Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New Widow and I can't seem to want to live on

My dear Margaret and Kay!

Reading your comments how you treat your children reminds me how little or none I´m loved by my own mother who doesn´t take care of me...either...anymore!You´re so great mothers that I feel such a pang seeing what I miss so far.Everything you both have done for your children I would appreciate very much if I had it too,because that´s what family is for.My mother took everything from me to give it to my grasping brother.She even took care of his 2 weddings,our flat belongs to him and I have nothing that is mine now.They forgot myself in full!Which mother is able to do it?Such a shame!It hurts still.

Love you both!

Janka

Janka, cannot imagine not being part of my children's lives.  We have different cultures here in the USA also.  I don't know why people do things.  Most of the time, I don't know why I do things.  I cannot remember putting the garage door up this morning even, but I had to have put it up.  Billy apologized to Scott before Billy left us because we did too much for our children and never allowed them to do things for themselves.  Maybe because his folks and my folks would never have helped us.  But, we did our kids wrong.  We never allowed them to grow up.  Your mom might be doing you wrong, but she made you independent.  My mom made me independent of her and my dad, same with Biilly's folks.  So, who is to say that we have done our grown children wrong.  I do wish you could be close to your mom though.  There has to be a happy medium.  I remember in my mom's family there was one boy and six girls.  That one boy got everything.  Some cultures do that.  

38 minutes ago, Marg M said:

Janka, cannot imagine not being part of my children's lives.  We have different cultures here in the USA also.  I don't know why people do things.  Most of the time, I don't know why I do things.  I cannot remember putting the garage door up this morning even, but I had to have put it up.  Billy apologized to Scott before Billy left us because we did too much for our children and never allowed them to do things for themselves.  Maybe because his folks and my folks would never have helped us.  But, we did our kids wrong.  We never allowed them to grow up.  Your mom might be doing you wrong, but she made you independent.  My mom made me independent of her and my dad, same with Biilly's folks.  So, who is to say that we have done our grown children wrong.  I do wish you could be close to your mom though.  There has to be a happy medium.  I remember in my mom's family there was one boy and six girls.  That one boy got everything.  Some cultures do that.  

Dearest Margaret,

I do understand but this is not about the cultures,this is about the cupidity.There is no happy medium between me and her.I did my best to do everything right and she made me homeless then.Only thing I can do is to pray for her.I fully depend on my best friend´s help after my beloved man Jan died.My best friend gave me his flat for rent and helps me when I have my existential problems,also medical issues and broken heart after my beloved man Jan died.I have nothing,just my belief in God,the best friend of mine and you all here in the forum.That´s it!I even have no possibility to get a flat,a house or a car to be my own.I have nothing that is mine after my beloved man Jan died,because his family is grasping as well as mine.I have no independence anymore.Everything is gone...just crying all over again...I just want to be with my beloved Jan!

With love Janka

Sad.gif

Kristine, consider yourself hugged!

Thanks all of you for the feedback about the counselor.  No, I will not go to her.  She was listed under grief counseling.  It's difficult when you are feeling so fragile.  You tend to start believing some of these things that people say.  Thank goodness for this site.  It really helps to get perspective.  

• Upvote 1

I did talk to the director about the woman I was working with.  She said she was trying to change her back to working in the office.  Meanwhile, she has switched me to a 4-year-old class that is so much better.  The kids are great and the teachers are real human beings.  I work 3 hours in the morning 3 days a week.  It's a good start.  

• Upvote 1

Janice,

I'm so glad to hear it, 4 year olds ARE great!  I love kids and animals, they put life in perspective.  And I'm glad they're putting the other lady back in an office, good!

• Upvote 1