Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Miss Him

My husband Steve died unexpectantly 3 weeks ago. Steve was a great husband and my best friend. I miss him every day. I miss just talking to him, hearing his laugh, sharing a meal. I hurt and I just want to stop crying but I can't. My friends have moved on with their normal routines, no close family to talk to. So I'm here on this forum just to have someone to talk to. Someone to tell about how I feel, so maybe if I express how I feel things will get better.

This is a great place to let your feelings out. No one here will judge you or belittle your feelings. I'm sorry you have to join this club that no one wants to belong to. I'm sorry for your loss and the pain that you are going through. It helps to write, to clear your head. Come here often and tell us all about your loved one. Someone is always around. :blush:

TerryJ,

Im so very sorry for your loss... I understand the pain you are trying to deal with right now, as all the rest of the people that join this forum, I think it was a good idea to come here...three weeks...so little time has passed by, Im very sorry once again... I pray God may give you strength through this so sad and difficult moments.

I know what you mean when you say that everybody started their normal rutines... one feels as if life shouldn't go on without him anymore. I lost my boyfriend almost 3 months now, he was and still is the love of my life, and I still wake up wondering why the sun comes out every morning... You say you have no close family around, but remember there is still people here that would love to know more about you and the wonderful husband Steve was, and of course how are you feeling by now, please feel free to come and express yourself. I've been here for 2 months now and it has helped me alot. Remember you are not alone.

Hugs and blessings,

Gabrielle

I am so sorry that you had to come here. this is a wonderful site with really wonderful people who care and listen. we may not know each other in person but i believe these people have cared more about me then some of my friends. what you feel is normal and don't let anyone tell you it isn't. the pain is awful and it feels like it will never end. keep coming here and posting we all will be here for you. lori

It's so unfortunate that we gather here under these circumstances. Attempting, or trying to restore our life's.

Anyway, I'm the quiet one. I choose to read instead of write. Sometimes silence is the best remedy. Perhaps

it just works well for me?

Regardless, I too am sorry for your loss. And there's no possible words I could possibly compose that would

alleviate your hurt and sorrow.

However, you have stumbled across the finest group of people that God ever assembled.

Best wishes and kind regards,

William

Edited by Roswell

Terry, I am so sorry to meet you at this site...so sorry for your loss. No one can guide you through this journey but all here will walk along side of you as you travel. This is the hardest pain to survive. We are all at different stages in time...for me it's been 15 months. Come here and write...cry...scream....someone will always be listening. I found myself here at 4 weeks and the people here were and are my life-line. It is truely a trail of tears but one we all understand.

If we had not loved so deeply the pain would not be so searing. Steve will always have your love as you will always have his. Hang on to the life-raft this site is...we understand.

My heart aches along with yours and so many more.

Always Gene!

Always!

Terry, as others have said we are sorry for your loss and we DO understand how hard this is. Those of us who have come here before you, hold out our hands to you and say welcome, even though its the last place you'd ever thought you'd be. We each have traveled different stages of time, me, today, marks the 10 month anniversary. It still feels like yesterday and so impossible. You will find this site to be very helpful when others are not able to understand your feelings. Just post a message, some of us will respond and try to help and guide you thru. It is painful. We will listen.

Terry,

You have come to the right place. The more you come here you will realize how much the people on this forum will seem like family. My wife passed away 5 and a Half months ago, and this site has been a life saver. You are so new in this right now and it probably seems like you are in a dark tunnel with no light at the end. I can tell you it will get better, but you will have a lot of ups and downs. I am sad for you loss, but remember you are not alone.

God bless

Derek

Terry,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband just three weeks ago. I lost my love, also unexpectedly, 2 1/2 months ago, so I can understand some of what you are feeling. We all experience the loss of our loved ones differently and we all here grieve deeply. I haven't posted very often, it is just so painful. I have, however, been reading here faithfully for six weeks. Everyone is very suportive and loving. No one is ever judged.

You have come to the right place. Share with us whatever and whenever you feel the need, and we will be here. ~Stoo

Dear Terry,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I lost my husband 2 months ago. I still cry everyday but not as many times through out the day and not for as long. It still hurts so bad but just a little less than at first. I am so lucky to have family around and a good relationship with his family. No matter how many people are around though, I still feel lonely.

It has helped me to come to this site and just write about Doug and what we went through and to read the replys from all the great people on this site who have reached out to me in my time of need.

Take care.

TerryB

I too am very sorry for your loss. Your grief is very fresh. My husband passed away 15 months ago today. It's not that the grieving ever entirely goes away but rather that we eventually learn to live with this altered state that we're in...not that we ever like it or have to. All of our losses are very difficult to assimilate, each in its own way. It is important to acknowledge our loss and pain and when the rest of the world seems to move on, it is here that we can turn to and share and know that there are others that understand and care. This is a place where we listen and share encouragement and sometimes words from someone who has been there or is there that help us in figuring out how to proceed. One bit of advice at this stage..."one day at a time". It is hard to comprehend a life without that person and attempting to do so at this point can be overwhelming...so try not to think about that and instead focus on this day, this moment. God be with you in your journey through grief.

I know the feeling well. It will be 11 months Tuesday (9/26) since I lost the love of my life also my best friend. I finally went back to work about 2 months ago, just to get out amongst the living and to try to meet new people. I feel I have relied on my family long enought to keep me busy, I need to initate it on my own. Not that it will ever replace the life we had but I'm afraid I would go crazy if I stay home fulltime, I know my husband wouldn't want that. I miss him so much every day its hard to believe its been that long already seems like yesterday. I think going thru his birthday without him is the toughest of the holidays. My prayers go out to all of you who like me have ended up in this situation. What I wouldn't give to change all back the way it was 15 months ago.