Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Does my departed Spouse also feel Grief

Try not to worry, you will find each other, I imagine he'll be the first one to greet you when you pass.  Don't doubt you were soulmates, if you felt that way to each other in this life, then you are, try not to question and just accept.  99% of what we worry about does not come to pass, ask me, I can worry about anything! :D  Trying to get over that...

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. It's my first post. For the past month, reading the forums on this site has helped me tremendously. Sometimes just reading this helps me to get through my day. Since I lost the love of my life I had been contemplating finding a way to reach him. Mediumship is something less accepted/heard of where I come from but I've been watching youtube videos and reading amazing stories (though I am not sure whether to believe). It seems some of you here have approached mediums or had some kind of experiences. Has anyone here had a phone/email mediumship reading done that is legitimate enough for me to consider trying?

• Upvote 1

Dear Tannn...

Thanks for posting.  I can only speak from personal experience, but in person is how I received the messages and was easier to believe.  I recently did a phone reading with a friend who did my first reading in person, and I did not feel the connection over the phone.  

• Upvote 1

Hello Tannn~

I gifted my BF a reading with a medium over the phone. The medium was on the west coast and he was in the midwest.  He was very pleased with the experience.  If you would like, I will private message you her information and you can decide for yourself whether she is someone you'd like to try. :)

• Upvote 1

I would not discount a phone reading. I have wondered if it could be the same as a face to face. I know it is not easy for many of us to find a medium close by so it may be the only way to go yet when a medium can touch something you carry that connects you to your lost one, it gives them a greater advantage.

Welcome Tannn. I'm sorry you lost the love of your life yet this place certainly does help. 

Marty you mentioned a concept of communicating with someone that has been lost with no medium required. I printed it but must confess I haven't had the time to focus right now. You need the time and quiet surroundings.  I can't remember where it is but perhaps a reminder?

• Upvote 1

Tann, I'm sorry for your loss, but want to welcome you to this site.  I hope you find what brings you comfort.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I scoured the web for all sorts of related info and tried meditation to hopefully have some form of connection. But got nothing. For the 2+ mths since he's been gone I didn't even get a dream. It's hard because he passed in an accident while overseas and I don't know if he might be stuck/lost somewhere. 

Oh tann ~ I'm so sorry! You haven't given us many details, but it sounds as if you're experiencing what is known as an ambiguous loss ~ which is one of the most difficult to endure. I invite you to read Unresolved Grief: When A Loved One Is Missing, and I hope you will watch the video embedded there, which features an interview with Dr. Pauline Boss, an expert in this field. In addition, you can listen to an outstanding interview that was offered recently via On Being with Krista Tippett: Pauline Boss -- The Myth of Closure

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant stuck/lost in the spirit sense. My boyfriend was overseas with his friends. He was "rescued" but by that time it was too late... it was an administrative nightmare trying to get him back and by the time we did, we were unable to hold him for the last time... I can't understand why I am getting nothing no signs from him because he loved to be around me all the time. I know this sounds crazy but I wonder all the time if perhaps he is lost or unable to find his way back to us.:(

tannn,  We have to understand that we know so little about what goes on after death. Have faith for that is the most important thing. I believe it to be true for giving up hope can block his attempts. I'm not certain of course yet it makes sense.  I also believe that afterlife has no boundary. A spirit can travel the cosmos and be back in a heartbeat. I for one happen to believe that theory and I have seen Kathy leave for months and back as if she never left. When it comes to eternity, time has little meaning. 

I'm sorry for what happened and how he was so far away. Perhaps that makes a difference. If he was lost, he will find his way. In any case, he is in a different place than you. He can go where you cannot so have faith. If you allow your love to flow, it makes you easier to find. That's another one of my pet theories that I truly believe in.

• Upvote 3

We don't all get signs.  I didn't even dream of George for a year or two after he died, I couldn't understand that, when we were so close and he was everything to me, but it happens.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kayc said:

We don't all get signs.  I didn't even dream of George for a year or two after he died, I couldn't understand that, when we were so close and he was everything to me, but it happens.

It has only been 7 months for me but I don't think I've seen any signs.  And he has been in a couple of dreams but he wasn't alive in the dreams.  

• Upvote 1

Kay you're right and I must sound insensitive when I speak about them. No one who loves someone as deeply as we all do should be discounted in any way. What if time has no meaning and they have somewhere to be right now?  Nothing makes much sense to me but when any signs I would see would suddenly vanish for seven months or more, I felt a loss as great as when she first left. I know I'm fortunate she makes her presence known but for me in my life, when she goes, it's like grief starting all over again. She had been gone since Christmas and two weeks ago she was here. She's gone now and every time she leaves I wonder if she will ever come back. That can leave a man with a different kind of stress but I am so grateful for anything that happens. It's just a funny feeling but I think she is trying to teach me something. No matter what will happen, I will be with her again. Then she can explain all this to me:wub:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

He can go where you cannot so have faith. If you allow your love to flow, it makes you easier to find. That's another one of my pet theories that I truly believe in.

I am loving this!  I want to be found.

On a different loss - I have not felt my father or had any sign of him after 13 years.  I guess it could be me blocking them... Geez, if all my lost loved ones show up at once it's going to get crazy loud!!  I love the bagpipes!

• Upvote 3

Steve,

Knowing they are there should bring us some consolation...remembering that time is no more for them so they don't perceive waiting like we do.  It's hard for us to do the passage of time, it seems to drag endlessly out, but that's not how it is for them.  It helps to remember that they can appear at any time in a dream or however we will take note of them.

• Upvote 3

(My Religious Opinion)

As a Christian, I believe my wife (also a Christian ) is in Heaven with Jesus. I also believe that anyone can be saved right up to the moment of death. We are called to believe and trust in God. Faith and believe comes from God as well.  God will call each of his children to Jesus according to His Word.

I sense we all believe  and trust in what gives us comfort. I don't believe my wife is grieving as I am.  I believe she was spared this side of deep love.

If you believe different that is fine as well.  It took me two weeks until I found this place.  In the first two weeks, I read  a man's story about the sudden death of his wife and his journey through grief.  He stated that he didn't have any religious beliefs. and it was insightful to read how he dealt with his grief.  I can see how anyone can deal with this deep kind of grief in their own way. 

My sister, believes, that our Mom still gives her signs that help her since her death almost nine years ago.  It gives my sister comfort.  Each of us needs to find our way through this journey and find what works for us. 

I was crying this morning like a new-born, with just some grief trigger.  It's intense and overwhelming.  When I just let it go and experience it.  I can continue my day and go to work.  I see progress from when I started this journey almost eighteen months ago.  - Shalom

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, Widowedbysuicide said:

You give me so much hope George!  

Thank you for your kind words.  It has been the helps, love, and support of all the friends here on this discussion group. 

MartyT should qualify for extra wings or hovering status with this great and tireless work she does for all of us. 

If you read my first posts you can understand that I was in utter and complete SHOCK  when my wife passed.  My faith in God, this place, all of these wonderful people here that are sharing (the good, bad, and ugly) and working the grief steps.  Just hang on, hold on, share, journal, and FEEL . 

Feelings are not facts but they do lead us to truth about ourselves and our life. When I am down and in the pits I call on friends to bring a shovel of ladder.  Non of us can do this alone.  we are all made for community.  - Shalom 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On August 4, 2016 at 8:27 PM, iPraiseHim said:

(My Religious Opinion)

As a Christian, I believe my wife (also a Christian ) is in Heaven with Jesus. I also believe that anyone can be saved right up to the moment of death. We are called to believe and trust in God. Faith and believe comes from God as well.  God will call each of his children to Jesus according to His Word.

I sense we all believe  and trust in what gives us comfort. I don't believe my wife is grieving as I am.  I believe she was spared this side of deep love.

If you believe different that is fine as well.  It took me two weeks until I found this place.  In the first two weeks, I read  a man's story about the sudden death of his wife and his journey through grief.  He stated that he didn't have any religious beliefs. and it was insightful to read how he dealt with his grief.  I can see how anyone can deal with this deep kind of grief in their own way. 

My sister, believes, that our Mom still gives her signs that help her since her death almost nine years ago.  It gives my sister comfort.  Each of us needs to find our way through this journey and find what works for us. 

I was crying this morning like a new-born, with just some grief trigger.  It's intense and overwhelming.  When I just let it go and experience it.  I can continue my day and go to work.  I see progress from when I started this journey almost eighteen months ago.  - Shalom

George:  What you said was comforting.  I have a hard time letting my grief come and go; seems like I resist it, even subconsciously I think.  It's been 14 months almost for me and I keep thinking things should be less painful.  I don't cry as much, but don't know if that is because I'm just tired of being sad and am always looking for ways to be occupied.  You seem so genuine and I appreciate that about you.  Good thoughts to you...Cookie

• Upvote 2

On August 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM, kayc said:

I have had a few dreams but only one was comforting sort of.  Mostly, they have been like he's on the periphery and it's very frustrating when I wake up.  I have had a few times when I thought he must be around, but now hardly ever.  It's been 14 months.  I so want to know he's out there.  People say, he's there with you in spirit, but I still just want him here, so that is not very comforting.  I think I'm still shocked and angry that he went away I guess.....warmly Cookie

• Upvote 3