Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Significant Quotes

mfh

Kay, you are so sweet. Thank you for your encouragement throughout the years. Many of us have developed a deep connection having been on this forum. I just love how deeply spiritual you are. It is good to know someone as beautiful as you are. 

From FB this morning...

The Prayer of the Heart's photo.

"What is a blessing? 
A blessing is a circle of light drawn around a person to protect, heal and strengthen.” ...“It is a gracious invocation where the human heart pleads with the divine heart. When a blessing is invoked, a window opens in eternal time.”

-John O'Donohue

Art by Sandra Bierman

So true!  I learned that the hard way in my early 20s.

So true, though it's as the sun comes up I need this advice more. I still wake to deep sad ness, even now after almost four years. It's morning here and I dreamed about our old house which I've done a lot lately. I think it's because I've been editing a video about it, but Pete wasn't in the dream and never seems to enter my dreams. I so wish he did. But to return to the quote, I do have many blessings.

Jan,

I can't tell you how long it was before George entered my dreams.  Even now, he does enter my dreams once in a while, but not often.  I don't understand that because we were everything to each other, maybe our bodies are trying to shield us from the rude awakening of waking up to find them gone (again) after such dreams?

"We can't know why the lily has so brief a time to bloom in the warmth of sunlight's kiss upon its face before it folds into it's fragrance and bids the world good night to rest it's beauty in a gentler place. But we can know that nothing that is loved is ever lost and no one who has touched a heart can really pass away because some beauty lingers on in each memory of which they've been a part."

~ Ellen Brenneman

"Lilly Pond" painting by Marcia BaldwinThe Far Side of the Rainbow's photo.

I love this quote. Maria Kubitz posted it on FB today. I don't know if it is an original quote.

I think that's what we do here on our forum ~ we give of our time in listening with open hearts.

Maria Kubitz's photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Tara Brach's book True Refuge continues to be a "tool" on my journey.

"As we ignore our painful feelings or push them away, they impede our flowing aliveness and obscure the pure awareness that is our source. By not listening to our inner life, we cut ourselves off from reality. What remains is a diminished self, an unreal other.

But when we confide in someone and they listen to us, really listen, the debris naturally begins to dissolve, and the fountain of aliveness is again free to flow. And when we listen, really listen, to another, we help them come home to this same aliveness." ~ True Refuge

photo: Janet Merrick

Tara Brach's photo.

Thank you...beautifully put!

Oh Anne, and I'm sure you use them all!  (Colored pencils too.)

Ahh, who couldn't love that smile!