Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Is My Birthday

Hi my friends,

Even though it has been nearly 2 years since my beloved Dan has passed I feel so alone today. Only one person remembered and I remember all the good times with Dan and our children. I miss my roses and cake. I miss him so. Birthdays and anniversaries were always a big deal, no it seems as just another day. I know its sounds like I am wallowing in self pity or feeling sorry for myself, and I would have to say I guess your right. You all are my faMILY AND MAKE ME FEEL SO SPECIAL. I just wish Dan was here other than in my heart. Love, Kim

Kim, it seems that no matter the time that has passed, when the birthdays and anniversaries come, it still floods us with the memories of the happy times before. I know you miss him, try to hold him close in your heart today. You know you are a special part of this family here, so Happy Birthday! Love you, Deborah

Oh Kim, I know how it feels, been there! Happy Birthday, our dear sweet Kim...I hope someone is saving their birthday wishes for tonight. Try to have a good time with your kids and know you are still loved...

Kay

Happy Birthday Kim, i know the days are bad it's only been 4 months for me and haven't gone thru birthdays yet... Yesterday was fathers day and that was awful, so just try to think of all the good times and have a great day..love Lucia

Happy birthday Kim, you held courageous all this time and kept your spirit up, Imagine Dan looking down and smiling with pride at you! A virtual hug from me in cyberspace to you :rolleyes:

Kim

I am so sorry I missed your b'day. I haven't been getting on as much the last couple of months and hadn't looked at the calendar recently. I know this year has to be worse with your kids living in different places, it takes it down to just the two of you. I hope that you had some happiness.

Love you

Kim,

Happy belated. I know it is sad facing these milestones without our buddies. I hope your children were able to put a song in your heart and a smile on your face. Two years is a lifetime to miss our dear spouses. They made every day special.

Hope you know, we love ya!

Kath