Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

Mary Q, do let me know. What time is your appointment. I know you are anxious about this hoping the new meds get those pressures down. I feel over tired tonight...so hope I sleep. Will watch the Newsroom now...I taped it. Love, mary

Mary Q, please keep us posted about your BP, hopefully new meds will do the trick. I know how hard it can be to get it down, mine was too high for years, and rather borderline now although passable.

Kay in case Mary is off line it is her glaucoma pressures.

Oh, thanks!

I don't remember what I have that they're "keeping an eye on" but it's a film across my eye and it kind of moves in and out. Plus I have a clear cyst on my left eye and a hard yellowish cyst on my right eye, very uncomfortable! This getting old stuff is for the birds!

You know that we all will be carrying you in our hearts this week, Mary. Amazing how most of us never think about our eyes until we need to - I think of all the beauty in this world that we have been privledged to see - if only we could capture it in a bottle as the song suggests:

Just click on the blank picture and it will come up on you tube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QKneGjVGK4

We do travel with you as you take this journey, Mary. Kay and Mary from Arkansas - you will be on my prayer list, also.

Anne, I loved Jim Croce, another artist gone too soon. That song, "Time in a Bottle" and his "Roller Derby Queen" are two of my favorites of his. If you have not heard "Roller Derby Queen", you must find it on Youtube...it is pretty funny.
Leaving in a few minutes to get eye pressure checked...will report back when I get home. Thundering and raining here...enjoyed the porch this morning with the light and sound show...Sassy did not enjoy it as much. :unsure:

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Mary Queen...I am thinking of you as you get those pressures checked...let me know and about his advice either way.

Anne, I do love this song and I do know you and others here are with me this week. I have a bunch of stuff to do today...including showing up at the General Store for coffee with my art group, pack, water my new trees tomorrow-it poured right after I watered them yesterday, pay some bills due next week in case I am not back, etc. The kids will come while I am gone and weed and mulch and plant Hosta.... I thank you and all here for your love and support. I have a positive attitude, am fairly calm and want this over.

Q Mary,

I'll be watching for your post about the pressure.

Love the image of sitting on the back porch in a thunderstorm.

*<twinkles>*

fae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwhxXjdMPd8

I think this link will take you to Jim Croce's Roller Derby Queen song....I love the song, so funny. OK, for my report, two week ago pressure in right eye was 17, left eye 25, now 20 in right and 27 in left. Doctor is putting me on Cosopt twice a day each eye, and Latanoprost at night. Check again in two weeks. They say that it sometimes just takes time to get the right meds and dosages.....hope it is sooner rather than later....sort of freaking me out. Went for years with no change, and now suddenly pressure elevating. I ask if I could be doing something to cause this, and they said no, just the nature of the disease....whoopee.

Now I am getting ready for a luncheon with two of my widow friends, one pretty recent. We are eating at Chantilley's, a sort of tea room restaurant in a lovely old home. Looking forward to it.

Hope all have a good day.....Mary, thinking of you as you travel tomorrow, and have your surgery on Wednesday....very positive thoughts coming your way.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Yes, the link (Roller Derby Queen) worked, Mary (Queenmary) and I smiled all the way through it. Great guitar, also.

I am sorry that the pressure in your eyes is going up - let's hope that it is just adjusting those meds. You are in my prayers.

I hope your lunch was fun in the tea room. When my daughter was young a few of us would take our girls to high tea - they would get all dressed up and wear gloves and little hats and have so much fun. Today my daughter takes my grandchild - it was a memory from the past that caught on - I hope to go with them when I'm in IL soon. Anne

Yes, dear Mary, you will be busy - you know you will be very close to my heart these next several days. Only love comes to you.

May that positive attiitude and calm stay with you these next days. Anne

Thank you for the meditation above, Marty.

While breathing during the above exercise, a lotus flower came into my thought so I would like to share a thought by Kahlil Gibran titled, 'On Self-Knowledge.' I used a pdf format so the flower could be seen at the top of the page. Enjoy all those of you who visit here.

On Self- Knowledge.pdf

"Sometimes the only thing you can control is your own breath."

An easy mindfulness breathing exercise is described in this article: Yoga for Hospice Caregivers and Patients

How true is that statement..."sometimes the only thing you can control is your own breath." Thank you for that treasure.

Another thought from Tara Brach's book, True Refuge

"It is helpful to start your meditation with a reflection on what matters to you. Some meditation students bring to mind an all-encompassing aspiration, while others focus on a particular intention for the sitting or the day. For instance, you might connect with your aspiration for loving fully or decide to embrace whatever difficult emotions arise during your practice. You might aspire to the truth—to really see what is happening and what is real—or you might have the particular intention to recognize and let go of thoughts. When you begin by asking your heart what matters, you are already on the path to presence." ~ True Refuge

1012013_507474035992032_1062690318_n.jpg

Dear Anne,

A beautiful quote and a truly beautiful watercolour. Thank you for this early morning gift of thoughtfulness and beauty. :)

fae

I'm with fae...beautiful quote and lovely watercolor. Thank you. True Refuge is the book I am taking with me besides the 40 on my iPad. :)

Mary, thinking of you today...I see you were up in the wee hours. I was only on line a minute last night...yesterday at work did me in. Praying for you dear Mary!

Thank you for the above link, Marty. And, yes, it is "simply delightful."

This is a music meditation for us to focus on all the beauty in our world. Watch full screen. I love the colors and of course the music.

Dearest Anne,

Thank you so very much for the Silence video. I have listened and watched it twice already. So beautiful!

The scenery reminds me a bit of where I spent part of my childhood in the Ozarks, on one of the family ranches. You have brought back memories of sitting on a hillside on a cool fall day, waiting for the cows to come up from the creek for evening milking, while all around me, the bees buzzed and the migrating birds ate their way further south. Grandmother would be picking up black walnuts or pecans from the groves planted by my great-great Grandfather, and I could sit on the stone walls and watch little critters scurry about. I was 10, and totally into the Russian Romantics for music -- who does not love Dance of the Flowers? - but I was also already doing archaeology, and the photos of the autumn hillsides pulled me back into those days of hunting for arrowheads and pottery shards along the creeks, of learning about the mounds on the ranch, and most strongly, pulled me back into days of peace, exploration, and being surrounded by my Grandmother's strong and steady love as she taught me about medicinal plants and the amazingly edible forests and meadows. She was an incredibly remarkable woman, as are you and so many loving hearts here.

Thank you dear one. Your presence here, your gentle sharing and wisdom, and your generosity of spirit touch my heart and bring a smile. Thank you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Beautiful colors!

A good article to tap into our creative selves. The link is not coming up so I have to be creative and think of something else. I'll be right back....

a morning meditation that I have used before and since I'm visual it's another video.

I like this web site - Transcending Loss: Understanding the life long impact of grief.

Today's message from FB - I've heard it before but like to think of this often - many of us had great love....

When you awaken in the morning, the shock of remembering 'what happened' can take your breath away. Your stomach sinks as you remember all over again, 'oh yes, she is gone.' 'He died.' You might find a sense of dread, depression or shock descends upon you as you emerge from a dream state. Try pairing this realization with another feeling: love. Remember that having the experience of knowing this person enriched your life. Hold onto eternal love, which is like light in the darkness.

16598_10153105715455374_346574944_n.jpg

Thank you, Anne. I am long past the sudden realization bursts, I know longer expect George to be on the phone or walk through the door, I don't waken with a start, but all the same, it is good to always remember how enriched my life has been by him.

I have a rubber stamp that I bought to make a card for him before we were married, it says:

"I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I am with you."

That pretty much sums up the wonderful relationship that we shared.