Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

You have to pay to join the library here since I'm out of the city limits, funds I can't afford right now, but I have sisters that are avid readers and would gladly loan me books if I said the word. :)

Or have them get the books from their library for you...if they are in the district. :)

For anyone who missed the Matthew Fox free presentation. Here is a chance to hear it tomorrow, Saturday, 10am Pacific Time.

http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=46969680&inf_contact_key=c098606e89e8ab730cf17eb8992cb0972846e8f1b11bfe5a824ba7cb4b56dc62

Thank you For the meditation Jan.

I will be using it as well. I love the pebbles, which open up a lot of possibilities from within for how we hold and use them.

Thank you!

namaste'

fae

Jan, so glad you posted this wonderful meditation. I actually have two bags with pebbles, shells, etc in. One is made of white deer skin by my dearest friend Betty who died in 2003...she filled it with treasures before she died. The other is one of deer skin also and can be worn around my neck...with pebbles and gemstones. I will now add those to my meditation table (well, it is a book case really :)) These monks always exude peace and joy.

Marty, thank you for the monkey mind piece. I got that in my email also this morning and always enjoy OM.

Anne, I agree...a lifetime of practicing...

My dear Anne,

Thank you for just what I needed to read today, at this time.

Doug has been so very present today, as I have been dictating letters from him, from my notes the last days of his life. There are several letters to be sent in February, and I thought I'd make a start with this tiny machine I have. But it is time to stop, and your beautiful image and exercise say it all. Here is a healing time set before me, for bringing the gift of peace into my spirit, so that I can relax and trust, and step into the flow and let it carry me along for a while. I am backing away from the desk, metaphorically, and coming to sit with you by our fire. Namaste'

Thank you, you are a precious and priceless sparkle of joy and peace. You so often make my day. Thank you.

And I had a call from the office, about the success of some of our meme implants in movies and shows who received our prop kits, and that brought up a whole slew of images, memories, and even memes, which makes me smile a Lop-sided Doug smile of slightly wry amusement at how simple it is to implant culture-specific memes into these little sub-cultures within the larger cultures. Layers of demographics, imbedded and studied by social engineers. Yikes! So, we must keep planting the very light and good memes. :) Each word may take root in another's mind, after all. Best to ask effective questions. :) Clearly a Socratic/Jesuit concept, would you say, Bill's Mary? But now is the Time for the Wise Women to speak. :) Or we can speak as you and Bill did, and as Doug and I did, as working soul mates. :)"Where work is play ..." We were good, weren't we? *<{{{hugs}}}>* Tears are streaming, but they are tears of gratitude and wonder. :)

Anyway, so we must ask more open-ended questions, which allow the expression from individual spirit this time, and not be so rigid in our Faith systems. We must tolerate more divergence within this converging consciousness, as new patterns and ways of being emerge. :)

I think so many of us here feel that we were granted some sort of magnificent miracle, to have found Our Beloved and loved each other, and to have grown, healed, mirrored, and unconditionally loved each other. How we grew and blossomed! How we soared and danced! I think that is what causes us to gather around this fire Marty makes for us. Wow, we are so amazingly blessed. Just wow. :) We each found our match. :) Excellent game, no matter the tumbles and fouls. We are still here, living and breathing, and trusting, holding Faith and Hope rather than giving in to bitterness and anger (well, some, but not permanently, thank G*d!).

Now, this hour, I am putting all of the work and worry, projects and tasks aside, and I am going to take the rest of the day off, meditate, read, maybe watch a movie and do some yoga, and fall into my own self and spirit and get my balance back. Maybe some Tai Chi. A silly movie, or a loving one. Maybe Secret Garden.

But for now, I will stand and look at the Divide, and follow your directions. Thank you.

Namaste'

fae, breathing *<twinkles>*

Thank you, Ann! Lovely graphic.

Love

Mary

Preparing for my evening meditation. . .

1385364_715479018466289_522119005_n.jpg

Dear, dear Anne,

It was a day of meditation at Meeting, and so I printed the above and took it in to share, and was asked to read it aloud, then a chap who was new asked for it to take home to show his wife, and others asked for a copy (I am going to print a few to hand out, with the URL on the copies), and so Quakers are now using this as a part of meditation here in Montana. :) Thank you. You are brilliantly scattering seeds of peace and love.

(Did you know there is a Friends school in Iowa, Scattergood, which is an ecolab boarding school? When they were in their terrible teens, my daughters almost got sent to school there. It waas an alternate choice to Wayland up in Wisconsin.)

You scatter Good around you, dear Anne. Thank you. :wub:

Namaste'

fae

fae, Scattergood is not far from here and my friend's daughter just graduated from there and is now in a Quaker college south somewhere...can't recall the state. Another friend who died recently was a Quaker and we held her memorial service at the Frank Lloyd Wright chapel Quaker style...i.e. people all speaking as moved to speak. Others from the area go to Scattergood.

Mary

Oh, Mary, that is so neat! You have such a rich and varied set of friends. Lovely, lovely. :)

Yes, looking at a map, I can see it is not that far from you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

I am glad that you like the quote above, Fae. I have a copy on my refrigerator and on my desk in the computer den.

I am not familiar with Scattergood even though I was born in IA. Thank you for your kind words, Fae. I simply say what's in my heart.

Anne

I love the quote, so simple yet rich!

Wednesday is the day the free Mindfulness webcasts are available at 4pm Central.

Information and a sample of this week's speaker is at:

http://www.nicabm.com/nicabmblog/mindfulness-strategies-for-dealing-with-distress/