Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Help! Need Prayers

I know this doesn't have anything to do with grieving but I feel like you are my friends and I really need help...I need all of you to pray for me. My elbow is killing me and it's been 5 1/2 weeks, it should not be hurting this bad, something's wrong. I tried calling my doctor yesterday and she never has called me back. I haven't done anything today and even pain med. is not touching it. I need it to heal so I can get a job and get back to the grind, I can't go on like this. Please, it's so discouraging, I just feel like everything ke3eps going wrong and i can't take much more.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Kay

Guest Nicholas

Kay,

Can't you get to a hospital A & E department, well that's what we call them in the UK, and wait till you get seen if the pain is that bad?

Take care

Nicholas

Kay,

I can understand your feeling of desperation if the pain is unbearable, and you're alone on top of it all. When one of my sons broke his ankle a couple of years ago he was told that the pain might be bad at times, especially if he was using it too much. When you're living alone, it's probably hard not to use that arm.

All the same, I'd contact the local hospital and ask them about it if you can't get hold of your doctor. Do you have insurance coverage for that kind of thing? It's scary being alone and in pain and wondering what might be wrong. Maybe just talking to someone at the hospital will at least calm your nerves a bit.

There are pain patches you can use that might be stronger. But do ask your doctor or the hospital.

This might sound trite, but hang in there. We're listening to you.

Melina

Dear Kay,

I think you should get to the ER for another x-ray. Just incase if it has been damaged more by that first DR telling you to exercise it instead of the sling where it should have been.

You are always in my prayers every night. I just hope that you could feel them, and know I am here for you even though we are a coast apart.

If your DR does not get back today, please get to the ER.

God Bless, may He takes your pain away and heal your arm. Them HE will get you that job you need so bad.

Your friend

Dwayne

Oh, Kay, it is so hard to do all this alone. i am so sorry. I do think you should go to ER and have it checked. Just a piece of info. When I fell last October and broke 2 fingers it was 6 weeks later that my shoulder started hurting from the fall. I am still dealing with that in PT. I hope you will get to ER. Do you have someone, anyone, who can go with you. And I think it IS about grieving...not that it matters...as you are alone, doing this by yourself and I think many of us are worn out and healing takes longer. I am sending prayers and good thoughts to you. Maybe you even slept on it wrong or something but it should be looked at. I am so sorry. You have had it. I remember the day I fell on my way into the bank....I felt flat on my face, rolled over and was sobbing and saying "I can't take any more". The bank people came out....small town...know them all well...and helped and even got me a gift card later. But that feeling of not being able to take anymore...is powerful. We just max out sometimes. Prayers coming your way, Mary

Praying for you Kay, and agreeing with others that you need to go to ER if you can. Sounds as if your pain is escalating, and you probably should have it seen about. You have had a rough time lately, you are always in my prayers and thoughts. Keep us posted.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Dear Kay,

It never rains but it pours. Sending you as many positive thoughts and electronic hugs as the traffic will bear.

Peace,

Harry

Thank you for your responses, it's encouraging and uplifting. I know electronic hugs don't change the physical situation, but they mean a great deal to my spirit and that's sometimes the biggest thing we need!