Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Pets- Consolers (Four Legged, Two Legged, Fur, Finned)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QMary,

I would have done the same thing, they are our babies! I'm so glad she's okay. I think because some breeds are known for hip dysplasia, it's to be expected but others it would be alarming. Arlie will undoubtedly have it because of being half Golden Retriever, they get it too. That's why I'd like to see him lose some weight before he gets old.

I hope you enjoy your weekend with no more worries! Will a baby aspirin help her pain?

Sassy is walking normal today. She would have been fine without me spending a bunch of money, but I still felt better after the vet seeing her. Thanks for all your concern. I really appreciate it so much.

QMary

Sometimes it's worth the peace of mind!

• 3 weeks later...

"Bentley" posted this on Facebook and I thought it worthy to share here:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-management/how-pets-can-ease-chronic-pain.aspx

I especially like the message that her dog gave her a reason to get up in the morning. As most of us grievers know all too well, this is a most important thing to have.

My dog Kelbi has a problem. She is a spaniel and I know they get ear problems. Anyway she was scratching her ear a lot so I took her to the vet who said she had a yeast infection but he also noticed a lump inside her ear. The drops seem to have helped the yeast infection but now I'm fretting a lot about the lump. I have to take her back for him to investigate. He may suggest all sorts of expensive treatment. Biopsies etc. I'm worried. Jan

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry, I know I'd worry too. I do hope you get some answers soon and it won't be too expensive. I know how hard it is to have to watch the pocketbook. Your Kelbi is in my prayers!

I have one too (sensitive and challenging...at least at the vet)! Hoping all goes well for both of you!

No problem. The vet examined her ear very closely. My dear friend Sandra put the muzzle on her, lifted her onto the table, stroked and kissed her, and held her tight. Sandra is a wonder. The vet said he didn't think it was anything to worry about. I had been expecting a totally different judgement as I'm a pessimist. So great news for me today. Thanks for prayers and concern.

I'm so glad to hear this, Jan! I, too, am a worrier when it comes to my Arlie. So glad she's fine!!!

• 1 month later...

Coming to my family here, need some prayers and positive energy sent my way for my dog Maggie. She slipped a few days ago, we have a huge kitchen area that is ceramic tile. She went spread eagle with her back legs. She has tall very skinny legs and she went down. She's limping, will put the leg down but hobbling to go outside to the bathroom. She can sit down to do her business, isn't crying out but it hasn't improved. I've held off because of the cost of another vet bill. I made an appt. tomorrow (friday) for her. Please send prayers that it's just a pulled muscle. She's the sweetest girl, my companion. I would do anything for her but if you don't have enough money to live, it makes life hard knowing I will have to pay this bill.

Maggie is a long legged foxhound, looks like a tri color beagle but tall and long. Larry and I adopted her when she was 8 weeks old from the spca. All of this stress, along with some family issues, has caused my balance to go off again and Christmas I could barely walk. Prayers please my friends. Love you all!! Deborah

So sorry to hear your Maggie is having a hard time. I hope she just bruised something and will bounce back. We love our pets like they are children. I have a black lab and would do anything for him too. Sending you prayers and lots of positive energy. Good luck tomorrow and let us know what happens. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Shalady

Use full editor

Will be praying for both of you, dear Deborah! I know how it is to have the $ tight. I also know what it is to have my furbaby hurting...hoping she gets well soon! (You too)

Dear Deborah,

Sending all good wishes to all of you there, and hoping this is something self-healing. Also, I hope you can take some quiet time for yourself to release the stress, so that your own balance and health can improve.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and holding you in love.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Oh Deborah,

Hoping all goes well at the vet tomorrow with Maggie. Keep us posted.

If you click on 'more reply options' on the lower L/right when you are preparing a post you will be able to go to 'Attach Files' and choose a file either from your desktop or in a folder where you have saved pictures. Select the picture you have saved and it will show up as a thumbnail at the bottom of your post.Then just send the post. We can click on the thumbnail and see the picture.

I see you have already posted a picture.

Anne