Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New To Group

I decided to introduce myself this morning.  I just joined the group a couple of days ago.  My husband, Bob, passed away May 4, 2016 from pancreatic cancer.  He lived 15 months with the disease.  I am hurting so bad and feel so lonely, devastated, sad and hopeless.  These are just a few of the emotions I am having.  I am glad I found this group and know it will help to read others comments as well as be able to express some of mine.

Janet

• Upvote 3

Roary,

I am so sorry for you losing your Bob.  This forum is a good place for expressing your grief and reading the thoughts of others who are going through similar agonies.  

I lost my sweet Mary Kay in January.  We were soul mates from the first day, 18 years ago.  I miss her every minute of every day.  

Janet welcome to the group.  Visit often and share your grief.  You are in the right place.

Love and prayers,

Bill

• Upvote 5

Janet I welcome you also. There are many helpful things to read and tools to help you on this grief's journey. You are among friends. Bill I think you will miss her every day for the rest of your time here on earth. I believe I will too.

Steve

• Upvote 4

Hi Janet, welcome and I am new as well.  I just signed up a couple of days ago.  In what short time I have been on here everyone has been very supportive.  We are all grieving, maybe in different ways and for different reasons, but that doesn't matter.....grief is grief.  I am very sorry for your loss.  Sending you prayers!

Cheryl

• Upvote 4

Janet, thank you for posting. I know how hard that first post is and I know how devastating it is to lose the love of your life. I lost my sweet wife Tammy to systemic lupus last March and my world crumbled. The love, support and wisdom I've gotten from this site has been amazing.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you continue to read and post here. It will help.

Mitch

• Upvote 4

Thanks to all of you for responding.  It was hard to make the first post.  I have been "lurking" around for the last few days reading and finding comfort in realizing I am not the only one feeling as I do.  Bob and I were married 40 years and I really have wished all day today I could have one of his hugs.  I really, really miss him so much.  It is a big lonesome house without him here.

Janet

• Upvote 7

Janet,. I know how terribly hard the loneliness is.  I will never get use to it.  Al and I were married 16 years, but they were the greatest in my life.  We were married when he was 65 and me 60 (not first marriages).  Keep reading and posting.

Gin

• Upvote 1

Janet welcome to the group none of us wanted to join. My wife, Rose Anne and I were married almost 26 years.  She died suddenly, over eighteen months ago.  I understand your pain, grief, and the loneliness.  It is a challenge to deal with.  This group really helps. I hope you find some answers and help you need to traverse this grief journey you are now on.  <virtual hugs>  - Shalom

• Upvote 2

Janet  I feel your pain and loss and understand I lost my Kevin on May 17, 2016 we we together twenty six years , the loneliness gets so hard it feels like the longer they are gone the more we realize they aren't coming back and the more it sets in. I get by by holding my Kevin as close to my heart as possible, thinking of his unconditional love and imagining his spirit wrapping his arms around me it is all I can do to keep going sometimes I am sorry you are a part of thiscommunity for it means you lost your soulmate but am glad you found it I have learned so much from the people in this community they are in pain but everyone truly cares and understands hugs to you.

• Upvote 2

Janet,

I am so sorry you lost your Bob.  I lost my George eleven years ago.  In the beginning I felt my world had ended, in a way, I was right...my world as I knew it was gone.  It took me about three years to process his death and even longer to try to create somewhat of a life for myself, but it does get lonely and there's been some hard times to go through alone over the years (losing jobs, breaking elbow, nose, & front tooth, surgery, losing pets & mom, car accidents).  No one understands unless they've been through it.  I have learned to do my life but I miss him each and every day and look forward to being with him again someday.

I hope you continue to read and post, it helps.  There's a lot of "tools" that are helpful elsewhere on this site plus Marty's blog.  You can do a search too and just about any and all topics will pop up that you're looking for with links to helps, so I hope you explore the site.

You are not alone, you have this grief family to go through everything with!

• Upvote 4

Hello Janet, and, although I wish you did not have the need to be here.....be welcome.  Almost all here are traveling the same hard road of grief, and, while we can't make the journey painless for you.....if you stumble on your road, we will care, and try to uplift you!  I hope to see you return and post again. Peace.

• Upvote 4

As so many others have said, Janet,  we are so sorry that you have found yourself here but be assured that this place will indeed allow you to feel that you are not alone. We are a caring group and are good listeners who do understand. I too spent forty years with my Jim and I miss him every day as you do your Bob. 

Anne

• Upvote 4

Hi Janet,

I am so sorry for your loss.  15 months is a long time to be fighting.  I have watched loved ones fight cancer and it is a hard fight.  It is so unfair.  I am very sorry you had to watch your love go through this.   I am glad you have found your way here.  I have found a lot of encouragement and comfort through this group when I feel alone.  And, I hope you do too.  Big hugs to you.         

• Upvote 2