Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Pets- Consolers (Four Legged, Two Legged, Fur, Finned)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found this on FB, it's a must see!

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WWDPLWNX

Jan, I hope they'll give you reports on how he's doing, how long do you have to leave him?

Sending wishes that ALL of our 'family' pets are doing ok tonight. Thanks for the link, Kay. Benji needs another haircut - I try to stretch it to six or seven weeks but he starts to look like my little tazmanian devil again - actually I like it because he is sooo cute.

Anne, he is indeed very very cute! Glad you mentioned about Bentley, will hve to check him out on FB.

Arlie still limping a bit, not badly am keeping an eye on him, don't see anything wrong with his paws, perhaps he came down on it wrong when he jumped out of the truck, who knows. Still wondering if it could be Arthritis.

Definitely a good report, Jan!

Just picked Kelbi up from kennels. I asked how she had been and they said they had to take her to the vets on Saturday because the diarrohea continued. She has been given special food and tablets and seems absolutely fine. Am glad it's such a good kennels and they didn't let me know but just sorted it. I know if there had been need for concern they would have phoned me but I'm so glad they didn't as I was on holiday and couldn't have done much.

Jan, I am so glad that Kelbi is doing so well and that the kennel took charge and acted.

Peace

Mary

How rare to have a kennel just handle things, that is great! I love it when people use their good judgment, and I'm so glad Kelbi is doing better!

Arlie's limp is finally abating, I think he must have turned his paw jumping down from the truck, seems fine now.

Yes I thought it was well handled. She has been going there since a puppy and is seven now so they know her well. They are also well aware of my situation as when Pete was in hospital she had to stay a while and when he died they also looked after her for quite a while. It's good to be able to trust them with our dear pets.

So glad all of our fur families are doing well. It is really cold here today, got down to about 19 last night, and is only 22 now at 8am. My girls are sacked out, with no interest in going out!!! Lazy little girls. I, on the other hand, am going to clean out a closet when I get off this computer........going to try anyway. Trying to get a lot done before eye surgery on Monday. Going to another Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre on Sat. night with friend Tom, and my daughter and her husband. Usually fun.

First picture is my lazy girls today, second picture is Twelve Oaks Estate, which belongs to a dear friend, where the murder mystery will be held. This is also where they fixed my birthday dinner last Saturday night. A lovely place.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

post-13798-0-54008000-1384351321_thumb.j

post-13798-0-76531100-1384351353_thumb.j

Those furbabies are so cute and with twin beds yet! :wub:

I hope you schedule some time for nothing but rest on Sunday before your eye surgery!

Oh, Kay, I plan to take it easy on Sunday. I did actually get the closet cleaned out, two big boxes for "Share and Care" and got one of the "paper" boxes full of old stuff sorted out ready for my filing cabinet....wow, I am impressed by me! If you all only knew how lazy I am and how I hate to do this sort of stuff. lol

The "twin" beds are their bed pillows for the living room floor. They sleep in a big crate in my bedroom, with a big bed in it for the two of them. You might say they are a little (?) bit spoiled.

Going to try for another box or two of the old stuff, we will see how far I get.

Yes, I agree. That dogfoodadvisor.com site is excellent. Came highly recommended from a dog expert friend.

Mary

HRH QMary, No more spoiled than my Arlie, I'm sure. He had his own recliner by the window! My animals are very much a part of my family/household.

I'll have to take a look at the food advisor, although I check those things out quite often and am happy with the dogfood I buy.

I took a look at the food advisor, if I were in the market for a different dog food, it would be a great tool. I have had my dogs on the same food for 10 years, Nutro Natural Choice, Lamb and Whole brown rice formula, and they are great on it. Their coats shine, their poop is firm, and my vet is always very pleased with them. The only thing I have had to do is change them to the "lite" version of their food, as they were at the top end of their weight (Sassy a little over) last year, but they are looking great now, you can actually see their little waists. They get 2/3 cup morning and evening, with a treat at bedtime. I buy big bags of their food, delivered by Petflow, no shipping or handling, and delivered to my door. Same price as in the feed store, but without tax, and I don't have to carry from car, etc.

Love that Arlie has his own recliner Kay, that is priceless!!

I think it's important to find what works for your dog. I tried Arlie on Wellness and it gave him diarrhea. The rescue place I adopted him from had him on Science Diet, I didn't think that was very good either. My neighbor feeds his dogs Gravy Train, I think it's garbage. The Huskies have sensitive systems and my son and I tried different products before landing on what works well for our dogs, and that is the Kirkland Nature's Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato. They only got 3.5 star because of something minor, but it works for them. (Skye required gluten free, which cut out a lot of choices.)

ugh - gravy train, alpo and some of the others they sell at grocery stores/etc are terrible. I have mine on IAMS and while it's not top end, it's respectable enough for me. Plus my dog's done fine on it for years, so why fix something that isn't broke? I toyed with the idea because he's licking/nipping at his paws a lot, but vet says it's probably allergies.....

Allergies can be from food...I've suffered food allergies most of my life, well acquainted with that...I happen to be allergic to fish, one of the healthiest things there is!...but not for me. :(

I agree, the ones in the groc. storees are terrible, too much filler!