Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy Anniversary Patty

The first of this kind is hard I know but it's still your anniversary Patty and some things never end. Hang in there as you work so hard to keep Maui Pasta, the dream of two wonderful people, alive.

2 hearts.jpg

• Upvote 7

Thinking of you, Karen and your loses.  Time forges on ahead forever, but ours and our loved ones so limited.  I can't believe sometimes I met Steve almost 40 years ago but I know it is true and explains why I feel I am literally dying inside from loneliness.  Talk of reasons to 'go on' are lost on me.  Inexperienced people to this tell me they 'care and love' me.  They don't get when the most important part of that foundation crumbles it is of little solace, especially when they keep reminding us like it will somehow fill that void.  We appreciate it, but I don't think we will ever regain solid footing.  Yet, they tryband fix us.

its weird to even say happy anniversary.  It's happy with them, a day of reminder of loss now without them.  

• Upvote 1

Thank you all. I suppose it becomes a little easier to bear each year. At times, I am resigned to the loneliness and at others, like you Gwen, I die a little more each day which sounds silly because we all die a little more each day. On days like today, I think of all the good times and all the bad ones. Somehow our love withstood the sands of time until his hourglass was empty.

• Upvote 2

Karen I hope your night is a peaceful one. I forgot to mention that I am going to the Light Up A Life event tomorrow if you want to go but need a ride. I'd be glad to take you.

• Upvote 3

Patty and Karen,

I, too, am sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't know it was your anniversaries until it was over...the trouble with coming on here so soon in the day.  I hope you got through it without too much pain, but then I know how that goes.  I hang in there until the day George and I can be together again, I hope that's a thought you can hold onto too.

• Upvote 3

Kay I miss a lot of days that are important to so many of us here mostly because at this time of year I am often not on for days at a time and events like anniversaries pop up on the day they happen.  I tried to keep a list of important dates but I'm overlooking the list too. But we all know how we feel about each other so we don't take it to heart. Some of us don't even post about a day of importance to us because it is too private or painful to even bring it up. My heart goes out to you people too. The holidays are coming and with it a lot of anguish and sorrow hit most of us. Those who have an anniversary or birthday or a heaven day feel especially vulnerable. With the love and compassion for each other I know we will get through it. I'm glad we have this place to come when we're sad. Tonight when I go to the "Light Up A Life" event in Phoenix I will see some friends and feel that familiar gut reaction when Kathy's picture comes up as I always do but I will honor her by being there. There is something so magical about the thousands of people there wearing the blue light around their necks in the dark. So many people sharing a loss in one place is a power I can't explain but it marks the beginning of the holiday season and we all do what we have to do to survive our loss. Even if it means crying in public.

To all my friends, peace to you as we head into the season...sad but never alone.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On November 20, 2016 at 0:15 PM, KATPILOT said:

Kay I miss a lot of days that are important to so many of us here mostly because at this time of year I am often not on for days at a time and events like anniversaries pop up on the day they happen.  I tried to keep a list of important dates but I'm overlooking the list too. But we all know how we feel about each other so we don't take it to heart. Some of us don't even post about a day of importance to us because it is too private or painful to even bring it up. My heart goes out to you people too. The holidays are coming and with it a lot of anguish and sorrow hit most of us. Those who have an anniversary or birthday or a heaven day feel especially vulnerable. With the love and compassion for each other I know we will get through it. I'm glad we have this place to come when we're sad. Tonight when I go to the "Light Up A Life" event in Phoenix I will see some friends and feel that familiar gut reaction when Kathy's picture comes up as I always do but I will honor her by being there. There is something so magical about the thousands of people there wearing the blue light around their necks in the dark. So many people sharing a loss in one place is a power I can't explain but it marks the beginning of the holiday season and we all do what we have to do to survive our loss. Even if it means crying in public.

To all my friends, peace to you as we head into the season...sad but never alone.

Kat, thanks...you said it ..peace..love the light up a life description...

Marie

• Upvote 1