Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Girlfriend's Father Passed Away!

Tom19

Tom,

It's good to hear from you again, it's been a while. I'm glad you're keeping busy.

You sound angry. You have every right to be, she hurt you a lot. There is no excuse for it. But it's important to recognize, address, and let go of your anger if you want to move on in a positive way. Forgiveness is the only key to not letting someone else have the power to destroy you.

Good luck to you!

No, I'm not angry, I'm just over it, I'm fine. I enjoy my life more now and I think I deserve that after being in so much pain and hurt for the past 2 and a half months. I can finally look back and know that when me and Fern was together we enjoyed our times, we had a great relationship but people change and people drift apart. I'll keep our photo's and anything Fern ever gave me because it meant something at the time, plus she was my first real girlfriend and was a major part of my life for 2 years, I will never forget her and will always have some amount of care for her.

Tom,

I'm glad to hear it. That's about all we can do. Personally, I'm glad we're all moving on from what they put us through, it wasn't right or fair.

Hey.

I texted Fern this morning asking when she was free to meet up this week as I'm off work for the week (we was actually meant to be going away for the week together this week) Haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm fine thanks for asking, hope you're as well! Just keep focusing on you. :)

That's good, Tom, I am there too. I remember the very moment I decided to detach...

What happened during your meeting???

We haven't met up because she's messing around and hasn't texted back. She shouldn't have texted the week before asking me to meet if she was still going to be a complete fool about things!

Tom,

Have you still not gotten your things back yet? This is ridiculous!

It seems like there is still some bitterness between the two of you. And it will probably take a long time before that ever goes away. But I do hope that in time you will be able to forgive and be on better terms with each other someday.

• 2 weeks later...

REDICULOUS HOW LONG ITS TAKEN FOR YOU TO GET BACK THOSE DVDS!!!!!!!!

Haha, tell me about it! Still counting the days!

Fern actually came into my work today with two mutual friends, I upgraded our friends phone and Fern was with her, but stood at the opposite side of the shop and never said a word to me.

Anyway, so I texted her tonight to see if we can sort things now, but something's happening in her life right now that's stopping her from wanting to see me. She told me that she can't do it, and that she knows it's been going on for too long but she can't meet up with me right now. I know a close family friend passed away the other day, so this could be something to do with it, it's not been the best 10 months for her, what with her Uncle, Dad and now this happening, I do feel for her.

I want my things but they're not massively important, so to save arguments I just said I understand.

Amazing, isn't it! I have been out of work for three months and have only three more months to get a job before I'm in serious trouble...Jim has a spare bedroom yet won't even offer to rent it to me...my dog means the world to me and most won't rent to you if you have a big dog, Jim is very familiar with my dog, still...nada. How did they go from being our fiances who were going to spend their lives with us to totally not caring if we lived or died, just overnight?!

That's smart. When Jim started talking to me again, he really confused me with his mixed messages, and it hurt me all over again, so I had to toughen my heart against him so he can't get into it.