Grief Healing Discussion Groups

If You're Going Through Hell

I'm so glad I can still walk, no running, my bladder is not attached as well as it used to be, and bending over to pick up stuff has not had much practice, so it hurts.  All-in-all, 2/3rds or 3/4ths, it has been a wild ride.  

One of my friends on FB this morning was asking for ideas to help her lower backache.  I used to walk all the time.  Because of the colon rupture I had to cut down on the length of my travels unless I had Billy on cell phone to come get me FAST.  I think, just like the tin man in Wizard of Oz, I just need WD40.  (I did have a distant uncle who swore by that stuff on his knees).  Know I have to get some movement going in my joints.  I think all of us seem to become more dormant after a loss.  I do see you and George still working at it and one of our new women on the forum goes to the gym. And many walk their fur babies. Mine is just plain laziness........mixed with unknown fear.  

• Upvote 1

Oh yes, the fear. Every day I feel fear. I referred to it as anxiety until someone here called it like it is. Fear that I'll have to spend the rest of my life without her. And fear, knowing that's the truth. On the other hand, in some areas I'm fearless. I have more backbone at work than I have had in 50 years of working, because I have nothing left to lose. After a terrible divorce in which I was left practically penniless, and knowing my house is a short sale away from foreclosure, I was hopeless. Then Dana came back into my life, after 32 years. I had hope, she had hope, and more importantly, she had trust in me. We were planning and preparing for a future together. And now she's gone. I really have nothing left to lose.

• Upvote 4

Marg, my latest elixir is a mixture of Turneric, Olive Oil, black pepper, and Apple cider vinegar......Mix it up into a runny paste viscosity.....I mix up half a cup at a time in a mason cup....And you take one teaspoon(level) twice daily....It took me about two weeks befor I noticed the joints better and backed off on the  Ibuprofen...I'm walking(playing golf daily) without much pain......Bending over is hit a miss....I use "cheaters" in the the garden......(small cane) ...George...I chase the Turmeric paste with mouthful of coffee...warm anything works

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kevin said:

Marg, my latest elixir is a mixture of Turmeric, Olive Oil, black pepper, and Apple cider vinegar......Mix it up into a runny paste viscosity.....I mix up half a cup at a time in a mason cup....And you take one teaspoon(level) twice daily....It took me about two weeks before I noticed the joints better and backed off on the  Ibuprofen...I'm walking(playing golf daily) without much pain......Bending over is hit a miss....I use "cheaters" in the the garden......(small cane) 

I tried this mixture but having trouble dealing with the taste.  Yuck.:wacko:  Do you take it straight?  I have shoulder, elbows, and knee pain.  I use knee pads and a knee board at work to continue. My left shoulder is still weak and sore from a fall three years ago down a flight of stairs. No breaks or tears the doctor said but I had a huge black& blue bicep for awhile. Any suggestions would be helpful. - Shalom

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Just a reminder, George, of the message I posted a few months ago. I don't know if you were interested in this particular approach ~ and it's certainly okay if you aren't ~ I just wanted to be sure you remembered this . . .

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Marg M said:

I just need WD40.  (I did have a distant uncle who swore by that stuff on his knees).

:o  No!!  I accidentally got some WD40 on my finger last night, I washed it immediately but I noticed it felt numb the rest of the evening.  It can't be good for us!

• Upvote 2

I had an accident years ago that left my left forefinger damaged, I couldn't close my finger/s into a fist, in fact the finger wouldn't bend much at all.  The doctor suggested Glucosamine, and I tried that for a year with zero results.  My sister suggested gin & golden raisins (steep the golden raisins in gin a minimum of two weeks, but I find it's more palatable after 2 months)...9 raisins a day (I don't count, I use an iced tea spoon).  Within two weeks I could completely bend my finger and recovered full usage of it!  I now take my spoonful a day, it helps joints/arthritis.  I talked to my doctor about it and he said "Whatever works!"  If it hadn't been the educated sister who is a research librarian, I probably would have thought it was hooey, but coming from her I felt it credible.  All I know is, it worked amazingly!

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, kayc said:

It can't be good for us!

Well, he is long gone.  Do not remember the reason, but I doubt WD40 really helped him.  Maybe if he thought it did.

Billy's aunt lived into her 90's and Dr. Slay was asking her how she kept so healthy.  I typed her clinic note and she said she drank apple cider vinegar (with the thick "mother") and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water each morning.  Dr. Slay said, "whatever works."  My whole "innards" feel so damaged, I think only MiraLax will help.  I am way past natural healers, though I believe in them for "normal" people, I just am damaged from the radiation all on the inside.  

But, I sure used to like those golden raisins and I think soaking them in gin sounds pretty darn good.  I can no longer eat raisins though.  If I could, I would give that one a try.

14 hours ago, MartyT said:

Just a reminder, George, of the message I posted a few months ago. I don't know if you were interested in this particular approach ~ and it's certainly okay if you aren't ~ I just wanted to be sure you remembered this . . .

Thank you, Marty.  At the time it was not affordable.  Now my financial situation is better so I will check into it.  I would be so relieved not to have this pain anymore! - Shalom

• Upvote 1

Kevin, I have not been much for crying in a while.  Oh, probably tears ever so often, but not crying.  "Heartland" 9th season, Paint just had to be put down.  I have cried from first of the 9th season, so I guess this is Sunday crying so I won't have to tomorrow, our 56th.  Heartland was Billy's favorite.  Didn't want to do it, but I'm doing it.  The country is beautiful.  You all are lucky to live in this land.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marg M said:

I sure used to like those golden raisins and I think soaking them in gin sounds pretty darn good.  I can no longer eat raisins though.  If I could, I would give that one a try.

Marg, I think we all have days when just about anything soaked in gin sounds darn good. ;)

• Upvote 2

Billy used to order health supplements from Puritan's Pride.  I had a lot to throw away cause we ordered in bulk.  Copenhagen oral tobacco was cheaper in Louisiana back then so he would buy in bulk before coming home to AR.  I found his grocery lists of healthy foods when I was throwing away papers.  We had the Ninja mixer to make the healthy shakes.  He would brag to me he had only had 2-3 cans of the snuff that week.  Bless his heart, he tried to get healthy but he could not get rid of the oral poison.  He just couldn't.  He quit smoking years ago and oral tobacco took its place.  My mom smoked till she was 95.  They were her "friends."  Really, her only friends.  Oh, he and I both drank the Mother apple cider vinegar and honey.  I cannot say that the snuff did it, I suppose we cannot live forever.  They said the aneurysm was old and could be fixed, but they could not do a thing for the rest of his body that was riddled with the cancer we had no idea about.  I wasn't gonna let him die, but in the end, it was not my choice.  We had run out of miracles.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kayc said:

I had an accident years ago that left my left forefinger damaged, I couldn't close my finger/s into a fist, in fact the finger wouldn't bend much at all.  The doctor suggested Glucosamine, and I tried that for a year with zero results.  My sister suggested gin & golden raisins (steep the golden raisins in gin a minimum of two weeks, but I find it's more palatable after 2 months)...9 raisins a day (I don't count, I use an iced tea spoon).  Within two weeks I could completely bend my finger and recovered full usage of it!  I now take my spoonful a day, it helps joints/arthritis.  I talked to my doctor about it and he said "Whatever works!"  If it hadn't been the educated sister who is a research librarian, I probably would have thought it was hooey, but coming from her I felt it credible.  All I know is, it worked amazingly!

So, what is the ratio of the mixture?  This sounds very interesting.  I have a forefinger that I smashed between two wood rounds a couple of months ago and still have numbness and some movement issues.  I'd love to try that.  Do you get golden raisins just at the grocery store? 

• Upvote 1

Marg,There are a couple of shows I don't watch because of the triggers( Young/Restless/SteelMagnolias/Beaches...anything with Julia Roberts, a lot of chick flicks, and  Richard Gere), but we both loved Heartland and Longmire.....but I do like Pelican Brief

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kevin said:

I know someone who drinks it every day!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

So, what is the ratio of the mixture? 

Fill a jar with golden raisins, cover with gin, put on lid.  Simple as that!  No measuring.

3 hours ago, kayc said:

I know someone who drinks it every day!

ME. Three times a day.1TBLSP to a cup of water.  :D

She drinks it straight.  She has a bad gallbladder and no health insurance.  I tried to get her to sign up for Obamacare during open enrollment, but she didn't, she's been drinking vinegar for about a year, it's the only thing that stops the gb attacks.

I finished up this series after midnight last night on what would have been our 56th anniversary.  We started watching the series together a few years ago and would record it each week.  I could not go back and watch it without it hurting, because he loved the series so much.  Well, I'm up to date and hope it has a 10th series.  I believe it is filmed in Canada, in the most beautiful country I have ever seen.  I somehow hope he enjoyed it as much as his last book we read together, by C.J. Box, the one he did not get to finish, and against all odds, I was able to read and comprehend, so I am hoping we read it together.  I believe it is a Canadian series with all Canadian cast.  It is a clean series in a heavenly beautiful setting.

heartland.jpg

• Upvote 2