Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bittersweet news

Allen and Katie are in the process of moving into their own home.  They told me that this morning they had a positive pregnancy test.  They were trying but these kids have never had a problem with fertility.  They try and it happens right then.  So Grandbaby number six is in the making.  That includes two in Heaven.  More happiness that my Mary is missing.  Though maybe she knew this baby before conception. Who knows.  

Gracie is growing so fast at five and a half months.  Here is a photo of her OBJECTING to carrots.  :rolleyes:.  She's such a huge personality.  This week is the last days they will be living here.  The boys are excited to move but don't want to leave Grampy.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 8

They'll still see their grampy!  Has she tried lemons yet? :)  (We couldn't resist when my daughter was a baby)

• Upvote 4

Gracie giving Grampy a look because I was packing her toys.  :wub:

The kids are moved in and tonight will be their first night there and my first alone.  :(.  It's going to be so quiet here.  I don't know if I can face quiet without memories hitting me of my Mary.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I would place pictures of Gracie and the boys all over your home to help you with the adjustment period.  I play music in the backgorund or watch netflix, show3s, etc.. to help me to relax.  Find what comforts you Butch. - Shalom

• Upvote 4

Thanks all. 

I just got a phone call from my grandsons wanting to say goodnight to Grampy and they put the phone up to Gracie and she stopped chattering when she heard my voice.  My heart is a pile of Grampy mush.  

I have the TV running and will probably keep it on all night to drown out the silence.  It's hurting a lot right now.  I don't like "flashbacks" of last moments here when Mary took her last breath.  But then there are the good memories too.  So conflicted.  ?

• Upvote 5

Butch, she's probably wondering what you're doing with all her toys!  I'm sure she got quiet because she misses you.  You have three grands to hang in there for, I know tonight it's tough though.  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 3

Butch hope you made it through the night. I am sure it will take some getting used to but you will still see your family I am sure your Mary knows and sees all her precious grandbabies she will be right there with you guys always hugs to you love the pictures to precious 

• Upvote 2

Thinking of you, Butch, as Gracie is back in the hospital, praying she's home soon and playing with her brothers!  I bet she misses her grampy and Little Man!

• Upvote 3

Grace is ok.  She started with a tiny cold and then spiked a 105 temp.  She has a cold cough and double ear infections. They are keeping her overnight on an IV drip with antibiotics and Tylenol.  Hopefully she'll be home tomorrow.  I just got back from seeing her.  She snuggled in my arms for nearly an hour.  Bless her heart she doesn't feel good.  She's building immunity though which was compromised being a premie. 

Thank for thoughts.  Much love.  

• Upvote 4

Thanks Butch.  I know we were all worried.  So glad you got back to us fast.  She is a beautiful little girl and I know she loves Grampy.  Those little girls know how to twist their granddaddy's around their little fingers.  

• Upvote 2

Butch,

I hope little Gracie is home now.  Your visit to her and holding her sounds just like what the doctor ordered!  I'm glad she's building immunity, it'll help her get well.

• Upvote 2