Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Six Months and Moving Forward

Arlie (dog) gets along well with the cat, Miss Mocha (cat) gets along well with Arlie, but Miss Mocha and Kitty merely "tolerate" each other.  It's been my experience over the years with pets, that even if they merely "tolerate" each other, if one gets sick, the other is concerned, be it a cat or a dog. :)

Poor Dog still way under the weather.......going to have sit in today at Vets office(long week end up here and can't take sick dog across border)......I have the dog walking around and drinking water.....but no appetite .....Will force feed and give a laxative if I get the guidance from Vet,,,or Pet Store.....I will do something next three hours........

Walking aids digestion, so that's good.  Is he defacating?  Drinking lots of water?  Peeing?  Does his stomach hurt when rubbed?  Is it distended?  Is he drooling a lot?  Does he have diarrhea?  How many days has he been sick?  I wouldn't force feed unless told by a vet, he could have an obstruction and that could make it worse.

I'm so sorry, Kevin.  I know how hard it is when our baby is sick!

I just saw you mentioned laxative, so he must not have diarrhea.  Again, I'd hold off on that, take him to the vet, do not leave without him being seen.  Bring something for you and him to drink, in case it's a long wait.

And Kevin, please let us know what you find out, I will check back as soon as I get back from work...

Thanks!  Praying...

Had my on little service for Patch yesterday. I was fortunate, cleared off some Rose Thorns and small covering of snow, found no frost. The Grave was dug with a lots of tears and hundreds of great memories of my loyal friend. I don't wish to experience this again for a long time.

• Upvote 1

Kevin, I'm sorry.  I, too, wish I knew of some way to bring comfort, but alas I know there is no comfort for the pain you are going through, there is only to go through it. :(  I hope for you also to not have to experience this for a long while, you have had too much lately.  I'm glad you were able to bury him without a problem.

• Upvote 1

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and condolences on Patch......My Rose Garden is now my personal  Pet Cemetery , also buried a bird my grandson brought home two years ago...No more Dogs for awhile...they are family...

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, kevin said:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and condolences on Patch......My Rose Garden is now my personal  Pet Cemetery , also buried a bird my grandson brought home two years ago...No more Dogs for awhile...they are family...

My dear Kevin,

you´ve made a lovely place for them...so close to you...they must be happy...I´m sure!

You´re great person!

Hugs from Janka

Back to the positives and good parts of life .........We have all talked and heard about living in" the Now", but I have found out I might have different thoughts and interpretations. Here is a one persons idea ............. Living your life moment by moment. A lot of experts in time management will tell you to break down your big tasks in small manageable chunks. What they forget to say is to break them down in a way that does not distract you from your present. The size of your tasks should keep you focused on the present and not point to the future.

Stop thinking that life will happen some other day or that your goal is round the corner. This distracts you from taking action now.  I know something about this! It has been the biggest drag in my  life ...........   I can relate to this...baby steps only friends

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, kevin said:

Back to the positives and good parts of life .........We have all talked and heard about living in" the Now", but I have found out I might have different thoughts and interpretations. Here is a one persons idea ............. Living your life moment by moment. A lot of experts in time management will tell you to break down your big tasks in small manageable chunks. What they forget to say is to break them down in a way that does not distract you from your present. The size of your tasks should keep you focused on the present and not point to the future.

Stop thinking that life will happen some other day or that your goal is round the corner. This distracts you from taking action now.  I know something about this! It has been the biggest drag in my  life ...........   I can relate to this...baby steps only friends

Kev,

I can only agree with every sentence written above.It caressed my aching heart.Please,carry on.It helps.It´s a balm for my soul.

Thanks!

Janka

Kevin, while I look forward with hope to the day I'll be with George again, and while I have memories of our life together, it is today I must live in for this moment is all we truly own.  We don't want to miss this moment by dwelling unduly on another time, future or past...not to the point we miss NOW altogether!

NOW my house has a comforting feel to it, the fire is going, the dog and cat are sleeping (only Kitty is awake with me).  NOW my granddaughter exists, with her delightful giggle and smile!  NOW I am well.  NOW I have food to eat.  NOW I have a roof over my head and my bills are paid.  It is so easy (for me) to worry about the future or dwell on the past, but doing so does not add to my life NOW, it only detracts from it.  Life does not happen "someday", life IS happening NOW!  Don't want to miss it!

• Upvote 3

Kayc

This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. To finds way to make the most out of NOW. As badly as I would like to change the past two years, I can't. Dwelling on the uglies of those two years depletes ME. The only way I know to replenish me is to find gratitude for the present. For me it is working for the most part. Did have a moment when "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys unexpectedly popped up on my play list while driving to th Valley this morning. But I am finding I am spending less time missing Deedo and more time remembering happy times and that's all I can ask for now. 

Thanks for putting it so clearly. 

Gwen, you have to remain in the present or strive for it.......There are items of Grief that are triggered from behaviour, and this we do control........"change your playmates, change the playground"....always the best 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kevin said:

Just got something that I should have read years ago......the more I read it,  the more I like it,  and the more I will incorporate this

8e9a5d21cd7e2a2f1ef9de4d574a366e_zpsdd2739c3.jpg

Dear Kevin,

I´m in tears writing these words.This is what I try for lately.

Thank you!

Hugs from Janka