Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Oh dear poor Anne. I'm just back from a mini holiday with our daughter and two little grand daughters. To my horror no wifi and no mobile phone. So no internet. Hard for me. It was a nice little break but the weather was cold and windy and the pool was cold! But the girls loved the holiday which is the main thing. I'm trying to catch up. So won't try any more than to say I'm reading. I missed you all. Jan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. I injured my meniscus on my left knee (last time it was the right one) and I understand both the pain and getting around. I'm glad you have a brace and a walker and even an alert...they don't define your age, just that you're being practical and safe.

My thoughts will be with you Thursday and in the months that follow. You might consider getting a baby food grinder, you can put real food in it, grind it up, add moisture to get it the right consistency, and be able to swallow it down. My XH went through a dental surgery that took a couple of months to heal and he couldn't bite/chew all that time, so we used that and it was great. Lots of soft chocolates! :)

Jan, I'm sorry you were without wifi and cell phone, I know how cut off that feels. I have no cell coverage at my house and the internet is 1 MBPS, which is almost as bad as dial up, it's the fastest available here and is affected by weather.

Anne, will be thinking of you on Thursday, there is a lot of liquid type chocolate that you can utilize during this time...choc. pudding, shakes, or you could just drink choc. syrup right from the bottle... :) Chocolate will see you through! So sorry about your knee. My baby daughter turns 40 this year also, I think I am starting to feel the age.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on Thursday, along with big hugs that I wish I could give personally {{HUGS}}

QMary

I am glad your knee is feeling better today, I hope it continues making progress with no setbacks. And I like the idea about the liquid chocolate, maybe you could arrange for an intravenous drip of it? :P

Just a quick note ~ I received an e-mail from Karen this morning and she wanted to let everyone know that she is thinking of each one of you. She cannot get upstairs just yet to get her password for the forum and she wanted you to know that things are not going as best as they could be ~ B/P is too low and she might have to go back to the hospital ~ something she does not want to do.

I love the idea of a chocolate I.V. ~ I should get one of those just to have around the house ~ but then I wouldn't be able to savor the delectable taste of chocolate in my mouth. My knee is mending slowly. I can do much more than what I could do a few days ago. I'll get glad to get this first step of my tooth implant completed. :unsure:

Our monsoon is in full force here in AZ. The northeast is getting way too much flooding. I am fine here in the southwest but oh are the lightening bursts something to see.

post-15704-0-99950200-1408544744_thumb.j

Marty posted this a while back to help a member with password. Can you pass this to Karen?

If you've forgotten your password, you can scroll down to the bottom of our main page, where on the left side you will see a link entitled "Help." (It's in very small print, so look carefully to find it.) Click on that word, and you'll see a long list of topics. Click on the one entitled "Logging In and Out" and you'll see the following instruction:

Forgotten your password
If you have forgotten your password, you can click the "I've forgotten my password" link on the sign in page below the password box. This will take you to a page where you can enter your username or email address, and we will then either email you a new password that you can use or a link for you to reset your password.

Note that if you locked your account by typing in the wrong password too many times, you will still need to unlock your account before you can use your new password. Please contact an administrator for assistance if you encounter trouble with a locked account.

Karen, this is just too much. I am so sorry things are not going well with your healing. We are all with you and supporting you. I just posted a way to change your password...a way Marty posted a while back for someone.

Peace

Mary

Anne, it's so hard for me to think of you having monsoons there, it's so strange! By the same token, we are having extraordinarily hot/dry weather all summer, and that is VERY unusual for Oregon. Last winter it was consistently colder than usual. I think everyone is getting more extreme weather and unfortunately, this is our new norm.

Karen, if you are able to read this, we are all thinking of you and pray you are getting better by each day. I know you probably look forward to the day you can come home and be in your own surroundings. We miss hearing from you but the main thing is that you are getting plenty of rest.

Your medicine for tomorrow....we are all with you.

post-14525-0-24672700-1408553821_thumb.j

Thank you so much ,Anne. I slowly & carefully made it up the stairs & retrieved my password & managed to take a shower. This is just crazy. My BP has made it up to 110/70 which is low for me as I usually run around 140/80. I have not taken any BP med since Sunday, so am watching it carefully to make sure it doesn't get high again. Am hesitant to return to the hospital as they are who messed it up to begin with. SIL has been working 12 hour days for last 3 days as that is the normal shift & should be off for the next 4 days so I will not be alone out here. Feel useless, but just have no strength. Can manage soup & frozen dinners, but that's about it. Definitely do not like this feeling of helplessness.

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Karen

Karen, my dear, I know you're feeling helpless, but this is nature's way of telling you / forcing you to get the REST you need. Please pay attention to your body right now, and know that giving in to these signals now will keep you from feeling worse later. You have been through so much ~ too much ~ and you must allow yourself the time and space to recuperate. Focus now on getting well physically, and know that when you are physically able to get back to that arduous journey through grief, we will be here, ready to hold you and walk beside you.

Karen, your body, as Marty said and I agree totally, is telling you to get as much rest as possible. I am sure the shower felt great but those stairs seem to demand more energy than you have. Please do take care of yourself. I am sure you wish you were tucked in your own bed with your friend coming and going and hopefully that will happen soon but right now rest is the order of the day...lots and lots and lots of rest. I am sorry this has happened on top of everything else that has gone on these past months.

Mary

Karen,

I'm glad your son will be off the next four days to take care of you. Your main order of business is resting and I'm glad your shower is over and now you can rest. I'm glad you're keeping an eye on your BP too, I know all too well how fast it can change.

Thinking of you today Anne, praying all goes well, and you have that chocolate that Mary has prescribed for you as soon as you can. Talking about the monsoons, my friend Kathryn lives near Tucson. Her daughter in law works at a National park near there, and had to wait 5 hours for water to go down in the little river she has to cross to get home.

Karen, glad you got the shower, know that felt so good, please take care and get your strength back, just going to take a little time, and I know it is hard to concentrate on that, in the middle of grief. Sending hugs to you {HUGS}

QMary

Anne, we are surrounding that dentist chair today packing the room with love and energy and healing. I hope he lets you use your iPod or other music source.

Peace to your heart, Mary

Anne, wishing you well today and I hope you don't feel too bum tonight, I know how dental surgery can take it all out of you. Praying for a quicker than expected recovery. I send you my love!

Thank you for all the kind words. My dental surgery went well. I've been sedated most of the day so I won't try to put thoughts together today. When the oral surgeon called tonight he said that I was a very good patient! Wow! That's a good one about me. Healing begins.

My dear Anne, I am so glad one step of this is behind you and with a blue ribbon for being a good patient....I hope your pain and discomfort is minimal and healing is uneventful though long. Get rested now...you know surgery affects all of who you are.

Of course you're a good patient, I can't imagine you as anything but good anything! :) I hope you sleep well.