Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Nothing working!

Electricity keeps going out, internet keeps going out (modem quit working, can't get fixed until Saturday), haven't heard from ins. co. on roof that was destroyed, been shoveling snow all day...so if no one hears from me the next few days, there's a reason why. :(

Sounds like we have the same power company.  We lose power if a cloud passes in front of the sun.  Thanks heavens for fireboxes and lots of wood and a backup generator for long outages.  Kayc we could really use some of your snow, today it's mostly gray, drizzly rain, not unlike the Northwest on a "sunny" day.;)

Hope the sun pops out for you soon.

Kay, my dear, I don't know if or when you can read this, but please know that we are holding you in our hearts and wishing for you a peaceful, blessed Christmas. I hope you are safe and warm and snuggling with your animal companions, and most of all, I hope you know how very much you are loved by all of us 

• Upvote 2

Just got home from taking my neighbor to Cottage Grove again, it's about a 3 hour round trip but I stopped at the church and paid bills so I wouldn't have to Monday...will be shoveling more snow tomorrow, next week, etc.  Left my car in town so I wouldn't have to drive in the dark, my neighbor brought me home, he's happy to have his truck back, $4300.00 later!

Came home, electricity had been out, went out again.  Good grief!

Brad, you can HAVE my snow!  I have plenty more coming tonight! :)

Marty, my internet is on for the moment but keeps going out, the modem needs replaced the guy said.  What a week!

Dear Kay, I hope snow will stop where you live and that internet will be back soon. I wish you a serene Xmas, stay safe and warm. Thank you for your compassionate heart and for helping us who are new in this journey.

• Upvote 1

Kayc, I got your heavy wet snow this morning, thank you, but have opted not to shovel it. An advantage to Arizona snow is you know the temperature will soon warm to 45 to 50 degrees F. doing your shoveling for you. Hope you are warm with plenty of power. Have a good couple of days. 

Power came back on but since I've had three such days this week (separate events) I'm hoping it STAYS on.  At least I have a wood stove.  And I shoveled again today and now it's snowing again! :(  Ugh, I hope it doesn't bring a lot tonight.

Also, I discovered huge branches on my roof from trees laden with snow, blocking the internet satellite dish, so I called an arborist out to cut the offending branches today.  The provider thought it was the modem and plan to send someone out Saturday...I'll keep an eye on it until Saturday morning and call them off if all continues well.

On ‎24‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 3:14 AM, kayc said:

Brad, you can HAVE my snow!  I have plenty more coming tonight! :)

Dear KayC,

I long for a snow for weeks.Since global warming we have no snow until January comes.Every day is almost +10°C,no snow,just up in the mountains.Please,send it here,too. :)

Snowflake.gif Snowflake.gif Snowflake.gif

Sure, NOW you want it, now that I have it all shoveled! :D

• Upvote 2

73 at your house, and I'm jealous!  It was 16 here this morning, it got up to a whopping 31!  The snow is starting here again tomorrow and I've put in a request that it go directly to Brad's. :)

Christmas Eve, 80, Christmas, 70, Today 60. Unseasonably warm not because of global warming but the La Ninya(sp) weather cycle.Enjoy your snow.   

LaNino? is supposed effect us in the West.......warm Pacific water around the equator. Warmer than normal and wetter than normal. We have this Arctic high setting up for New Years and expect -10 for the cold day.........Until now, weather has been about average....ps still keep my shovel inside the front door.....take care

Edited by kevin
spelling

Dallas area hit with tornadoes, eastern Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi hit with tornadoes.  Panhandle area of Texas to have record cold.  In central Arkansas, the dry stream bed at the foot of our high hill is a raging torrent with waterfalls.  No letup in sight.  The sky is gray, rain, gloom, matches my mood.  It is 53 outside right now, so the cool has returned.  I hope it does not go much lower.  I no longer skate like Dorothy Hamill. (I don't do ice.)  I doubt Dorothy skates like her old self.  I am ready to leave Dogpatch and go back to flatlander living.

I used to skate too (roller, not ice), my daughter did competition.  We are having drastic weather in the US!  I pray everyone keep safe.  I need to go walk the dog, have been procrastinating, my robe and slippers is just so comfortable...

• Upvote 1

Fresh light snow this morning.  Cold as temps are in the teens but with the wind feels like 4°.  Keeps the snow light and fluffy.  Supposed to hit a warming trend into the thirties the next few days.  Ideal for melting off the last bit of snow so I don't need to shovel.  

Snowing and sticking here again!  In the middle picture, the forefront tree is where George's ashes lay...there's memorial stones there for him and for our animals but they're currently buried in snow.

DSCN0467[1].JPG

DSCN0460[1].JPG

DSCN0471.JPG

• Upvote 2

Well Kay, I guess you take the good with the bad.  The good is, it is one of the most beautiful resting places that I have ever seen.  The bad is, whatever you have to put up with, dealing with the weight of the snow, etc.  At least you know what to expect each season. One Christmas it was snowing at this house in central Arkansas.  We had record highs this year.  I have never seen the flooding down the hill from this house like it is now.  I am so ready to escape from Dogpatch. When Billy was here, it was home.  The RV was home, if he was in it.  I am a flatlander.  I love mountains, they are the most beautiful, but I guess I prefer places where little crayfish (mudbugs) build their houses with the Louisiana clay.  I wanted to do what Billy and I talked about.  I would get a Class C and go to all the places we had planned on going. How could I view the places we wanted to go without him? I could not do it. I find that I am going to do the very last thing Billy would do, but it is something I feel I want to do.  I do not want any more responsibility at all.  I want the apartment building owners/managers to replace my pipes, fix my refrigerator, put in my washer and dryer, take care of any yard there happens to be, and all I have to do is inhabit where ever I choose.  I am older, but I don't want in a senior living arrangement.  I want little kids, young families fighting and arguing, making noise.  Anything but rap music.  My kids would think I deserted them if I went to far-off places.  My daughter has already fussed at me because I picked an apartment about 30 miles away from her.  So, as Billy said, "the one left must stay."  And I will, as long as I can, whether I want to or not.

• Upvote 2