Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How do you mend a broken heart?

Little Gracie is losing weight, back under 3 lbs again...keep up the prayers!

• Upvote 1

Dear Butch,

I have not been around much, but have been reading Kay's updates on Gracie.

I am sending prayers, loving thoughts, and lots of love to Gracie and you and the family.  

May Angels surround you, and may you all be held in the Light.

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Upvote 5

Update from Butch:

Gracie girl is not on vent anymore.  And daddy got to feed her with the tiniest bottle.  She is still learning the suck swallow and breathe technique but she's learning.  She does better when mom nurses her.  
  • Upvote 5

Oh, such good news!  Please pass this along to the folks at the hospital where Gracie is:  premature and newborn infants love music.  Bach seems to work well, and also helps with their ability to get the while sucking, swallowing, breathing right.  My younger daughter was hospitalized until her weight got up to 3 pounds, and the nuns played Bach for her while she was learning to take nourishment.  (I was recovering from a C-section).  Today, she is 5'9' and a VP at Warner Brothers, but mostly she is a wonderful person with a warm and generous heart.  

So, music for Gracie!  I am so very, very glad to know she is doing better.  Thank you Kay for keeping us up to date on her progress.

*<twinkles>* for Gracie.  

far

• Upvote 7

I've passed that along to Butch, fae, and hope they find some Bach and play it.  My DIL played music for her daughter in the womb, her auntie is very musical, who knows, maybe she will be too!  And she's read to her from the day she was born, and guess what!  At ten months, she loves books!

• Upvote 3

fae, Butch thanks you and EVERYONE here.  he doesn't have time to come on the forum right now because he's busy looking after his grandsons, but it helps knowing your thoughts and prayers are with them.

• Upvote 3

Okay, here goes!  And she's over thee pounds again!

f57bdba9-8174-44ac-b6c7-5cf38dec96b2.jpg

• Upvote 7

So many are holding the entire family in our thoughts and prayers. Gracie is so very precious. I feel like so many of us are her "aunts" and "uncles."

• Upvote 3

Looking at her precious little lips, shaped like rosebuds, and thinking about her holding her grampy's finger.  She is a precious gift and we're all rooting for her!

• Upvote 3

Thank you ALL for your thoughts and being supportive and rejoicing in my granddaughter's fight.  Your prayers have helped.  I believe that.  She's thriving.  She's tiny but is already developing a little personality.  Thank you Kay for keeping everyone updated.  I'm so busy with my grandsons while their mom and dad tend to Gracie.  

I wanted to share this amazing pic they got today while her daddy was holding her.  This is her personality shining through.  She's tiny but mighty.  

My heart melts every time I see her precious face.  Some may think this smile was gas but it's just her 

i hope this warms all of your hearts some at a time where our hearts are broken and hurting   

Butch

image.jpeg

• Upvote 8

Beautiful, sweet baby. You know we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Butch. We are here for you as you know. Gracie did warm my heart. Anne

• Upvote 3

She is beautiful, Butch!  We are smiling with you (and her) and esp. at hearing she's 3 lbs 8 oz now!

• Upvote 1