Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank you all for your concern!  It made me feel very cared about!  Now you all have to put up with me a little more! :D

I'll copy/paste this response to someone to save my poor hands...

Mon. I started training the new gal, Kelley for my Church Treasury position, it'll take about six months before I'm done training her as we'll have quarterly, year end, there is a LOT to show her!  Anything that could possibly go wrong, did.  I couldn't believe the problems I ran into!  Had to play sleuth to fix them all, didn't get home until 6!
During the night the power went off, no warning.  Some got alerts, I didn't.  They shut off our whole town as a safety precaution.  I charged my phone at the church until it went off too.  Monday night I talked to my daughter a long time.  During the night my landline went out.  We had a tremendous storm during the night, it left debris everywhere.  Melissa said there is so much smoke at her house she couldn't open the windows and it was 80 in her apt.  It got to 100 outside here, there too!  I picked up limbs in the street and my yard for 6 1/2 hours!  My back has been complaining ever since.  
So no water, phone, electricity, internet, nothing.  Had to use the woods as no flush-able toilets.  I managed to keep busy doing things around here that I could but was afraid I'd lose all my food, they wouldn't give us an estimated time of when it'd be back on but they always get to outlying areas last, even though we're the ones on wells and have no water!
Wed. afternoon my neighbor hooked up his old generator (I can't start it, it has a pull cord, takes him 10 tries and he's a big burly guy!) to my refrigerator and microwave.  I had been scared to open the refrigerator as I didn't want it warming up.  I drove into Oakridge and got food for my sister & her husband, checked their mail & brought in their newspaper. 
I've never had the electricity out in such hot weather, so was really worried.  Another neighbor hooked up his old generator to my freezer, so between them, they saved my food.
Yesterday the pastor came up and told me my BIL went by ambulance to the hospital, right after I left their place!  He has a tumor in his stomach and they think he has bleeding ulcers.  His blood count was 14!  He takes care of my sister as she is totally disabled.  I went to Peggy's to check on her, screwed in her light bulbs, she has electricity back, I didn't.  Yesterday afternoon mine came on but still no phone.  I got a message to my sister Polly to call it in to the phone co.  They came out and fixed it, I was shocked, usually it takes longer.  They told her there were no reported outages, well, yeah, duh, how are we supposed to call it in? Peggy told me to do my laundry at her house, but now they're all smokey.  Ugh!  She'd offered me a diet coke and when I took a swig, I accidentally got Bert's can of snoose spit!  I spit it out all over myself!  It was the most vile thing I've ever had in my mouth, nasty!!  Had to wash my shirt so it wouldn't stain so I'm sitting there in my bra in front of her window visiting with her, thankfully it's a quiet dead end street!  
Kodie has been really good, but seems a little upset, he knows things are off.
Meanwhile, my son...they want to develop the neighboring properties and annex it into the city, so he found another place to move to and signed a contract...well it has fires on both sides!  Whole cities are burning up!  My son has been on level 2 evacuation notice all week even while they had ten showings there!  The sky looked like night in broad daylight!
Glad to get my electricity back on and take a shower!
So, how's your week been? 😨
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marty is inland on the west side of the panhandle.  Sarasota I think.  She's up a hill so doesn't usually get affected by flooding and they shutter the house for hurricanes.  Praying for all affected by this!

We dodged this bullet, thank Heaven ~ and like Kay, my thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering with all this wind, rain and flooding. This year of 2020 is one that can't be over too soon. I can only imagine what else is in store for the rest of it! 

• Like 3

Our air quality was over 600 last week, today it went down to 20 because of the recent rains!

My BIL, Bert, went to the hospital right after I left Thursday morning and they've sent him to a hospice home, do not expect him to last five days.  He told my sister he made his peace with God so that gives her assurance.  She's been crying all weekend, I''m taking her to the valley to see him tomorrow.  I was supposed to sing and speak at church tomorrow but this takes precedence.  It's hard, all of these memories keep flooding back...trying to stay in the here and now, this is about them right now...

If I'm not on here much in the next few days, I hope you'll understand, will be here when I can.

Marty, I'm glad you're okay!  

• Like 4

I’m so sorry to read this, Kay.  It’s been one thing after another for you and many of us.  It’s like this year is cursed in some way.    Of course your family comes first and I’m sorry your sister now faces a huge grief.  She will have you to turn to.  Someone who truly understands.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry all of this is happening.  In all my 78 years, only the passing of Billy, has been worse.  At my age my friends and their husbands are passing as fast as those migratory birds dropping in New Mexico by the thousands.  I've lost so many friends this year and talked to the one who had remarried after losing her first husband, Billy's and my friend.  Her second husband was sick for so many years she did not take care of herself and has had to have a heart artery replaced and now has had a stroke.  I talked to her and she and her daughter were out looking at houses so she could take care of her mom.  My aunt is hanging on by a thread.  It is true she is in her early 80's but her death is a self induced suicide.  She won't eat.  She can, she just won't.  She has lost her daughter, her husband, and her lifelong next door sister and she just plain does not want to live, so we wait for the call.  My cousin's BIL wanted to see his great grandchildren so they attended an anniversary party for two friends that are elderly and not in good health, (we can't have parties folks!!!).  Out of 28 at the party, 24 have come down with Covid.  One of the servers (friend) had it and did not know.  So, the BIL passed away and all of the others are elderly with elderly conditions and are very ill.  We cannot have reunions people!!!!  They had graveside burial for my cousin's BIL.  I don't know how many of the others have passed away or recovered.  So many nightmare stories.  

Kay, I'm so sorry about your BIL and even sorrier for his wife and you sisters who will have to help.  Marty, I hope this new disruption in the Gulf does not bother you.

Folks, I live in very northern Louisiana, maybe 20-30 miles from the Arkansas line.  We get flood waters and very bad wind shears and was without electricity for a very short while, not enough to melt freezer food.  We are okay, unless the storms spawn off a tornado, which happens.  The hurricanes are not going to cause us much trouble unless we get the tornadoes.  Sure wish the things would form in the Atlantic Ocean and give some relief to California, Oregon and Washington.  

We are all okay.  

• Like 3

Thank you.  I'm glad you're okay, Marg.

My BIL Bert passed away this morning.  I told Peggy I'd cover his cremation and my sister is going to provide her with a medic alert button.  We'll go in and sign the paperwork when they're ready.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry Kay.  My aunt passed at 12:30 p.m.. yesterday.  Graveside services and cannot go.  She was school secretary and there will be so many people, and so many relatives I have not seen in so long.  My sister cannot breathe on the outside very well with this rain that we are still having.  My uncle (her brother) is 87, his wife a few months older, neither in top health, but he is very old fashioned, this was his baby sister, and he would give his life for any of us.  I may have mentioned they had an anniversary party for 28 from this small town.  Twenty-four came down with the Covid.  The server did not know she had Covid.  At least two are still hospitalized in bad condition, and my cousin's bil passed away.  He just wanted to see his great grandkids.  He had been married 69 years.  The anniversary was for two married 63 years.  Covid is a marriage killer.  It definitely is not a political ploy.  Take care of yourselves.  I will buy a plaque to put on her grave  for later.  She was my growing up playmate until she got in her teens.  Then, she and I still hung out together often.  She gave me all her makeup (she was a brunette) and this carrot topped kid wore that dark red lipstick.  I would lick it off my lips and that was before lip liners.  I looked so strange with a red line all around my lips.  I thought I was sexy.  Had my school picture taken in the lipstick, my head thrown back in what I thought was a sexy pose.  My eyes partly closed.  I was in the 8th grade.  Mama looked at the pictures and bought one of the small ones of the kid who looked like the "village idiot.."  I couldn't argue with that.

My mind has been like a video playing back the good memories my aunt and I had growing up about 200 steps from each back door.