Grief Healing Discussion Groups

On May 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM, kayc said:

I just received this message from Allen, Butch's son.  I told him I would share it with the group.

Hi Miss Kay
This is Allen.  My Dad wants everyone to know he's ok but he had another heart attack while in the hospital for observation.  He is ok and that's what he wanted to stress.  He has been there for the last three months since Gracelee was born and he took care of the boys.  As his son and my only parent left I am making it my mission when he comes home that he has a light load from here on out.
I hope you are well.  Thank you and everyone for the many prayers for our little girl.

Allen

So sorry to hear about this.  Hope all goes well with Butch....cookie

• Upvote 2

He has been resting in the hospital and waiting for them to send him home to his grandchildren.  I haven't heard any more about his heart condition.

• Upvote 1

Butch is home from the hospital, needs to rest before he can come on the forum.  He's happy to be home with his grandkids!

• Upvote 4

Hello Butch.

I haven't posted in quite a long time.  My husband, Ric, died 5/1/15 and now I'm with my father who has been admitted to hospice.  Even a year later it feels surreal that Ric is "gone from my sight" and I still replay the morning I had walked to the bathroom and when returning to the side of his hospital bed I was told "he just expired".  What a harsh word that is but I suppose any word used to say your loved one died would be harsh.  

I have learned over this past year that I don't think of 6:30am on 5/1/15 as often and while it can still bring tears they aren't as intense.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and every person that shares their loss, every person that supports each of us here, and those individuals that prefer to read and manage their grief privately.  

• Upvote 4

Gracie update!  Butch is home from the hospital and asked me to share this picture with you...I think he's a grandpa who's lost his heart.  :wub:

Gracie update.jpg

• Upvote 7

image.jpeg

Gracie bear has developed a love for and a favorite blankie.  

Thanks everyone for prayers.  I'm resting and behaving.  

Butch 

• Upvote 5

I love that picture.  And you HAVE to behave, your son knows where to find you!:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

I had the best medicine for my heart today.  After Gracie got back from her Drs appointment she laid on my chest and we both napped that way for three hours.  Does a Grampy's heart health good.  Oh and she's weighing 7lbs 14oz.  Its all in her cheeks!  ❤️   

Im following Drs orders on rest and the orders of my son and DIL.  

• Upvote 3

7lbs. 14oz.?? ... now that is something to smile about!!!

She's a beautiful little girl and I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy, Butch.

My personal recommendation is for as much R&G (Rest and Gracie) as you can handle over the next few weeks.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, mittam99 said:

7lbs. 14oz.?? ... now that is something to smile about!!!

She's a beautiful little girl and I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy, Butch.

My personal recommendation is for as much R&G (Rest and Gracie) as you can handle over the next few weeks.

Thank you Mitch.  I like the R&G idea. :D

I'm on my way to bed.  Early.  Just going to listen to some music and pray I dream something happy of my Mary.  

• Upvote 4