank you so much for your post...it means the world to me.

Kath, I am so glad this is inspiring to you...that was our thinking, to give everyone hope and to know life will go on and so will you.

Love Always,

Guest moparlicious

Wendy and Derek,

I am so happy to hear the news. Wendy you are one of my dearest friends here, you have helped me through so much this past year.I love you dearly!!!!!Derek,

You are so wonderful too and a blessing to this site, you have been a dear friend to me as well. I love you both very much and you both are a inspiration, you give many of us hope. O.k. O.k So tell me Derek are you ready to experience how great Jersey is or Wendy you going to get on your cowgirl hat and venture over to Texas?,you will be closer to me for a bit then I am off to N.C. I have found someone, he lived here and we were dating and he moved to N.C. we still talk all the time and realize how much we miss each other, I am glad to have him in my life, his name is Scott, and the best part is, he knows all about Dan and always listens, this long distance is hard but I have been scared and felt guilt to Dan, but I am ready to let my wall down and see where life shall take me.We may just be best friends, one day at a time at a very slow pace. Congrats to you both I know you both will be happy because you both are 2 of the finest people I have ever known, I thank you both very much for always being here for me and you know what? you both seem to know when I need you the most!!!!!! Thank you .

Love you guys, Kim

I would love to respond to each and everyone of you personnally however time is short. All of you have meant so much to me and have been here when I needed a pick me up. You are all like family to me and I can't even begin to share how it makes me feel to be able to share my happiness with you all. We come to this site during our darkest hours with little to no hope of ever living life again. No hope of every being able to love someone again. I can tell you now that I have experienced it that it is possible to love someone deeply again. The love I feel for Wendy I thought would never be possible. Again I want to thank you all for everything and I look forward to still hearing from you and being able to help each other as time goes on. Never give up hope, with God all things are possible.

Love always

Derek

I just have one question for both of you, if you don't mind my asking...I think you said you both have children. How do they feel about your relationship? Mine have tried to make me promise I would never date another man. Of course, I understand their thinking and I hope as they mature, they'll see how unfair that expectation is. Just curious, I am in no way ready to pursue anything although I seem to be detecting some interest. (It just scares the snap out of me!)

Edited by kath

Wendy, How God in his infinite wisdom uses each other as examples of hope and inspiring each other, you have done so much for me and given me such hope in the opposite sex that Women are some of us men that that cannot do without!

Derek, I don't know if I spoken to you at length at times, but I regard you very highly, your openness to attest your faith, and prayers for those in need. I myself; during the darkest hours of my life without hope, see a ray of sunshine for each of us finding happiness in one another and someone exclusively for you. what a a joy I feel for you and Wendy, shes a remarkable woman! I have been blessed with Denise, AND blessed to see two people that found each other in this journey, who would've thought?? :ph34r:

Kim, you are just too sweet ! Thank you so much for being happy for us, you are such a good friend. As far as where we will be living we have not figured that out yet, we are just concentrating on us for right now. We will eventually figure that part out but neither is too concerned as our love is too strong to let that be a major hurdle. But I will tell you the airlines are going to make some good money off of us for awhile ! LOL I am so happy to hear also that you have started a relationship...I wish you all the best !This is just like Derek said, we don't want people thinking that these posts are for making this seem like it is a dating site...that is so not true. But we just want people to see that you can go on eventually even though at the moment you feel like there is no end to your misery. If anyone reads back on some of our old posts they will see how far we have come. We have also come to know all of you like family and want to share our happiness.

Kath, as far as the children well my two daughters are older, one is married and one is engaged so that is not a problem. Derek's son Carson does not know yet but will in time....he is 9 years old and we will make sure that however it is approached it is what is best for him as he is our #1 concern. Derek however does not feel it will be a problem at all and he will accept me very well. Thanks again to all of you !

Love Always,

Hey Wendy, practice with me now, I want to hear you say "Howdy" and "Y'All!" :D Too bad they don't have a smile with a big ole Texan hat! Come on, I think you'd make a great cowgirl!

Kidding aside, I wish you'all the best!

Love,

KayC

Howdy Kay ! You are too funny ! Actually I grew up with horses so the country is in my blood...rode my first horse at the age of five. People tend to think of Jersey as like what they see in the movies like in the Soprano's but Jersey is primarily farm land and we are mostly known for our Jersey Corn and Jersey tomatoes. I also lived in Kentucky and Nashville for a bit for a student exchange program back in school. So you see I am already a cowgirl y'all. LOL Thanks for your good wishes, you are such a good friend !

Love You,

Oh Mike I can't believe you found a song about a Jersey girl and a cowboy...and the funny thing is that it is called Walk through the Bottomland without any shoes...and Derek and I hate to wear shoes ! LOL That was great...thanks !

Jeanne we have not decided yet who is moving where, we will soon though.

Love Always,

Wendy,

My best friend is from TX, she grew up on a farm, had horses. When her and her husband moved here for his health, they bought a house, and she missed her horses. They found out the house had mold and couldn't be lived in or sold and they didn't have money for a new one. God gave her the desires of her heart...a well to do lovely couple offered her and her husband the use of their "cottage" on their property in exchange for her looking after her horses and garden when they were away. They moved into the most beautiful cabin with open beam ceilings, and they have a spectacular view with deer coming up to the deck. AND she gets to ride the horses whenever she wants! Now that her husband has passed away, it has been a real blessing, not only is this place free of charge, they pay her telephone, cable, internet, etc. All she has to pay for is heating. Isn't God amazing! So what they originally thought was a bad thing, turned out to be a blessing.

Just thought I'd share that story, it still uplifts me!

KayC

KayC,

Beautiful story how The good Lord looks after his little ones :)

Wendy, are you thinking of relocating? any solid ideas? I'd imagine no snow right? :wub:

Wendy and Derek,

As you already know I am soooo happy for both of you. You do give the rest of us hope that we can again find love and happiness. I wish both of you a long life together filled with love and happiness.

Kath,

I also have children. My 9 year old has asked me not to find someone and my 8 year old has not really said anything about it. I am just trusting that when or if I find someone that I will be able to help them understand that this person will not replace their Daddy.

William,

I am sooo happy for you that you have found someone. You too deserve to be happy. I wish you and Denise all the best.

Love, :wub:

Corinne

Guest moparlicious

Wendy,

Just wanted to say yee ha, LOL. No really Congrats. I know Jersey is not all like the Sopranos, LOL. If I hear you rooting for Dallas now, you are off my Christmas list and I know who the naughty one is, LOL. Love, Kim :wub:

Corinne you have been such a dear friend to me since the beginning and I thank you for your blessing. You and a few others here know me more personally and know how seriously I take relationships and how so very much I am in love with Derek, do I talk about anything else lately? LOL I had this same type of relationship with Steve lasting from when I was 15 till not quite 2 years ago...when I love this seriously it is forever. Derek and I know we were brought together for a reason and this is just the beginning of a beautiful lifetime together for he and I and our children.

Love Always,