Grief Healing Discussion Groups

To Honor My Dear Sweet Man

Hi Everyone,

So today is the day. One year ago I lost my husband. The day is completely planned - I'll be leaving shortly to have an early dinner with 3 out of our 4 girls and then we'll be coming back to our house. Around 8 we'll be having some friends and family over and we'll be having a big bonfire in the backyard. Jeff's nickname (also his email address) was the camp fire king.....so what better way to honor him? We'll also be providing markers and paper so that people can write down some thoughts for Jeff, and then throw them in the fire.....so that their messages will be carried to him in the smoke of the fire.

The emotions are running high today, I've already been to visit Jeff's parents, brought his Mom a great big bunch of flowers just like he would have when he knew she was down. I love his parents and hope that they will be in my life for years to come.

The local newspaper also ran the memorial I wrote for Jeff. I had warned his parents ahead of time that it would be in there....I didn't want them caught by surprise. They both loved it, they also appreciated that I didn't post any names as to who it was from....my thoughts? It is from all of us who miss him dearly.

Last but not least, I thought I would add this link again- it is a you tube video (a picture collage of Jeff that my daughter did shortly after he died). Unfortunately there are many new people here that weren't when I first posted it. I want everyone to know my Jeff.

I will try to sign on tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know how tonight goes.

Thank you all for being here for me!

Hugs,

Tammy

What a nice tribute and very appropiate song. I cried the whole way through this. My Jeff was also a Patriot fan....but his fave team your Jeff would prbably go ugh! That would be the Giants. Have a nice evening with your family. Hope for a good future. You had a wonderful past!

Patty

Tammy, what a perfect couple you and Jeff were. The tribute was beautiful and the tears were flowing as I was watching it. Here's hoping and praying that your day is filled with all you hoped it would be. May it be filled with great memories and smiles and gentleness all day long.

Thinking of you

Becky

Dear Tammy,

That is beautifully done. I could see and feel the love. Very similar to what I made for Pauline. Great job, I wish you and you girls and everyone else a very great day and night, filled with all those beautiful memories. I am sure many tears will fall today. That is ok, because, the Lord catches our tears from our heart in golden vile's and keeps them in Heaven for us. Jeff will definitely will be watching over all of you today. With you held tightly in his arms, to give you comfort.

God Bless you and your girls, and his mother and father on this day and every day to come

Dwayne

Thinking of you today. You planned a lovely tribute and the video is also lovely. You are in my thoughts...I know the bittersweetness of a day like this. Happy memories but sadness at the loss. Peace to your spirit, Mary

Dear Tammy,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Hope it goes off even better than you have planned.

Peace,

Harry

Tammy,

I'm thinking of you today...I think the memorial you wrote sounds like a great idea.

Tammy,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures and the song in the youtube video, that was awesome. You can just see what a great couple the two of you were. Take care and I pray that your bon fire and messages go well. Wishing you a peace filled evening.

Pat

Dear Tammy,

How did everything go for you and your family yesterday? I prayed it went very well for you. I do not know what I will do on my first year anniversary of Pauline's passing. I do not believe I will have any support from her family.

Anyway please tells us how it went and how you are no after.

God Bless, may he give you peace, and comfort your soul. Jeff is very PROUD of you!!!

Dwayne