Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Nothing working!

We have some cold here today........-10F early this morning, warming up a bit ...Looking at the weather network it says +6.....Either somebody is still on Holidays or I am in the middle of a very cold weather cell.......Crystal blue and cold..........thermometer is Celsius on the left ,Faranheit on the right.......but notice,mercury near the bottom.......haha

DSCF0690.JPG

• Upvote 1

Thank you Brad.  I will do this.  I made AT&T promise to always keep me a flip phone.  I have the congenital tremor and even with a stylus, I cannot text or do things on an I-phone.  I have a 10 inch Kindle, so they make things for crazy people like me to use, of course it would be tough using it for an I-phone.  I read everything.  I even made it through Teddy Roosevelt's big book.  I made it through Martha Washington's book, but honestly did not like that woman. :(  Thank you for the information about Marty's book.  I love that woman.  Anyone that has to put up with us, as a whole, must be saint material.  No offense meant.  

• Upvote 3

The weather predictions haven't hit it right for us all year!  It's way colder, snowier, stormier than any of their predictions!

Way too cold here in Seattle.  I used to be able to get warm at night, but nothing is working this year except when I am in bed under the electric blanket.  All my old tricks are not working.  I think it is the damp being so close to the water in combo.  I was used to dry cold growing up in New Mexico.  This drives me crazy.  Or is that crazier? :rolleyes:

Beautiful day here - the calm before the storm - next five days frozen mix and snow.  You would never know it today.  Went for a pleasant five mile stroll accompanied by a skien of geese!  Love those birds.

IMG_1756.jpg

Ever been attacked by a gaggle of them?  We were plagued for years by them here and they were not shy about wanting food and letting you know that by pecking and biting at you.  Those suckers are big on the ground too!  I like them better in the sky.  Ducks get pushy, but they are pip squeaks.  :-)

• Upvote 1

When I used to do prison ministry, there is a prison here in Salem, Oregon State Penitentiary, and there are tons of wild geese on the lawns and parking lot, they live there.  They are used to people coming and going and don't seem particularly spooked.  I'm not sure what they feed upon.

We have Canadians on our in town park lakes. Some idiot(City Council, I think) passed a law to not feed them as it creates "poop" on the sidewalk. Guess what? There's still poop on the sidewalk. Then it was decided to relocate them. The geese decided otherwise and flew back.  LOL

Gotta love "man".

While Brad gets his slush and snow, we're expecting a week of rain. I believe the forecast when the first drop hits. Nevertheless, I chopped down the weeds and dead grass yesterday. Rain causes giant, nasty weeds here.

• Upvote 2

Karen, it reminds me of the guy who complained about the deer crossing sign in front of his house, said he didn't want deer crossing there! :)  Animals (beast or fowl) are going to do what they're going to do!

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Beautiful day here - the calm before the storm - next five days frozen mix and snow.  You would never know it today.  Went for a pleasant five mile stroll accompanied by a skien of geese!  Love those birds.

IMG_1756.jpg

Beautiful company,Brad!I also had a company,as every day of my life,of my lovely little plushy grey rat with long white hair,the same as in my profile is,such a cute darling of me and my beloved Jan. :)

There are two "families" that bring the chicks out parading in our park every summer.......there are a couple of "uncles/aunts?" that hang out downstream to make sure they don't loose any young ones......if anyone or a pet gets too close to the chicks...the Wings come out and they are fearless and loud.....and yes, Goose Crap in abundance.......https://www.google.ca/#q=gorilla+and+goose+video

• Upvote 1

Weatherman got this one right.  Used to love these days...school is cancelled; Deedo and I enjoy a leisurely second cup of coffee before heading out to our favorite breakfast spot.  Now it puts me in a funk and serves as yet another trigger for my grief.  I still appreciate the beauty, just can't find joy in it yet.

IMG_1764.jpg

Kayc:  I feel for you.  I also have had so many things go awry, and it's really hard on the heels of having lost your loved one.  Hope things work out for you.  My user name used to be Janice, but something wasn't working on the site so I had to change it to Cookie, in case you're wondering who this is.  

Just wanted to say to all that I had to change my user name from Janice to Cookie because of a glitz on the site for me.  I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to continue and I get much comfort from talking to you all.  Cookie (Janice)

• Upvote 1

i'm sorry Brad.  I live in the most beautiful place we have ever been in.  I sometimes wonder if we will ever see beauty again any where we go.  A home is not a home with the main person missing.  I can see beauty through my granddaughter's eyes, but it is not the same and I guess it never will be. I could live in a tent with Billy, and it would have been home.  You live in a beautiful place, but I know you feel empty. I feel your pain, but I know that does not help you.

• Upvote 1

Well, I gotta go shovel some more of this beauty again.......on the bright side, the hills and mountains are gaining a valuable snowpack. With this west coast drought  thing we had last summer, this will add to existing water table. Give us the water, and everything we share with each other ,will continue to give us some pleasure......have a good day

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Just wanted to say to all that I had to change my user name from Janice to Cookie because of a glitz on the site for me.  I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to continue and I get much comfort from talking to you all.  Cookie (Janice)

Welcome "back", Janice.......good to see you!  I remember your postings, and you!

• Upvote 1

Janice (Cookie), sorry you ran into a gliche, but glad you found your way back.  

Kevin & Brad The beauty of where you live takes my breath away.  I hope it doesn't mean too much shoveling though!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WolfsKat said:
THIS is the horrible winter weather I have to contend with.......I know you all feel my pain!  :D

Geez, Kat....how do you do it?  Brilliant sunshine and warmth?  But, we all have our own crosses to bear.  It just seems yours being so heavy is unfair.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Kayc -

Nice thing about Arizona snow is it rarely hangs around for long.  I only shovel where the porch roof blocks the sun.  We're getting just enough to decorate the landscape.

Kat- Looking at you temps...it must get rather boring; not unlike the Valley just Chamber of Commerce weather day after day. ^_^

I dunno, Brad.  I think about the summers here and not having to dodge rain, shiver, layer up, deal with ice on the roads, it being dark by 4pm and living with heating devices at night and say......yup, that is so much easier and pleasant.  The bad thing is it forces people inside so I never see the neighbors much.  Oh, and wet dogs!  They love being towered down do they want to keep going in and out all the time.  

Can you tell I am a winter wimp?  :rolleyes:

Constant sunshine is boring so I am enjoying the rain we are getting this week.

Yes, Brad, they got it right for once. Our little cabin in Munds Park would sometimes get 4 to 6 feet in the winter. Enough to cave in roofs on some of the more expensive newer homes. Ours stood well for over 40 years. Only lost 1 metal storage shed in all that time. Rebuilt with a sturdy wooden one. No heat in the cabin except for fireplace and space heaters. Fine for a few days, but way too expensive to run in winter. If I had been able to move there, I would have put in propane. Damn, I hated losing that place.

• Upvote 1