Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Flew up to Michigan for a week, attended my family's belated Christmas Party....we congregate at a rental facility as just too dang many of us.  Being up there solidified my feelings that the right thing to do, for me, is to move back to be near them all, especially my grandgirls.  I've given my current landlord my moving out date (end of March) and am packing/sorting. It's rather scary, in a way.....but I think this does show "progress", that I am able to think of a new life?  It's a step, and in the right direction, I hope!  Pic of me opening my "Dirty Santa" gift (it's a game, of sorts) at the get-together....I actually had a good time....laughed and did not feel "guilty" about it!

dirty santa.jpg

• Upvote 10

Good for you!  I'm sure you'll be better off being near family.  And to be with grands, that's good!

• Upvote 2

That's so good that you could laugh and not feel guilty, Wolfskat! So many times I have felt guilty... and sometimes just that it is just wrong... wrong to smile, wrong to laugh... even in my need to greet customers. It's like, in a world turned dark and upside down and cut in half, how could I be smiling? But I know Ron wants me to laugh again.  I just know it.  Because a real, guiltless smile is an echo of our love. And precious and rare in this grief struggle. I think "guilty" is just the broken promise of "should" and in an ideal world, we'd just jettison all those "shoulds" away. It's the last thing we need on this path.

Patty

• Upvote 5

I've been on this road long enough to appreciate the love that surrounds me. I just got back from a belated Christmas with my son in Norfolk too Wolfskat. To be with my granddaughters made me smile so big. And I got to meet my friend George who new on this grief's journey is finding the flying bug biting. Good for you George and remember it's never to late to follow a dream. Rose Anne will be pleased to feel you in her sky.

george and steve.jpg

• Upvote 8

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, Patty65 said:

I think "guilty" is just the broken promise of "should" and in an ideal world, we'd just jettison all those "shoulds" away. It's the last thing we need on this path.

But one of the hardest to get rid of Patty. I have so lost the understanding of what an ideal world is yet I can find a new world way better than the one I just crawled out of.:wub:

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, scba said:

Lovely pict, nice to meet your faces!

I always look older and fatter in a picture than I think I do in my mind.  lol  :(

• Upvote 4

Hmm, wondering what happened to my response here. I remember commenting on those smiles! It's good to put faces to the names!  And George, don't let your dream die, make it happen!

• Upvote 3

Just a note. That is my son's plane My little puddle jumper is quite smaller and she's is down with a cold right now.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MartyT said:

sometimes, when I forget to click on "Submit Reply," my post disappears . . .

I figure I pushed "submit reply" but didn't wait long enough for it to happen before I clicked out.  I move too fast sometimes!

Love the pic ! Hi guys! Hats off to following a dream...

Flying must be a wonderful feeling of freedom and adrenaline.

I think this what our late spouses would want most for us..to follow a dream.

Keep us posted on this new adventure!

what a day for a daydream ...thinking of the clouds, Marie

• Upvote 3