Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Does my departed Spouse also feel Grief

I have pondered the question on how my Wife Angela is doing and  if she is going through the same feelings s I am.....Obviously this question or answer is based on believe in  the after life..With that said, here is what one medium portrays what is going on....I am a skeptic, but found this informative......

Do the dead miss us?

Question:  My husband passed away recently and we were super close, total soulmates.  I just need to know if he’s missing me as much as I’m missing him.  Do deceased people pine away for us after death like we do for them?

Answer:  Generally speaking, no, the dead do not miss the living.  I know that sounds horrible, but let’s look at death from their perspective so you’ll understand why they don’t miss us like we miss them.

When your loved one dies, he’s greeted on the other side by loved ones who have crossed over before him.  He goes back to the light of Divine Love.  To say he’s in a better place is an understatement.  He’s happy, blissful even.  It’s as exciting as winning the lottery.  He goes through his life review, understanding and comprehending the lessons and experiences he had in life.  He makes peace with himself, and crosses right on over into bliss.

The dead are aware, however, that those of us left behind are having a much harder time dealing with what we perceive as a loss, because we, the living, think the person is gone to a galaxy far, far away.  Our dead loved ones try to get our attention, to let us know they are just fine and playing Bingo in the sky with your old dog, uh … Bingo.  For them it’s like looking through one way glass where they can see us but we can’t see them.  So they wave their arms, stomp up and down, scream to us, but we can’t hear them.  How frustrating do you think that is for them?

So next they try getting our attention in other ways.  They send us dreams telling us they’re fine.  We discount those as “just dreams.”  They knock pictures off the wall.  We discount those as the house settling or the kids running amok.  They waft specific smells our way.  “Does anyone smell freesia? Didn’t grandma like freesias?  Weird.”  They put significant songs on the radio, drop change in front of our feet, make the rocking chair rock all by itself, and we chalk it all up to imagination or wishful thinking.  So finally they just sit and hold us with their incorporeal arms, trying to comfort us physically without a physical body to do it with.

And they listen.  They listen to our prayers and eulogies, our anger, our sadness.  And they watch.  They watch us cry, sleep, and cry some more.  They watch us slowly put our lives back together.  They feel joy when we have a victory over our grief.

But they’re also spending their time getting to know the other side and reconnecting with people there.  They realize that no one really dies, we simply transform.  This is nothing to be sad about.  It’s something wonderful.  If the living could remember that the dead are not truly gone, it could lessen our grief.  We grieve over our loss, over the loss of their presence in our lives.  And yes, that is a real loss, but it is not a complete, never-going-to-see-you-again loss. 

Honor the dead.  Share your joy and love with them.  Cast love energy their way.  And try to feel the love energy they’re casting back at you.  A medium can help you reconnect, but a medium is unnecessary if you open your heart and remember that the dead don’t leave us, so they don’t miss us.  Remember them and cherish your memories.  You can keep the connection alive by talking to them and acknowledging their presence at special family events.

They are still there, you can still talk to them, and they still see you and care about you.  They know you’re sad, but they know life is an amazing gift and experience, and they want you to enjoy yours to the fullest extent possible.  When you’re ready, move on with living your life. You will see your loved ones again.

• Upvote 7

Kevin,

i have been obsessing about this topic for quite a while.  I do not think that our loved ones "see" us being miserable.  Heaven should be great and I am sure that  Angela and Al (and all our loved ones) would be miserable to see out hearts breaking.  Can't be.  But what?  I do not know.  I got all sorts of books on Heaven and what happens.  Obviously it did not satisfy me.  Every book said different things, some of which scared me.  I put the books aside for a while.  I asked my pastor and he did not know, either.  At least he was honest. He said that God is good and  all will be well.  No answers.

Gin

• Upvote 3

There have to be as many concepts of the after life as there are religions. In other words lots of concepts.  If you believe in a life after death and I use the word life rather loosely then write your own story for you will have it just as correct as anyone else.  I tend to be a skeptic myself Kevin. I could never deal with anything unless it was a proven fact but this one? Well this one drove me nuts. I wanted answers. I wanted things I could believe in. I could only know that Kathy was letting me know she was there. She stopped short of hitting me in the head with a 2X4 but she let me know. After years of experiences and having done the medium route, I am left with no answers but just an awareness that she's there. The one time I felt her face against my cheek and the wetness of tears was the most profound event. When I touched the side of my face it was dry but you know wet when you feel it. Was it sorrow? Or, was it tears of joy? Again, no answers. I am glad the medium I have gone to hasn't told me how things are on the other side. That would have just ruined everything. If we really want to know how it is, then we know what we have to do. I just don't intend to rush to find out. What if it was different for every person?

I do believe Kathy will be there on the other side. That is my only faith for even that cannot be a proven fact.  You have to have faith if the unknown is to exist.

• Upvote 7

There are different belief systems represented on this site, and I can't address all of them, only my own.  The Bible tells us there will be no more tears, and I have to believe that.  I don't claim to know or understand everything, that's why I go by faith.  It gives me the peace of mind to know that everything is okay, that on George's side, he is at peace and well.  I don't think he sees the sorrow or if he does that he views it with a different perspective than he would have here.  For one thing, he knows how temporal this life is.  He knows that a lot of what we worried about and struggled with was temporal and in the perspective of forever it was a very short time.  

" I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us  Romans 8:18"

It leaves me something to look forward to, something to hope in. :)

• Upvote 7

Kevin:  I have a tendency to lean towards the things that were written in your post.  I certainly do hope they are out there and with us.  That is what I want to believe.  I would love to talk to a medium, but I am struck by how much they charge....several hundred dollars for a reading.  I know people have to make money at what they do, but that seems excessive and then it makes me wonder if they aren't just taking advantage, so I have not done it yet.  Even if I knew he was around me, it would be hard not to be so sad still just because it's not tangible and still lonely and it really requires faith.  Anyway, I'm anxious to take my turn to pass over sometimes.  I already put in my order to not go beyond 85 (Ha).  If only we could put in an order.  We are still left here trying to manage this pain....Thanks for the intriguing post.  Warmly, Cookie

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, rdownes said:

I am having trouble with my beliefs right now but I hope whereever Kevin is he is at peace because his life was so hard.

That's okay Robin. You don't need to have your beliefs figured out right now. Fact is, not much is likely to make sense for a while. All in good time. The spirit that resides inside all of us, gets to leave behind the physical body and everything that goes on here when we die. There just has to be peace in that.

23 minutes ago, MartyT said:

no medium required.

I like that! :)

• Upvote 4

On July 7, 2016 at 3:40 PM, kevin said:

... but a medium is unnecessary if you open your heart and remember that the dead don’t leave us, so they don’t miss us.  Remember them and cherish your memories.  You can keep the connection alive by talking to them and acknowledging their presence at special family events.

They are still there, you can still talk to them, and they still see you and care about you.  They know you’re sad, but they know life is an amazing gift and experience, and they want you to enjoy yours to the fullest extent possible.  When you’re ready, move on with living your life. You will see your loved ones again.

I don't need a medium to talk to my dad or to hear him talking to me. When he was alive I worried about him-a lot! I did everything humanly possible to help him live as long and well as possible. I'm not worried about him-I think he's fine. I'm worried about me-I don't think I'm fine at all and I don't know that I ever will be fine again...

I really think at this point that I'm much more afraid of living than of dying. I believe that everyone I loved who has passed is fine, including my cats Mitten and Freya. I hear my dad talking and feel his presence all the time. (I also believe that the spirit of someone else from my past has taken up residence in Mister Cello. My other cellos are just cellos, but not him).

Maybe I'm a selfish pig to feel this way and try so desperately to keep him with me. I sometimes felt the same way when he was alive, but then I could figure out that was crazy. He lived a minute and a half from my door because he wanted to-not just because I wanted him there. And probably he is lingering around me because he wants to, not because I am holding him with me against his will. Maybe he is worried about me as much as I am. Maybe that's how it works, and he doesn't stop worrying about me because he happens to be dead.

I can't say for sure how much my dad is currently aware of, but I hope that he got the memo that we--he and I both--are moving out of his house and into mine in the next few weeks...

On July 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM, kayc said:

There are different belief systems represented on this site, and I can't address all of them, only my own.  The Bible tells us there will be no more tears, and I have to believe that.  I don't claim to know or understand everything, that's why I go by faith.  It gives me the peace of mind to know that everything is okay, that on George's side, he is at peace and well.  I don't think he sees the sorrow or if he does that he views it with a different perspective than he would have here.  For one thing, he knows how temporal this life is.  He knows that a lot of what we worried about and struggled with was temporal and in the perspective of forever it was a very short time.  

" I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us  Romans 8:18"

It leaves me something to look forward to, something to hope in. :)

I'm a Christian also, and my beliefs are the same as yours.

• Upvote 1

Good morning.  I don't know if our loved ones back Home grieve as we grieve but I had an experience not long ago.  

One morning as I was in that sleep/wake state with my eyes still closed I saw a cell phone.  On the screen I saw these words "from  Ric".  Then I saw these words "I love you"  "I miss you" and "I wish you were here".   So yes, I think that our loved ones can and do miss us, but I also believe that those emotions will not be exactly like we experience in our physical body with our human limitations.  They are ever around us, but sometimes we just cannot feel them, hear them, or recognize a sign when it comes.

Early in my greiving last year I had some experiences that I believe were permitted because I needed to be reassured that he was ok and hadn't forgotten about me and because he needed to "touch" me as well.  But as they heal and realize that we are doing well they begin to fully appreciate being Home and all the experiences that come with that.

I would tell Clematis that your father knows that you've moved (or are moving); all is well there.  

God's love and angel blessings to all of us on this site and to me as well ... 

• Upvote 3

Daniel always fretted if I was the slightest bit uncomfortable or upset.  He couldn't rest until he tried to "fix" it for me.  He was so aware of my moods and needs.  

I'm trying to choose happiness wherever possible in case he is watching.  I'm living for two now until we are together again.

• Upvote 3

I had an opportunity to be a part of the Grief Diaries series of books.  I just got notification that the book I wrote for was just recently published.  Grief Diaries: Hello from Heaven is made up of many people who have experienced after death interaction from their loved ones.  I am eager to received my copy.  I did it so that people will gain hope in knowing that our loved ones are DEFINITELY still with us, and let us know all the time.  Sometimes we are just so overwhelmed in our hurt and grief, we do not see or know it.  

Edited by MartyT
Link inserted
  • Upvote 5

Congratulations, Maryann!  I'm glad the message you wanted to get across CAN now because of this book being published.

• Upvote 3

I will be ordering a copy Maryanne. I'm sure it will be an excellent read. Marty I made a copy of the article on After Death Communication and I am going to start working at it this weekend. I will keep in mind the last step #10 not to give up for it may require several attempts if only because I know how slow I am at figuring out how thinks work.

• Upvote 3

For those who may be interested:

An Evening Of Spirit Presented by
James Van Praagh & Melinda Vail

Plus a full day Workshop:
Two Mediums at Large:  James Van Praagh & Melinda Vail Shed New Light on Life, Death, and Karma

November 18 - 19, 2016, Scottsdale, AZ

S.gif
ec0541a6-582d-48ce-86b0-062e48aa8877.jpg
You hold the key to transforming your life and establishing a lasting connection to the Spirit world! With their trademark warmth, insight, and humor, James Van Praagh and Melinda Vail will help you tap into your own inner knowing and access the wisdom of your guides to discover your soul destiny.

Here are the details for this event:

Friday, November 18, 2016
  • 7 - 9pm: James Van Praagh & Melinda Vail Present An Evening with Spirit
  • 9 - 10pm: Meet & Greet and Book Signing with James & Melinda (Preferred Admission)
Saturday, November 19, 2016, 9 - 5pm
  • Two Mediums at Large:  James Van Praagh & Melinda Vail Shed New Light on Life, Death, and Karma
    • 9 - 5pm, Lunch is included!
    • Preferred Seating Available
Please let us know if you'd like to attend this event by clicking
here and you'll be among the first to be alerted that ticketing is open!

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ICA-jM534c_H9qG6uFhbQM0Jmj3z7VcvYHVV0EXUmRQ2NZwFtb3n9Xx2qJzZeozETXTtrlYsdEl670COa1GTk9PaZtFw6Dmxff83S42gFBeHBxe668vkGjfoXkL0sS-FHfbaJSfXCK8u9l5CFffX0R6mtA2tOeiA2HnxNWlnG-E=&c=ZPvkzrh-y5g-F35XRnoBpwvEvlphX16emqt0LmxbUELWOD_n0kXGiQ==&ch=9yXY9mp3j-ZzjauCYbSF7CJiuTWq5dVRT0MrWQ4cZqWZhbDa7kXLJA==

Further Details Include: 

PER EVENT 
Friday Night Only General Admission, 7 - 9pm: $59 
Friday Night Preferred Seating INCLUDES Meet & Greet, 9 - 10pm: $99 
Saturday Workshop General Admission, 9 - 5pm (Lunch Included): $149 
Saturday Workshop Preferred Seating, 9 - 5pm (Lunch Included): $179

BUNDLED TICKETS BASED ON AVAILABILITY (Early Bird) 
2-Day General Admission Bundled: $169 
2-Day Preferred Seating Bundled: $238

FULL WEEKEND REGULAR PRICING 
Full Weekend General Admission: $208 
Full Weekend Preferred Seating, Meet & Greet:$ 278 

Questions? Please email Kathleen Malone to get your questions answered here! 

This is interesting Marty. Melinda Vail is the medium I have seen and spoken about. Small world.

• Upvote 1

I have to say, I have been listening and listening albeit obsessively to Michael Newton, PhD "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls" - his books describe hundreds of past life and spiritual life regressions that he has done... and my initial reaction was "Great." (sarcastic). They are having a grand old time, what about me? (selfish).  I try to glean and glean anything I can about a soulmate's connections to this world, should I be able to believe,  Then I secretly fear, by some cruel joke of fate, that he wasn't my real soulmate as he feels to me, and that I will not be with him in the afterlife.  Then I worry he will be reincarnated and gone by the time I get there!  This is when I try to accept and believe in what is being said, which is on and off.

Then because of my incessant, pervasive tendency to blame myself for everything, as far as I get is to wonder what I did in some past life to karmicly "deserve" this pain and the trauma I have been through in my life, before Ron, and with his death.  No road is easy right now -- not even trying to find a path out of the pain, or trying to marathon it down the path.  But there are new perspectives, especially about leaving this world before the body gives out.  And every once in a while, I can reach out to him and blow him a kiss, and believe his Soul Knows.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Patty65 said:

Then because of my incessant, pervasive tendency to blame myself for everything, as far as I get is to wonder what I did in some past life to karmicly "deserve" this pain and the trauma I have been through in my life, before Ron, and with his death.  No road is easy right now -- not even trying to find a path out of the pain, or trying to marathon it down the path.  But there are new perspectives, especially about leaving this world before the body gives out.  And every once in a while, I can reach out to him and blow him a kiss, and believe his Soul Knows.

You sound like you have my voice in your head too.  My heart is truly breaking for all of us on this journey.

• Upvote 3