Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful sharing. I know that you have touched many hearts here -- including mine -- and that your presence here among us has helped us to heal. Your gentle balance and warm-hearted caring have helped me. Your insights and willingness to open your heart for me to see has made a great, healing difference in my grief journey. Thank you.

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anne, well spoken...outstanding...will be helpful to others....I honor your path.

Mary

Anne, you put so well what so many of us feel and have learned along our journeys. Yes our journeys are unique...when we say we've been there or we understand it is because of those commonalities, but with that also comes some unique things to all of us.

I have noticed that many people are contemplative before an anniversary of death or other time reminder, and it seems it almost helps them prepare for the actual day/reminder as it approaches. Rather than waiting until the actual day of, it seems it's good to do this thinking and writing right beforehand, it almost helps you through it, esp. as you can see in black and white what you've learned and how far your've journeyed.

I hope you will let Marty post it on the grief healing blog, it can be of help to others on their journey. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you for your kind words, Jan and Kay. I have been blessed on my grief journey because of those here on this forum. It was very interesting to go back and read some of my posts ~ I have come a long way! It has helped me to write things down along the way.

I, too, have gone back and reread my posts from the first year or two. It's good to do that on down the road from time to time.

Remembering ~ today is 29 months since you left this earth. I miss my soulmate ~ a gentle man, a lover, a father, a grandfather, a great grandfather, a genuine, loving human being.

1505598_346268172201719_7798965954103549

Anne, I know the pain of missing someone and am remembering you and Jim today. :wub: Missing them never goes away.

Dear Anne,

Thinking of you and Jim today, knowing how much you are missing Jim, and holding you both in my heart. And of course as I think of you missing Jim, tears well up for your loss and for mine as well. We are each making it, day by day.

Thank you for your insightful and caring posts. I am walking with you today.

namaste,

fae

Anne,

Thinking of you today...I know where your thoughts are and want you to know you are not alone.

Thank you ~ today, I'm taking a long nap. It is almost 3:00 PM here. It is a good day to clean out my fridg. (equal parts of water, vinegar, baking soda) I also use this mix on my tiled floors and bathrooms. Window cleaners are coming on Tuesday and carpets will be done on Friday. I'm having faux wood put in the livingroom and den areas (when I have more energy) ~ no more carpet for me! Doesn't this sound like spring cleaning! In AZ we do it in the fall also. :wacko:

It sounds great, Anne! You'll have to post a picture when it's done! I would have the wood flooring too if I could afford to hire it done. I've never done anything like that and totally lack the guts to tackle it alone, plus all the heavy furniture to move. I'd have to do it in the summer when stuff could be put outside though because right now there's high winds and rains all week.

Sometimes it's nice to get something constructive done, esp. when we can't do anything about what we'd really like to change...it helps to tackle what we can.

Sometimes it's nice to get something constructive done, esp. when we can't do anything about what we'd really like to change...it helps to tackle what we can.

Oh, Kay! That is so true! even when I cannot truly fix my life, I can do some things to make it a little easier and perhaps have more beauty around me. I was just talking to a friend about wood floors, but I think that is a couple of years off, if I stay here.

We had a really soaking rain last night, and heavy fog this morning. The fog finally burned off, and there was sun for a couple of hours until it set.

I hope things continue well with Arlie.

fae

fae, I'm glad you got some sun for a while...I don't know when we'll see it again!

I love the picture of Jim, Anne. I saw it on FB also. He looks like such a laid back, happy man. I know you are missing him so very much, and I understand that totally. You are in my heart and prayers.

QMary

My husband Steve suffered so terribly the last four weeks when he was hospitalized. Had I understood the severity of his illness I would have been more aggressive with the doctors about making him more comfortable, but they said so little - really avoided me as much as possible - and that should have been a signal that the situation was dire, but I did not pick up on it. I thought he would get better - they would make him better!

So I also obsess about his suffering, and the only way out of those thoughts in my head is to think - he's ok now. His suffering is over. So Karen, I hope you can go to that place as often as possible, maybe not much now but more as time goes on. She's safe, she's free, and her suffering is over.

Rita

Not sure where to post this but this sounds the likeliest place. Yesterday morning I started feeling a pinch above my belly button, not severe but it concerned me. Decided to wait and see...well last night it got worse, a burning sensation about 1-2" above belly button, movement or touch set it off, or seemingly nothing at all. Just shifting my position to go to sleep gave me excruciating pain, not much sleep last night. Will call doctor when she opens. Thinking possibly hernia but it's hard telling because so many organs are in that area. Wasn't nauseated but today my stomach feels kind of weird. Hoping I can get in today.

Good news...Arlie is done with his treatment! I gave the last one this morning. I told him he had to be really good, got him to come closer to me so I didn't have to reach so far. He seems to understand when I really need his cooperation (and save it for those times :P ).

Kay, I am sorry you are dealing with pain especially not knowing what it is. I am glad you will go in and get checked. I am obviously no doctor but I wonder if you pulled a muscle with all the bending and treating with Arlie. Just a random thought. Do get in to see the doctor and keep us in the loop. I am glad Arlie's treatments are over. Do you have to take him to the vet also for check up or is it obvious that he is better.

It is one thing after another and I hope soon for a long stretch in your life that is challenge free. :wub:

A pulled muscle would be wonderful compared to the other possibilites. I don't see a lump/bulge so perhaps that is it rather than hernia.

I don't see any sign of pus but will check him in a couple of days when he's been off the medicine for a while, but the vet didn't say to bring him back, he seemed to think this would take care of it.

You're right, it does seem one thing after another, for most of us! It's much harder to deal with it all alone than when we had our spouses. All we can do is our best and keep going though, right?!

Thank you for your kind words, QMary. I like that picture of Jim because that is how he looked most times.

Kay, I am concerned about the pain you are experiencing ~ a hernia is nothing to fool around with so I am very glad that you are seeing your doctor. It is happy news that Arlie was so cooperative and allowed you to administer his medicine. I so agree with Mary ~ it is time for you to have a while without yet another challenge!

Anne

Kay, I so agree that doing all these challenges and climbing these mountains without our partners/spouses is so much more difficult. As I look back over the past year and see Bentley's illness and all the decisions around that as well as the sadness; dealing with my eyes -still ongoing; and probably more that right now slips my memory.....I often think how much it would mean to be sharing all this with Bill. I do understand...no matter how long it has been since our spouses died....doing the challenges without them is difficult...I think we get used to it but that does not mean it is easy.

Do get to a doctor today if you can. As Anne said...this is nothing to fool around with...not a wait and see thing.