Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wishing For Some Kind Of A Sign!

I have been wishing for something, anything at all. It has been six months already since she has passed. I had a discussion with one of my freinds and asked why her spirt, or prencense hasn't come yet. She said that maybe she just couldn't. I know that when I lost my father at 17 years of age, he came to me, why can't she. <_<

I've been praying to God, and asking for Deb to come in my dreams at least, but of course that hasn't happend. Part of me just wants to know she is alright, and the other part feels that she isn't going to come back, whether it's her spirt, or in my dreams. :closedeyes:

Maybe this just is another step in greiving.I don't know there isn't a day goes by that I don't continue to have faith, I know that all things can be done if you just have the faith. :excl: I just hope this stage will just go away pretty soon. I'm still taking my medication to help me.

I'm so thankful for this website, a place where I feel safe,not being judge, just realizing that greif is real and there are people that are going through the process themselves.

Maybe since the stroke in Feb, and her passing in March my body was effect far as any kind of dreaming. Anybody got some new idea, or give me something to thank about it. <_<

Well I'm going to stop there for now.

Deborah

Deborah:

I have no real advice, but for a bit a friend recently gave me about such paranormal things - maybe we are trying to hard.

I hope you receive some kind of sign soon. But otherwise, I think you know how much Deb loved you - I bet she is sending you strength and love in subtle, everyday things.

Hugs,

Korina

Deborah,

I believe if we pray for signs and stay open for them, they will come to us. The problem is, they don't come when we want them, but rather when we need them. Don't lose hope. It will happen. And when they do, it is amazing.

Kath

I to wish for the dreams. I havent had one since he left me of him. I dreamed of him before he died. I dream other things but not of him. We even had this pact that if one of us left the other we would come back to them. I am waiting and wishing. I say to my self that he never listened to me before so why would he start now .lol But i still wait for that sign. Brenda

I've seen Fred 2 or 3 times in my dreams now. He isn't the focus of my dream but I catch a glimpse of have a word or two with him. I think that I can deal with that now and maybe a month or two ago I couldn't. I also think that as I get stronger, I'll see him in my dreams more often and that he will have a bigger role. I don't have any scientific proof but I believe we self protec. Even though you might want to see your loved one, you might not be ready.

I haven't seen Tom in my dreams since he passed three months ago. I smelled a familiar smell of oil twice the week before I spread his ashes on Saturday. I was just sitting on the couch. It took me the second time to realize it. I think we just have to listen and be open to all kinds of possibilities.

Hello All,

It has been one year and weeks since my Tom died. I have felt his presence 4 times and hope for it everyday. Two times I felt like he came for me, to me, to say.....he is ok and that i will be too. Both of those times my daughter was sleeping in the house too while visiting me. I think that meant that I was more relaxed with her here and so could be more open to Tom.

Two times I saw him in a dream. Happy dreams, but not really about me.

What I want in my life is to have him come to me in dreams, or in any other fashion. Just a glimpse makes me happy. I understand what you all say and have that same desire.

I do feel that he lives inside me too. I am the person I am because of our many years together and how we "rubbed off" on each other. I carry his spirit in me too. It is not as good as the real thing, but at least it is something and I am a better person for it.

Valley

• 2 weeks later...

Brian has not come to me in my dreams and I'm not sure whether I could handle it or not. Perhaps he will come to me when my mind is ready? I do believe in other signs. Last weekend I went to the beach with a friend. As we were walking on the beach watching the surfers (Brian had been a surfer in his younger days), a big butterfly began to follow us up the beach. I had also seen a huge butterfly a week earlier at work as I was struggling with my emotions. And, the next day at the beach I looked out the balcony and saw a butterfly below me. I did get a sense of peace and calmness so I believe Brian was trying to tell me that all will be well. I hope it was him and I hope he continues to come to me in many different ways. I will keep looking.

Deborah - - It was several years after my mother died that I finally dreamt of her. After about 6 months, I began having dreams of Stephen. They were so real. One night I even though I felt his arm moving over my waist to hug me and I cried out in joy. I must say, that although the dreams of Stephen are always happy, I cry when I awake and realize that they are not real.

Tim - - I, too, did not know whether I should move from Phoenix to Ft. Worth where my husband's family is and where he is buried. In one of my dreams, Stephen and I were playing golf and he looked up and said, "The Arizona sky. There is never a time when it isn't beautiful." That settled it. I decided that I'm not going anywhere.

Kathy

Deborah,

give it time. You know God will give us what we need not what we want and certainly not in our time. It will be a blessing when it does and I agree with Korina, she is already giving you strength. Scott has come to me in my dreams one or two times and I wake up and journal so don't forget a detail!!! The other day I was driving and I KNOW he put his hand on mine!! I just felt him. We held hands all the time and it was a presence on my right hand (which is the hand he held ALL the time) I just felt a brief peace..total peace he is ok, he is not alone, and I felt love. Can't explain it and I would never have shared this much if it wasn't this group. That outside world just wouldn't get it... and I don't care.

laurie