Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update on Marty

UPDATE ON MARTY

This is Mary Friedel-Hunt, former member (spousal loss) and retired therapist and grief counselor and former assistant moderator to Marty. Marty is fine. They have no internet and they just got power today. Her cell phone is off and on. Debris and trees down but all safe. They have been working all week to clean things up. She will update me if needed or contact me to do so. Please pass the word as I can only post wherever this lands. Peace to all. Mary

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Continuing to pray for them...I know all too well the mess left from a storm, I went through that 3 1/2 years ago and also last winter...continuing to pray for them for strength for the day and things to soon be back to normal.  

• Like 3

More likely it would have been snakes and alligators, Karen 😜

I am deeply grateful for your concern, dear ones ~ Please know that all is well where I am located. Having no power or Internet for four days was challenging ~ but no damage to our home ~ just lots of trees down in our neighborhood. The worst of the storm was south of Sarasota, barely 20 miles from here. Now that I have TV I can see the devastation on Sanibel Island, in Naples, Fort Myers, Northport, Englewood, and Venice. These are the places that need our prayers and whatever help we can offer. This is the worst storm to hit this area in a century . . . 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

So glad that Marty is ok! Thank you for providing info on her status!

• Like 2

So relieved and happy to hear you are back up and running, Marty!  I know the cleanup is a lot of work, praying for stamina and strength for you both!  Relieved your home is intact!  Oh man, do I know what you're talking about, the creature comforts!  We sure miss them during/after a storm!

• Like 3

I'm so glad that you are safe and no damage to your home.  I know what you were going through without power and riding out the storm to see what happens, after riding out 8 hurricanes myself while living in Florida, I completely understand.  Again glad you are safe. Joyce

• Like 8

I know it was a bad storm, so happy things are getting back to normal for you.  You just don't know how much you appreciate water for drinking and showering.  I know so many were hurt, like in Katrina.  

• Like 2