Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Karen, your ice cream made me so hungry for chocolate ice cream....looked so good!! The flowers and the Happy Face Hug were great....but chocolate ice cream....Thinking trip to the store... ^_^ Glad your BP is holding good for now. Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

QMary

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Karen,

I hope they get the BP down soon! That is very high, I'm sure it's the illness, whatever it is. Think soothing thoughts, imagine yourself to be wherever you'd like to be (not there). I'm glad you got some mystery flowers! I love the pictures of ice cream, happy face, and flowers, people here are a hoot! :)

The demons come out at night, as we all know & I start to silently cry for all that I have lost. So hard to believe I will be saying goodbye to a grave only to return home to one..

Lung doc was in & still leans toward viral pneumonia per the CT results. Still waiting on the rest of the test results. As the prednisone is cut back, the BP should return to what is normal for me. Thank you Fae, for the beet juice info.

I can maybe go home tomorrow depending how I do on the 6 minute walk test to determine if I need oxygen. Should be okay if I walk slowly. Will try again in a couple of weeks to get back to Arizona. If still not up to par, will fly my son out to help me. Hope that doesn't become necessary. Money, money, money.

I found out the flowers came from one of the nurses who cared for me for 3 nights. We sort of formed a bond & she was my crying towel. I gave her a Loretta Lynn book that I had brought to read as her son's girlfriend would like it. She hugged me goodbye as she is off shift for 5 days. I will never see her again, but she will remain in my heart.

So just going day by day.

Love,

Karen

Karen, with your doubts about that hospital, I wonder about getting a second opinion when you are discharge before or after you attempt to fly home. I am sure you are eager to get out of there but how wonderful that you connected with that night nurse...an angel in your life, for sure. Many of us know what it is like to be alone and sick now....very difficult especially the nights as you say. Keeping you in my heart and prayers, Mary

Lung doc back in & it seems I have a fungal infection called Aspergillus, which can be caused by a myriad of things like mold, dirty air filters, etc. It is treatable & in time should go away or get better. Education dept. is to bring me info on it. Docs will decide what meds to use, including the darn steroids, so will have to keep a close eye on my BP, I guess. I knew I was the mystery patient.

Yes Mary, I plan to follow up with my primary when I get back home. Nearest hospital here is 40 miles away & not the best either.

Will keep you posted.

Love,

Karen

Karen,

I'm glad they finally have a diagnosis so they can begin proper treatment. I think I'd opt for medical marijuana for the BP (jk). :) Maybe in brownies?

I'm glad you'll get a second opinion when you get home.

All this talk about chocolate is causing me to have tremors. :)

On a more serious note, Mary's Butch sent an e-mail to update his Mary's diagnosis ~ she does have both MS and Parkinson's disease (both late stage) ~ doctors have said that she has had these for many years but due to all the stress she has been under both of these diseases were kicked into high gear.

She will be put on a medication schedule but will have to return to the nursing facility where she can get the care she will need.

Shannon's little nephew has only a 15% chance of survival with the aggressive cancer he has ~ he is at St. Jude's.

Prayers are needed for all in this family.

Butch is holding up as best he can. He is grateful for all here.

Anne

Thanks, Anne, I was about to post the same news and thought I'd better check and see if you already had. This is indeed disheartening news, her and Butch will continue to be in my prayers and I pray God gives him direction on best how to deal with this latest news.

Dear Anne,

When I hear this sad news of Shannon's and Mary's family, and all that they are suffering, I think my only solace is that I know there is life after death. I am holding this tender family close in my heart, and prayers continue. I know we are all finding ways to send gentle lovingkindness. Please give them some *<twinkles>* as well, because Shannon and Mary both like them. Thank you.

All right, with the whole chocolate thing, I am going to try one small bit of Maya Gold tonight, and I will be sending love and *<fairy dust>* to all of us as I nibble and indulge. There is gentle rain falling, 'a good soaker', as we say.

I spent two hours with a loving trauma counselor today via long distance, and it was a beautiful talk, with some laughter, and a great deal of healing. This was after a morning with my acupuncturist/healer doc. My muscles are beginning to let go, and my back is so much better, that we have the pain in my neck and back isolated down to one place, the size of a coaster, on my left lower neck and shoulder. Now I am very aware of it and will begin to see why and when it tenses and grows painful. This is very good. The areas of pain are decreasing considerably, as I learn all over again how to RELAX. What a marvelous tool is meditation; is lovingkindness; is caring healers who carry intention to their art.

Well, the laundry is still drying, since it could not go outside on the line in this glorious rain, and so I am up for another half hour, but think I will go meditate to further heal and find peace and relaxation.

Ah, for the first time in years, a few days ago, I felt safe on Earth again. Huge shift. :)

And talking here heals us all. We are so incredibly blessed. :)

namaste,

fae

I am so happy to hear your update, dear fae! Yes meditation is a wonderful thing! I am sorry you've been through so much pain and am glad to hear you're doing better. It's good to hear you had some healing time with a good trauma counselor too!

It's a good thing I don't live in Montana, I might have given you a run for your Maya gold!

fae, I am so very glad you have found some peace and a turn on the labyrinth of grief (and trauma). Know that I carry you in my heart. Mary

Kay, do you have access to Maya Gold there? I can get it here at the local health food store. Should I get a bar and mail it to you?

You can pay me with a couple of your beautiful cards someday. :)

Mary, thank you for mirroring this significant turning for me to feel validated. I worked at the Holter today, and a couple of people commented on how happy I looked. Things are truly turning, although I know the healing goes on . . .

*<twinkles>*

fae

Home from the hospital, weak & tired, but still kicking. It's a chore to climb the stairs so will sleep on the couch for a while. Doctor opted to not give me the very expensive($300 for me) anti-fungus med as I am slowly recovering. Have only a few days of steroids left along with Thrush(getting better) med, plus an extra BP med for a while.

I am so rarely sick that when it hits, it's a doozy. Thinking it will take a few weeks of rest to recover. So have again rebooked my flight for Sept.4.

So very sorry to hear of Mary & the little nephew. Life is not fair.

Love,

Karen

It's good to know you're out of the hospital, dear Karen ~ a hospital is the worst place to be when you're sick! Please get lots of rest, pamper yourself, regain your strength and get better. We're all thinking of you and sending positive, healing light to you

I know it is not home, Karen but it surely beats being in that hospital. Wise to delay a trip home. Does your SIL have a physician if you need to check in? Prayers coming your way. I am so sorry this is all happening especially right now.

Glad you are out of the hospital, and on the road to recovery. Just get as much rest as you can. So sorry all of this has happened to you, at a time when you are so vulnerable. Praying for you Karen, and also for your SIL and family.

QMary

Karen, glad to hear you are out of the hospital! I hope you can sleep, sleep, sleep! Don't be tempted to do things around the house, make taking care of yourself your number one priority. Praying for continued recovery. My BP elevates when I'm on steroids so hopefully that's the reason for it.

Dear Karen,

I am happy to hear you are out of the hospital. Yes,resting so that your body can devote all of its energy to healing is definitely the ticket right now. I hope you can rest in comfort and quiet, and that you remember Kay's wise words to not try to to things around the house. Just rest, rest, and let your body heal.

Keep taking good care of yourself.

*<twinkles>*

fae

I am so NOT brave ~ everything you didn’t want to know about my mouth!

Thursday I go for some bone grafting surgery to prepare for a tooth implant. It will take about three months to heal and then I will get the implant and that will take another three months to heal and finally I get the permanent tooth. A price one pays for living long and having soft teeth in my early years. Because this tooth will be placed between two good teeth this is my only option. It was either this or destroying two good teeth for a cantilever bridge that I already have had in my lifetime. Thank goodness this work is not in the front of my mouth but rather on the lower right side replacing a bicuspid.

So, that is my story. Liquids and soft foods only for a while ~ not my way of dieting!

Did I tell you that I dislike dentists!

Keep me in your thoughts on Thursday morning and a few days after that. I’m reaching out for some tender, loving care and chocolates.

Oh, did I tell you that I pulled a ligament in my L/knee and am now wearing a brace and using a walker? I look like an orthopedic casualty but I’m getting to be an expert with my walker! Now I better go shower since I’ve been afraid to do so the last few days for fear of falling!

Now some good news ~ my sweet daughter is forty years young today. She is a super momma to my two adorable grandchildren who both start school on Thursday. I hope September is a healthier month for me.

Be careful out there ~ wherever you are. I’m calling today for one of those Life Alert thing-a-ma-gigs that you wear in case of a fall both indoors or out ~ something to think about when you live alone. I have been resisting because I just don’t want to think about being old ~ I’m NOT there yet. :unsure:

Dearest Anne,

There is so much in your post above! ^

I need to go think about all of this. You have so very much going on. All of it points toward healing, yet there are so many parts of the process along the way for you.

But hearing of your daughter having her fortieth birthday is a wonderful bit of happening! How nice. I am so glad you got to go visit her and have a wonderful time. Now you are home, resting and healing, and preparing for the next steps in all these adventures. Wonderful for you to be doing all this for yourself. I am glad you are getting a Life Alert system. So many of us are isolated and alone. I think that is a nice move. I think that we never need to think of ourselves as old. We are older than a lot of people, and we are also wiser. We can focus on those things.

I hope September is a healthier month for you and that all the healing that is in process comes together more for you during September. I will hold that thought for you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Oh my dear Anne, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all those health issues right now! As one who's become quite experienced with using a walker, I suggest that you take yours with you right into the shower. Doing so will give you some sense of security and extra stability ~ and as long as you remove any "extras" that may be hanging on your walker beforehand, it's a simple matter to dry it off when your shower is over.

That said, I'm glad to know that you're getting one of those Life Alert gadgets, too. Now the trick is to remember to keep it with you / on your person at all times.

Yes, dear heart, growing older is not for sissies. But we are all growing older with every passing day. And you, my dear, most certainly are not a sissy!

We'll all be thinking of you this Thursday, and will expect a full report when it's all over . . .

My dear Anne,

You are truly one of the bravest people I know...and that is true even if you hate dentists...many people do. This process, the implant, is long and drawn out and you know I will be thinking about you, praying for you that it goes smoothly without complications of any kind. Just getting through it is hard enough.

I am so sorry about you ligament and having to use a walker and the pain and inconvenience of all it as and especially going through it alone. I agree with Marty, get the walker into the tub. They also have shower seats that you could put in there also....Walgreen's sells them in case you want a neighbor to pick one up. I had one for Bill who could no longer stand in the shower and we did the walker/chair combo. Glad you will get a "help, help, I've fallen thing". You know I fell in May and I am waiting right now for the new ones to come out but may relent and get one sooner. The new ones are jewelry containing a card and the info you need to connect but they are slow to be available. I will notify you when they are.

Yes, aging sort of sneaks up on us and suddenly we are there...needing certain cautions and more. I do hope soft food includes chocolate ice cream, shakes and malts and even chocolate pudding.

YOU are a courageous woman. Take your iPod to the dentist and listen to some podcasts or soft music as he does his work on you.