Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Finally A Little Joy

As many of you know, besides dealing with Tom's 17 month anniversary last month I lost my 17 year old dog which kind of through me back a little because her death was so much like Tom's that I relived a lot of things.

Well, Friday night the man who lives across from my mom came to my back door and looked very funny. Needless to say the first thing I asked him was if my mom was OK and she was. He then said you're going to hate me and asked me to follow him so I did. In his truck he had a cocker pup that had been dodging cars down by our church and a young couple had rescued him and the mother took off and they couldn't catch her. The pup was just adorable but it was a male and I really wanted a female and I really wanted to wait until after my vacation the end of the month, but when he said that was OK and if he didn't find someone to take him, he'd take him to the pound on Mon. I just couldn't let that happen so I took him. He has given me a whole new outlook on life right now. Basically totally dependent on me. It's like Tom sent him to me because he has the colors of all our cockers and it's as if God is saying I needed a TOTAL change. He came the day before the one month anniversary of Holly's death.

Now my only problem is worrying about whether someone will put an add in the paper saying he is missing. He was so full of fleas and had not been fed well I just don't know if I could return him, but I worry about whether there are kids involved and sad because they are missing their puppy. I know one thing, they will have to do flea their house and yard and I will turn their name in to animal protection so he has a better life than he did the first time.

I know this is a stupid request but could you pray real hard that I don't have to give him back to anyone. In 36 hours we have both become so attached to each other. He won't let me out of his sight and he only had one accident in the house today. That's pretty good for a 7 to 10 week runaway.

If I get to keep him I'll put a picture up later if I can remember or figure out how to do it.

Oh, Mary Linda, I will certainly pray that this is your puppy! I think you are both very lucky.

Love, Kath

Mary Linda

no one will love him more than you. I started laughing whilst I was reading your post, because I knew that you wouldn't let him go to the pound. No way!!

I will pray very hard that you two get to stay together.

Oh, and don't buy the local papers for the next month, OK?

xx

Mary Linda,

Heres my prayers from Arizona. I love you and you have been so dear to me. He is yours, just think positive. Whats the given name for this little rascal? You deserve happiness and you are going to receive it, I will e mail you privately later in the week, thanks for your e mail and checking in on me, it means alot. Your a super lady. I laughed at Boo's comment, no newspaper reading for you, lol. If the previous owners wanted him so bad he would not be covered in fleas and running the streets, they obviously do not deserve him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you, Kim

I am adding my voice to all of your prayers, and I agree that this little one deserves to have a forever home with Mary Linda! For what it's worth, I felt the same way you did, Mary Linda: I insisted on having female dogs all my life ~ until a male cockapoo named Muffin wrapped himself around my heart. He was the dearest dog I'd ever known ~ and my beloved Beringer, the Tibetan terrier I've loved dearly for the past 13 years, is a male as well. Male dogs are just as lovable as females, and in some cases, even more so. Sounds to me as if this was simply meant to be :wub:

I'm praying, Mary Linda. What a precious gift for you. I was just saying to my dog yesterday that he is a total blessing. My guess is if the pup was properly taken care of, then probably no one will bother to put an ad in the paper. If you've bonded already with the pup, then he belongs to you.

Hi, Mary Linda,

And please allow me to add myself to the number of people wishing you the very best with your new pup. I just wanted to say that love doesn´t enter (or exit, as we know) our lives at our convenience nor with the best timing in mind. I only say that in light of your comment about waiting until after vacation. But rather, it comes when we need it most, I believe. Now, leaving---well, that is another story, isn't it?

Regardless, I am positive that you and your pup were meant for one another, and that the laws of the universe have made your paths cross. Live the love, and may it be healing, as well.

I don't know the laws in your state but here if you have one for a month, he's yours no matter who comes claiming...at any rate, someone who didn't take better care of him than that probably isn't out looking for him, they may even be relieved he's gone. I'm so happy for you, it sounds just like what the doctor ordered! And I can guarantee you won't have as much trouble with this one as I have with my Arlie, and I wouldn't trade my Arlie for anything, chewed up couch and all! :P

Enjoy him, sounds like it was meant to be!

Love,

Kay

Thanks everybody.

We are doing really well. He is so smart and has figured out that if he goes potty outside he gets treats. The thing is when he first goes out he just sits there as if to say, OK, I'm so cute I should get a treat. I have to inform him it doesn't work that way, but as soon as he goes he's right there for that snack and wagging his tail. Pretty good for only having him 72 hours.

What have you named him? And when are you going to upload a photo?

He is very lucky to have you, I know ... but I also know that you are lucky to have him because he will give you love and loyalty, warmth and comfort. He will lick the tears off your face and he will doubtless also drive you to distraction ... but he will be worth every second of it.

Just don't buy any newspapers, I'm serious. He's yours and you love him.

xx

I would like everyone to meet Shadow. I was trying to think of things that were black and thought of a shadow and he sticks to me like one so I thought it would be appropriate. Everyone in the family liked it except my mom and she said it is too long a name for a little dog. I reminded her, he won't always be little.

Boo, I did peek at the ads tonight and nobody even cares enough to be putting forth much effort to find him. I can't believe he wouldn't have stole someone else's heart too.

I hope you can see him because it is really hard to take a picture of him because he's so black he just looks like a black ball. I had been sorting clothes and my PJ bottoms fell out of the bag and he pulled a wash cloth over and laid on them. He slept there for quite a while.

MY daughters said they haven't seen me this happy in a long time. I guess it's nice to have somebody who loves me so much and needs me. Even I notice a difference and thank God and Tom for this blessing.

post-9541-1247627391_thumb.jpg

Shadow is a doll! Congratulations on your new found bundle of happiness.

Kath

Oh Mary Linda, He's adorable! No wonder you fell in love with him!

:rolleyes:

Kay

AWWWWW!!! I love puppies!! Shadow looks so sweet - and I think it's a perfect name.

Enjoy each other!! Loving animals is the best. I went from dogs to cats, after I lost Charlie. He wasn't very fond of cats, so we never had one - although I think he would like "my boys", Harley & Davidson. They require less attention than dogs and I'm gone alot. I love them...

My best to you and Shadow, Mary Linda!!! Looks like a great match.

Hugs,

Patti

Dear Mary Linda,

I'm so happy for you! Shadow is just a little darling, adorable. I think you two will bring each other lots of happiness, and it is wonderful to hear the uplifting effect he has on your spirits. I will pray that no sign comes from the newspaper about him, so you can keep him. :)

Just hearing about him brings a smile to my face.

take care,

Chai