Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

Oh, Dear Kay, that is such a beautiful photo! You two are just adorable. You are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I love it.

All the above happened while I was slowly nattering.

That is such a beautiful photo of the two of you. I am so happy you have it. How very wonderful.

I am smiling at your beautiful faces, beaming with joy.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Kay that is such a beautiful photo and setting. Your love for each other shines out of it. And George looks just like you have described him.

Pete called me Lovie as i did him, more often than Sweetheart, and when he had had the stroke I was visiting him one day and I called him Lovie and the nurse said "you know, it's best not to patronise as he understands what you are saying, you know".

I was so shocked at her total misunderstanding of one of our love terms, but I didn't say anything apart from gently saying this is how we always spoke to each other.

Heading to my meditation room for a while but saw this and want to share it....I think we all need a shell to carry around right now...and to go into when we need to protect ourselves or be still or whatever.

3ee8c1e04a0788f4685a1c9ada201ccc.jpg

It was the happiest day of my life...along with the day my children were born. :)

Yes, Jan, I am doing the mantra meditation - I liked Cosmic Peace and today is Inner Peace. I think your link cannot work because it would be considered advertising which is not aloud on the forum. I think.

"Find a place to sit comfortably and close your eyes. Begin with three conscious breaths: Inhale long and deep, filling the lungs, then exhale slowly, sensing a letting go of any tensions in your body and mind. ..." ~ True Refuge by Tara Brach

1234907_528863233853112_1535757863_n.jpg

Namasté - I honor the Spirit in you that is also in me.

http://www.onbeing.org/blog/eckhart-tolle-and-the-kingdom-of-heaven-within/5396

Eckhart Tolle on becoming more spiritually oriented. This is long but good. He provides ideas on how to live more present...by doing mini meditations all day long i.e. a few seconds of awareness as you wash your hands, climb steps, etc. I do this a LOT and it does matter and makes a big difference. Watering the flowers, petting the dog, making the bed....be present.

Marty, this is excellent. This is exactly how I try to live and meditate. It brings us into the moment especially for someone who has difficulty sitting for 20 or more minutes which, for me, is also so important. Eckhart Tolle meditates like this all the time instead of the sitting meditation. As I water my flowers (which has been twice a day often with the heat and no rain) I do this; petting Bentley also as well as emptying the dishwasher, making the bed, stirring food, folding laundry and more. Easy and effective. Thanks for this piece.

On Eagle's Wings

http://blog.onbeing.org/post/61740831976/an-incredible-minute-thirty-soaring-through-the

A 90 second flight through the mountains. Camera on the back of an eagle.

post-14525-0-75758700-1379963053_thumb.j

I love this. We see with so many eyes...including the 3rd eye and the eye of the heart.

These folks are doing such great work in Madison. Richie is the person who will be with Jon Kabat-Zinn on Oct. 11 and all day on the 12th. He also recently hosted a day with the Dalai Lama, A Huffington, other leaders in other fields. I still have the links if anyone is interested. 5 hours of incredible. They have invaded many of the Madison schools so their research is actually spreading throughout Madison (among other places). They just got a 5 million dollar grant to continue for 5 more years. Yay!

I truly believe that until we stop and just be, become mindful and present to ourselves and each other this world can not be healed. In 1980 i was not allowed to say the word "meditation" in the corporations with whom I consulted. Today ministers, meditation teachers, classes and more are going on in every single place and Tara Brach said at the talk I heard a couple weeks ago that her Insight Meditation Center now has a contract with the White House etc. to teach them meditation. There IS hope.

Thank you, Marty. As always you are on your toes providing so very much that is helpful.

An excellent article on meditation...especially for those about to give up on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-davis-phd/meditation-tips_b_3996512.html

"The path to the great love of our core being begins with valuing and embracing the thought and feeling passing in our meditation. Instead of merely watching and letting go, we can embrace our mental stream. When we embrace the stream of thoughts, we are right away including our heart essence. Meditation is this embrace, feeling the presence of our heart in our awareness. This presence is underneath, in, and all around the inner voice, the stream of thought. As our awareness includes the greater presence we find inside, the engine of our mind slows down, the busy voice of our ego calms. Our experience of heart strengthens. We are no longer waiting for a break in the clouds, a clearing in our thoughts. Meditation is feeling the body of presence in our heart. Our meditation is bigger than the thought and feeling floating down our inner river. Meditation is the daily connection with the part of us that is much greater."

post-14525-0-90889400-1380544310_thumb.j

My reset button is meditation and mindfulness. It works...it helps us focus, be calm, get centered, be present and heal. There are many helpful posts on this string for those who have not tried meditation/mindfulness.

Peace

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great article. I have done this kind of writing off and on for years...let the pencil or pen write..not the mind. It is amazing what comes up and onto the paper. Thanks for sharing this, Marty.