Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This anniversary of death is hitting me harder than any other, not sure why except it's a milestone, it seems to have survived a decade without my soul mate doesn't seem possible. The thought that I could have another 30 years seems unreal, mostly I try not to think about the future, just take a day at a time.

What's weird is knowing I am doing this alone, family seems to forget. I did talk to my little sister a few days ago and she brought it up but she's the only one.

I don't know how I'm going to get through this day.

On a positive, this morning Arlie did his "speak quiet" tonal voice, which meant he was trying to tell me something. He was real excited but trying to hold it down. I looked out the window and there were deer in my front yard, which never happens! If they do enter the front yard, it's on a run. One was standing there scratching her ear, the other looking towards the house. We watched them for a while, and Arlie was real good and never barked. His eyes get real big when he sees deer.

I'm taking that as a sign.

A sign for sure, dear Kay. I'm so sorry that your family members don't remember the significance of this day for you and your beloved George ~ but rest assured that we certainly do. We are sending you love and light and blessings on this special day of remembrance, and holding you close in our hearts.

Good Morning Kay. I was thinking of you this morning as you are here at the tenth year. I sure would take it as a sign that George is there with you. I could just see Arlie standing there on alert.

You know what they say, we get through these days one hour at a time.

I guess my family just figures I'd be over it by now, ha! We know better. But they weren't there for me in the previous years, why would they be now? I mentioned it on FB but my daughter doesn't do FB & my son rarely goes there any more so they won't be reminded.

I did look at some pictures of us this morning, we look so incredibly happy together! I remember each and every one of those moments. The time flew.

Hello KayC ... I am so sorry for the 10 years you've been alone without your soul mate. Here's virtual 'hug' to help you get through the day.

Dearest Kay...

There is no doubt George is there, telling Arlie to "be quiet...." to share that moment with the deer. You are in my thoughts, especially today. Wish I was closer...sending hugs to you, my friend.

Thinking about you today Kay. Never is an easy one but the deer rings so much of a sign which happens when you need it the most.

Kay,

What a beautiful sign of the two deer in your yard that Arlie alerted you to. Glad that your puppy dog is there with you today. I think the animals are more intuned to us, in many cases, than our families.

I'm sure this day has been hard and wanted to send a hug your way.

Mary

Thank you all. It's been pretty quiet today, haven't heard from anyone but Anne (bless you, Anne!). I am very thankful for Arlie, dogs are very in tuned to us!

Have been gone all day, but I hope you can stand just one more hug! I got Marley the day after Ron's 2 years leaving. She is huggable just like Arlie must be. She needs to learn Arlie's quiet voice. She barks at the slightest sound until she is reassured that no one is coming in the back door.

I'm sorry that your family offered no words of comfort. As we all know, most of them don't "get it".

Luv Ya Kay,

Karen

Thanks, Karen. Arlie started out learning to "speak quiet" to get a treat (great incentive) and once he learned the command I just applied it to other situations. They'll try real hard if they know a treat is dependent on it! :)

I'm so sorry Kay that family doesn't remember and support. But they don't now how it feels to lose your life partner as we have. I send love.

(((((((kay)))))) - I don't visit here much anymore, but something "told" me to come and check today.

Bless you and thanks for all the help you gave me 10 years ago and for the help that you continue to give to others as they travel the difficult path we treaded together a decade ago.

Thank you, Walt, and all of you. Made it through yesterday, now just to make it through Father's Day! (It was June 19 but it was also Father's Day that year).

Well I made it through Father's Day...it was on Father's Day that I lost my beloved ten years ago. I kept busy, had Praise Team practice, Sunday School, Church, a going away party, drove to the valley to get groceries, came home & put everything away, took a pie to a neighbor whose kids live in another state, and took care of the animals. Then I returned phone calls. It's after 11 and I haven't had any down time yet. I guess that's good, the day is gone.

Dear Kay,

The strength you have grown, the wisdom you have gained, the love you have kept, and the healing you have done in these ten years are blessings to us all.

Your beautiful spirit shines through your words, and your life sounds as though it is a coherent whole again, or almost, after ten years. And even on your day of so much remembering, your report is filled with the loving and giving nature of who you are - - a beautiful spirit.

I am thinking of you as you move through this new life you have created for yourself, and of all the kindness and good you do each day. Thank you for being here among us.

*<twinkles>*

fae

We do get through it and try to find good along the way. I am hoping to plan a time to go see my granddaughter soon, I need a fix! :)