Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Pets- Consolers (Four Legged, Two Legged, Fur, Finned)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, Mary, I know the sense of relief you feel on her account and I am so so sorry for your pain and loss. I hold you in my heart as loss once again enters your life. I am so very sorry. Mary

Dear QMary,

I am so very sorry to hear about dear Faith, and I know you will find your way through this loss and pain that has come upon you. But here, from me and from all of us, please feel our love and caring around and within you.

I hope you find some peace inside your grief today. My thoughts are with you.

namaste,

fae

QMary,

I am so sorry you lost your little Faith, but I'm glad she was with her mommy instead of at the clinic, and like you, I'm glad you didn't have to make that decision. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you join the ranks of those of us who have recently lost our beloved dogs. We're here if you want to talk.

QMary, I came across this today and thought of you and Faith. She is there watching over and waiting for you. I tried to find one with a Corgi after seeing this one but alas, they are determined to use Goldens. Hmmmm. Thinking of you tonight as the fog lifts....

Mary

Mary, tears running down my face, watching that sweet video....thank you so much for that. Thank all of you for the warm thoughts and the sympathy. You were right Mary, yesterday was a fog. I am better today. Sassy is very subdued, and clingy, I think she knows our Faith is not coming home this time. They were so sweet at the vet clinic yesterday, when I took her little body in to be cremated. The young vet who took care of her Sunday came out and got her, and carried her in. He is a very compassionated young man. A friend of mine lost a horse yesterday, and he was taking care of her horse, and he told her about losing a little dog to congestive heart failure during the night, and she said he was very affected, and upset. She did not know until later that was Faith.

It was only 17 days from the day she was diagnosed until she left. She really went down fast, and the vets, and myself did all we could do....I have to believe it was just her time. We are missing her.

QMary

Mary, I know this is a very difficult time with the loss of Faith and your sister's health issues. I am so sorry. As for Sassy, I am pretty sure she is also grieving. When Bill died, Bentley regressed from age 6 to about 6 months. He started eating things he found within reach including a BIC razor that had to be removed by major surgery. Believe me she knows Faith is now at Rainbow Bridge and just as Bentley was clingy (and now is once again) she is doing the same. She lost of fur friend. I spend a lot of time just sitting on the floor petting Bentley these days as he clings to me and is never more than 2-5 feet away, barricades me when a friend is leaving in his attempt to prevent me from leaving also. These fur babies of ours are smarter than we think. I had to take Bentley back to obedience classes in order to get it through it.

The lifting of the fog is touch, I know that Mary. May you find some peace in Sassy's presence and may she find some in your presence.

Dear QMary,

Thinking of you today as the numbness lifts and you begin to help Sassy deal with her grief, even as you deal with your own. Your heart is bearing lot right now, with your sister and with losing Faith.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Blessings to you, dear QMary,

fae

The two videos brought tears to my eyes. I remember the first time I saw the one Marty posted after her Beringer passed ~ I cried. Then after Benji died I watched it again and felt some comfort.

I'm thinking of you, dear QMary, as you miss your sweet Faith. Hold Sassy close for she is grieving, also.

How is your sister doing? There is much sorrow here on our forum and I for one am so glad we have this safe place to share what is deep in our broken hearts.

post-15704-0-40552300-1409076409_thumb.j

The videos are really tough to watch, it stirs so much emotion inside. I was out of town yesterday and bought Arlie a new toy...today I find it chewed with pieces missing and the squeaker gone. Arlie was hacking, trying to get something up, I tried the Heimlich maneuver on him but nothing came up. I ended up giving his soft bites of bread and water and he seems to be doing okay now but I threw the toy away. It is so frightening, the thought of losing our pets..Anne recently lost Benji and Mary her Faith, and other Mary doing her best to help Bentley...my heart goes out to each of you.

Those squeakers are so dangerous. I do not know why they make them with squeakers....So glad Arlie is ok. Watch his poop for the next few days. My vet told me a dog came to her that had swallowed his leash and when they opened him up to re move it, they found a second one inside. The owner said she had been looking for it for a long time but never figured a dog would ingest an entire leash...and then a second one. Geez.

Yes, losing pets is just awful. When Bentley dies, in spite of losing so many of my closest of closest friends, Bentley's death will be the second worst, Bill being the first. They are our family.

Oh Marty, what a beautiful video, thank you. I remember the first time I saw Faith. She was about 2 months old, and belonged to my youngest son and his wife. They came down from Missouri for Thanksgiving with this little tiny puppy, with a bear butt, and I absolutely fell in love with her and the Corgi breed. At Christmas time, my son said if I would like to have a Corgi, they would pay half for my Christmas present. We went to the same breeder, at Christmas, and picked out Sassy. Then the next August, they ask if we would like to have Faith, as they had too many dogs. Of course we did, and so the adventure began with my two Corgi girls. Faith would have been 11 in September.

I am going to spend the day with my sister in the hospital. She has pneumonia now, and they are treating her for that, but still continuing the therapy. I am going to be the only one with her today, and I look forward to just having some one on one with her. She is not progressing well in her therapy, and we are starting to fear that she is not going to regain enough to be able to go home someday. The thought of her spending the rest of her life in a nursing home just breaks my heart. I keep praying that we will see some big improvement soon. I don't think we will ever see it on the left side, but she can move arm and leg on right side, we just have to get them stronger....and where the signals her brain sends to them works. Her mind is good, and I know she is so frustrated, and afraid. I love her so much, and it hurts so much to see her like this. I will update on her condition when I get home tonight. I am going back also on Friday, my niece will be there also, I am going to take her out for her birthday, which is Sunday.

Thank you all for your support, with Faith, and with my Sis.

QMary

QMary,

Is your sister able to talk yet? I have a sister that is quadriplegic and we have her in a foster home. Would it be possible that she could live in one? My sister hated the nursing home when she tried in in her 20s...she's in her 70s now. It's hard finding a foster home that will provide this level of care, but when her health becomes stable, it might be a possibility. Donna needs help with pretty much everything, but she can sit in her wheelchair in the sun and read, she can watch t.v. Donna's worst handicap is not being able to communicate...they butchered her vocal chords when the did the emergency trach at the time of her accident (she was only 25). It is very frustrating to not be able to make people understand you.

Lovely short video on "Proof that Animals have Souls"

Yes, Donna was in an accident when she was 25, it killed her three year old and damaged my sister Peggy's equilibrium so she has a hard time walking without falling (she was 23). Donna suffered brain damage to her motor skills, broken pelvis, broken jaw, but like I say, the worst is her damaged vocal chords. It's so important to be able to communicate. She chokes easily, can't drink liquid, only milkshakes, something about the consistency. She has an amazing attitude...in the early years she was angry and wanted to die, but she's learned to be content, to me it's inspiring. Her four month old was adopted by my parents when he was five, long story there, so she even lost him through no fault of her own.

I don't get anything on that link, Mary.

So sorry. I fixed it. Enjoy....

I love the quote at the end.

Thank you Mary.

We are still having trouble letting some humans know that they have souls, sigh.

But I am truly glad there is so much now being taught about the spirits of all living things. And this is such a beautiful teaching. We're all in this together.

Thank you so much.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Oh Mary, that made me cry! That was beautiful! And I love all of the happy little faces at the end!