Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief effects EVERYTHING

My Mary and I have one son.  He was in a bad car accident that thank the lord he has survived.  He's in bad shape and in the hospital with a broken leg, hip, a concussion, and a bad laceration on his liver.  And he was wearing his seatbelt as always.  A drunk ran a red light hitting Allen and two other vehicles but Allen was first.  Mary loved our boy.  His two boys are so shaken up.  One of the first things they asked was if Dad was going to be with Grammy Mary.  My heart jumped into my throat.  Luckily he is going to be okay in time.  It's hard not to have my wife... His momma... With us.  He will not be home for a while.  But he will be okay for the boys and baby girl to come.  Good lord, grief for a spouse is a part of EVERYTHING.  I wish she were here.  It's terribly frightening.  

Butch

• Upvote 3

Butch,

I'm so very sorry to hear of Allen's terrible accident. I hope he is being well taken care of. Never a good time for something like this to happen, but for your family, the hits just keep coming. Enough is enough! It is a whole new ball game when your child is sick or injured on top of everything else.

Mary is there in spirit, I'm sure. Your family is fortunate to have you by their side.

Karen

• Upvote 1

Oh my goodness, Butch. I too am so sorry to hear this sad news. Thank goodness Allen will recover in time. How frightening this must be for everyone. Sending love to everyone. Allen is in my prayers. 

Anne

• Upvote 2

OMG, Butch, how frightening!  I am so glad he's going to be okay.  I hope his recovery is more swift than they expect.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think what could have been, can't go there.  Thank God he is still going to be around for all of you.

I'll go pray for him right now.

• Upvote 2

Butch, my dear, the tragedies that have befallen you these last few years are of biblical proportions, and I don't know how you've managed to endure. I am so very sorry to learn of this horrible accident, and I pray for Allen, for his wife and children, and for you. 

sending-you-light-to-heal-you-to-hold-yo

• Upvote 1

Thank you friends.  He will be ok.  It just really hurts that my partner in life is not here to walk the recovery journey Allen is on and the hurt to his wife and sons.  And well for me too.  

• Upvote 2

Butch, keeping Allen and all of you in my prayers.  Please give us updates of any progression or changes.  :wub:

• Upvote 1

Thank you all.  Allen is in surgery to repair his liver as time was not healing it alone.  He will also have hip surgery but not until his liver is stable.  The surgery will help as it was continuing to bleed too much.  

We all have these trials to cope with following the loss of our spouses and I sometimes don't know how to handle things myself alone.  But we all must in whatever our trials are.

thank you for your thoughts.  

Butch

• Upvote 2

My dear Butch,

In time we do learn to deal with things on our own, but it takes relearning, kind of like going back to being a baby all over again and learning to walk and talk from scratch.

I hope Allen's surgery goes well so he can get his hip surgery taken care of.

Let us know...

Thanks,

Kay

• Upvote 1

Allen is fairing well after the surgery to repair his liver.  They had to remove a small part.  There has been no more bleeding detected .  Next comes surgery to put his hip back together.  It's his right hip.  And his left leg is broken.  His leg shouldn't need surgery.  Just immobility.  He's drugged and asked for his mom a couple times.  Broke my heart.  Had to remind him she isn't here with us anymore. :(

He will have a lot of PT in future months.  Praying he will be recovered fully by June when his fifth child is due to arrive.  A little girl.  Gracelee MaryBeth.  MaryBeth after my wife.  I can't wait for my granddaughter.  After losing the twins last summer we are all over the moon for this rainbow baby.  

Butch

• Upvote 3

Butch,

I can't imagine him not being well by the time Gracelee MaryBeth is born.  What a beautiful name!  He may still have PT and some pain or discomfort, but he should be ambulatory by then.  Do they have a date scheduled for his hip surgery?  I continue to pray for him.    How are YOU holding up? And Katie?

• Upvote 1

Kay

i am hangin in.  As much as possible for my son.  I'm taking on a lot trying to fill in caring for the boys as Katie needs as much rest as possible and little stress.  She of course wants Allen home but that won't be for a while.  Surgery on his hip was done today and was complicated.  The drunk that ran into him had been arrested and been arraigned.  He can't hurt anyone else.  

Yes They picked Gracelee as their little girls name it's beautiful.  And of course will have Grammy Marys name too.  Like the twins.  I miss those girls.  And I miss my bride.  

Butch

• Upvote 1

Butch, I'm glad his surgery is done, I pray his recovery goes well.