Grief Healing Discussion Groups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dear Anne,

I'm wondering how you're feeling and hoping you're getting lots of rest. Spreading some of fae's **twinkles** for you!

Back among the "living", I believe. BP still a bit crazy, low at times & then high, but I have stopped all meds until I return home & my doc can assess the situation. Getting around okay, just taking it slow.

I have missed so many happenings in your lives here. I understand that Kay's Mom has passed away. Kay, I am so very sorry. I know what it is to lose your Mom, especially one who has not been herself for so long, but it still hurts. What has happened to QM's sister? I only know she is not doing well, & that little Faith has been very sick. Mary, I hope Bentley continues to have good days. And dear Anne, I hope your dental pain is tolerable. It can be the worst!

For the most part, I can keep the demons at bay, but in the middle of the night, I sometimes just sit on the front porch & cry for all that has been lost to me these past 16 months. My SIL & I talk sometime about our Debbie & how our lives have been turned upside down. As with our spouses deaths, there is a great hubbub of relatives & friends in the beginning & then those of us left behind are forgotten as their lives go on. I will be glad to get back home to my son & grandson & on familiar turf. I could use my son's shoulder right about now.

Hope everyone is well and "holding your own" as we all must do now..

Love,

Karen

I am so glad that you are getting around "slowly." I am sure that you need time to get all your energy back.

There is so much sadness both collectively here and around the world ~ it's a wonder all of us are not depressed.

You have been through so much, Karen. Yes, sometimes it's all we can do is sit and cry. Only later do we start making sense out of things ~ if ever.

Friends and family go back to their lives and we are left to wonder just what in the world are we to do now. I cannot imagine how very broken your heart is having lost your Debbie. That type of pain I have not experienced. I will always be around to listen just as we have listened to one another about the deaths of our spouses.

Thinking of you these days. Do you have a date set yet as to when you will return home? Take gentle care of yourself. Anne

Karen, you have been through so much these past months, and progressively more so as time has gone by. It will be wonderful to be home, I will keep your SIL in my prayers as well.

Karen, just continue to take it slowly, you have been through so very much. I am glad you are there for your SIL right now, however, because you truly understand the pain he is feeling. I know your own grief is overwhelming. Praying for you daily.

On the animal thread you will see that my little Faith died in her sleep last night peacefully. My brother, sister in law and I went to Mountain Home yesterday to visit our sister Lois. She has pneumonia, just diagnosed yesterday. Her progress physically is not very good even besides the pneumonia. Very worried about her. Going back tomorrow to spend day with her.

Thank you Karen for thinking of us, even in the midst of your great grief, holding you close. I know you will be glad to be home soon, in familiar surroundings.

QMary

Karen, I am so glad you are feeling some better and that you are home. Thank you for thinking of so many here when you are dealing with so much pain and loss.

Bentley is stable for now...on meds that are helping at least for a while.

Please go slowly.

Mary

Karen,

I am holding you and your dear Son-in-Law in my heart and in healing prayer today. I hope each day brings a little more progress in the healing of your body. I hope, through all that has happened, you can find some peace in your heart today.

Much Love,

fae

Hello Karen,

Thinking about you today and hoping that each day you get stronger. Do you have a return date set yet for when you come back home?

I am healing well after the bone graft. No pain. I see my surgeon on Thursday for a follow up. Healing should take about three months before the implant can be placed in the bone and then another three months for the final tooth to be fitted. My L/knee is well on the mend. I don't need the walker anymore and I use my cane just to stable myself especially when I go out. Driving is fine ~ I tested it yesterday when I went to the store. I guess I can cut back on my chocolate ice cream now that I can't use it as an excuse, but then I never did need an excuse to eat chocolate!

I am ordering a Life Alert pendent that will be good for 800 ft. outside the home. It is 100% water proof and can also be worn as a bracelet. Something I needed to think about living alone. Now don't laugh but I am also having a walk in tub put in the guest bathroom so I can have a little more security when bathing. Never thought I'd be thinking of this at the young age of 71!

How sweet of you, Anne. I am flying home on Sept.4. Before I got so sick, I had given some thought to flying into Amarillo & driving the rest of the way as I don't mind driving that stretch of the road, just don't like making my way through Memphis & Okla. City. But I decided just to come straight home. My grandson's girlfriend from England is flying in on Sept. 2 so will probably be the part time chauffeur again. Still haven't got a handle on that relationship.

This weekend, my grandkids & I plan to go to the "flea market" in Bowling Green & maybe some antique stores just for something we can do together. I do not know when I will return to Kentucky. It just isn't right without Debbie here. Have had a bit of a weepy day, just thinking about her suffering & horrible death & how nothing in this life seems fair.

I don't envy you your dental work, but I'm sure it will be worth it when it's all completed. I have seen those walk in tubs on TV & they look very nice. I do not like baths myself. I only like showers. LOL I'm also glad that you are getting the Life Alert System.

Well, SIL will be home soon from work, so must get ready to go eat & go grocery shopping.

Love,

Karen

All right, someone must say it:

Karen, I hope you are resting enough and giving yourself time to heal, especially before you head home. Do I understand that your grandson's girlfriend from England will be there to chauffeur you around? Because you are certainly not going to take on that role while you are recovering and healing.

​You are going to still need healing time and rest when you get home. Ask Mary; she had pneumonia. And you have a lot of grief right now, and that is very enervating. You need people to help you, take care of you. I don't mean your SIL and grandchildren, but when you get home, you need caring for. And while you are in Kentucky, you need to remember to rest and heal as much as you can.

I mean it. We will send Anne over to be the recovery police. Anne, we will bribe you with chocolate. (I am so happy to hear how well you are doing that I feel free to tease you. :wub: )

So, Karen, if we put this to a vote here among the Tribe, what do you think the consensus would be? Don't make us send Anne over there.

I am so very happy that you are doing better, Karen, and that you feel well enough to go get groceries. But remember you have healing to do, and it must be the priority.

Okay, end of lecture.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Karen, I agree with fae on all counts and trust me you do not want us to send Anne over. They threatened to do that to me when I was sick and I shaped up really fast.

Seriously do take care of yourself. I know you are anxious to get home but please let everyone there take care of you. You are not strong enough to take care of anyone....pneumonia comes back ever so easily...without rest.

Oh, you Mother Hens......... I love you all. There has really never been anyone to take care of me(except Ron many years before he was ill), there isn't now, & probably never will be. My son does help when I need it. I have just always been the caregiver, never the one needing care. I will get along okay, although sending Anne over is a nice idea, not a scary one. I do plan to go & visit her when I get my head on straight again.

No such luck, Fae, as for me having a chauffeur. I am the chauffeur as my grandson does not drive. Of course, if my son has a day off, he can do the honors. Still pretty hot in my area this time of year so may be taking them to a mall or may pile all of us(including the 80 lb dog) in my big truck & head for the mountains. Really don't know what anyone has planned. Will just see what develops. Since my whole world is flipped upside down, I just try to go with the flow.

Love You Guys,

Karen

Flea Market??? Karen, have you been given full clearance to be up and around yet? I wouldn't jeopardize my health for a flea market! Even though I know you're probably going stir crazy by now. Hold off until you're home and your doctor has checked you out. Anne has let us know she is driving okay now so there's nothing stopping us from sending her over! :o

Kay, there is no one to give clearance for anything here. If I had not been in dire straits, I wouldn't have bothered going to the hospital. I do give credit for my feeling better to the lung doctor who cleaned out my lungs, but get this..........A week ago, I made a followu up appt. for tomorrow with his partner. I decided to call today & cancel the appt. & just see my own doc when I get back home. After a lengthy conversation a week ago to make the appt.., no one had even written it on the schedule. So, best to wait until I'm on familiar turf.

I truly do feel better, just no climbing mountains for a while.. LOL It is not so much that I am going stir crazy as it is very peaceful here, but just the fact that here I sit in my girl's dream home without her. It is a hard one for me to grasp. Even the "flea market" is just a temporary bandaid.

Love,

Karen

Bless your heart, Karen. How bittersweet this must be for you, staying in your daughter's home without her physical presence there to comfort you. Please take good care of you until you can get in to see your own physician when you are finally back in your own home. I know that will be bittersweet, too, without Ron's physical presence there ~ but still, it is your home, where you can do as you please, and be as you are and as you need to be. You are in our hearts, dear one.

I think the care and concern here is why we have over 6500 members. We have moderators who are sensitive to the members and supply us with information that is helpful and pertinent to each of our needs. There is a very strong bond here and members feel safe and comfortable sharing with one another. Family, tribe, circle of friends ~ whatever we call ourselves the bottom line is we are connected and we are concerned with the whole person. I am grateful for that.

Jan, when I want to use a like buttom, I use one of the icons that fits...no words...just a smile or sad face or hearts. It is sort of a like button. :wub:

Anne, you are right....we are quite a crew...caring and compassionate and non-judgmental...all of us.

I never knew how to make the hearts. I always have to look for one of Marty's and copy it. :)

Karen, I can't wait until you are home!

I just got through editing the obituary to include the two deceased grandchildren (survived by...) as my brother had made no mention of them. He didn't mention her first husband either, which is the older three girls' dad, but I think my mom would have preferred it that way, but when you have kids you usually mention their dad. Oh well, if it doesn't bother them, it doesn't bother me. We added donation in lieu of flowers to Child Evangelism, she worked in that over 20 years. It's hard finalizing these things.

Dear Kay,

You will do the best you can with the obituary, and given all that you have going on right now, and the smoke, I think you will do fine and everyone will understand.

I am holding you close through this time. You have more than enough grief without the fires.

namaste,

fae

Thank you Karen; I knew to whom I was writing, but my fingers jumped ahead of my brain. Sigh. One of those days. But a lot done. :) I hope you, Karen, are resting, while Kay is staying our of the smoke as best she can.

Love you Fae, but it's not me with the fires & obituary. It is Kay.

Kay, I know what you mean about the obituary. My poor SIL had to correct the funeral home 4 times before they got all the names correct. Just another headache you don't need right now. I will try once again when I get home to get Ron's headstone ordered. I thought it was in the works, but have never heard anything further from them since I got here. I just had too much else going on to ever contact them.

Love,

Karen

:wub:

Thank you for the correction.

Karen,

Put ordering the headstone on the list I know you have, and then remember that most things can wait until you are stronger and more healed.

*<twinkles>*

fae