Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hard day. Although we were together for 5 years.......today would've been me and Connor's second wedding anniversary.  All I can think of is how very happy and totally in love we were.....how we imagined growing old together, relishing the thought.....we were so very thankful to have found our soulmate, after years of pain!  This is a photo of us dancing at our reception....we loved the beach, so we had a beach party/tiki bar theme, of sorts.  So much joy that day....only to end 14 months later!  Life IS cruel, often!

dance.jpg

• Upvote 4

What is so cruel is there being no rhyme or reason for much of what happens to us.  It is terribly cruel that you had such little time especially after committing to marriage.  I'm so sorry, WK.  such a happy day now forever changed.  Beautiful picture.

• Upvote 3

Such a wonderful picture WolfsKat.  Lot of love in that one, love that will remain in your heart for all of time.

• Upvote 4

Wolfskat,

I don't even try to understand why George and my life got cut so short after we'd finally found 'the one".  Like you, we looked forward to growing old together.  In a way, I feel we are, only he's the silent partner.  I just wish he could hold me.

• Upvote 6

Thanks so much, everyone.  I'm still "raw" in many ways I guess, even after 10 months.  A few people did not "get" why I took that day, our anniversary, off from work.......said I should "keep busy" to "take my mind off of it"........uh-huh, THATS gonna be easy-peasy!  As if I worked hard enough, I would forget what day it was?  I knew I would have some level of meltdown......and darned if I was going to have that happen at work!!!!  Of course, these are the same people who keep telling me I should "move on"....."not dwell on it"......blah blah blah.  Funny thing.....not ONE of these people are widowed (sarcasm intended here)......and they wonder why I avoid them, now!

• Upvote 4

WK we should do what we want to do.  We really cannot make it easier.  My friend told me to keep busy.  My mind goes very fast but my body does not follow.  I get busy on 40 different things and complete none of them.  The little verse under that is "I don't care."  Busy or not we are sad.  I like to get brain numb and sometimes I can.  I wish that for everyone, but you still have to return to reality.  My best to you.  I loved your picture and wish you had had as many years as I had.  But, no amount of years is enough.  

• Upvote 3

I think you did the right thing.  They are clueless!

• Upvote 1